“Absolute Heaven on earth” 5 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Resort   |   PO Box 2015, 20-02   |
Special Price
Exclusive Summer Saver
Ranked #2 of 68 hotels in North Male Atoll
“Absolute Heaven on earth”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

Have never written a review before as nowhere has ever been good enough to justify the time it takes. But I'm writing this on only my second night here.

Baros is absolutely fantastic, it truly is the best place I have ever been in my whole life. Everything about the place is perfect: location, staff, food (have never tasted vegetarian food like it), just everything is nothing short of awesome.

I can't recommend this place enough. No wonder its won so many awards, it deserves them. Will write more when I get home, I'm simply overwhelmed.

• Stayed September 2012
Sven_Walter, Resort Manager at Baros Maldives, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Dear DaveThomas32

Thank you for your feedback.

There is nothing more rewarding then to know that you are having a pleasant stay with us.

It is my hope that you will have a continuous relaxing, yet enjoyable time here on Baros.

1,063 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (263)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

We always travel 5 stars and this hotel was recommended to us for our honeymoon by a friend and the reviews were great, the website of the hotel was great.
It was very disappointing and won't advise you to go there if you like luxury.

The positives:
1) The island's landscape, very green and reminded me of Lost the series
2) The sea (which is a Maldivian thing and not a hotel specificity)
3) The staff is generally nice (sometimes they try too hard to be nice and that gets on the nerves, like the Spa people)

The negatives:
1) We had a water villa and the furniture is old
2) Bath tub had stains and not inviting
3) some cracks in the bathroom sink
4) Bed not comfortable and linen not attractive

Bad experiences:
1) We had booked a fishing trip my husband and I and I decided not to go last minute. When we informed them they said it's not a problem and so my husband went. It is only when he returned that they asked him if it's ok to charge for my part as that was the cancellation policy.
I understand if this is the policy but they should have told us so when we asked them!

2) We went to their "fine dining" restaurant. We ordered a nice bottle of champagne as we were waiting for the main course. The champagne came FROZEN, the waiter was shaking it hard to get small pieces dropping into our glasses! and his reaction was to laugh about it....well, it's ok to be relaxed but not in a "fine dining" restaurant! At that same restaurant, the main course took forever to arrive, we got very upset as we saw the chef talking and socializing with the restaurant guests while our food hasn't shown up for almost 2 hours! We decided to leave and the food wasn't there.
The worst part, the next morning the chef comes to see us and instead of apologizing, he starts lecturing us on what "fine dining" is all about! No offense, but we have always been in the finest hotels and finest restaurants in the world and we know exactly what it is! that was just the cherry on top!

3) I had ordered a Cappuccino from room service and after 40 min it finally arrived...and it wasn't a Cappuccino...it was a very bad latte. they didn't charge it because they were late. Seems their machine wasn't working.

4) The Spa:
After the massage, which was great, they took us to the "relaxation room"...it was more like a small office (nothing relaxing there), facing the wall and the lady wouldn't stop talking, trying to sell us their creams! we just wanted to leave...

We actually left the hotel in the middle of our honeymoon and went to another real 5 star and that was the best thing that happened to us! Somehow, i think we should thank baros for messing it up because by leaving it, our whole honeymoon turned out to be great!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Sven_Walter, Resort Manager at Baros Maldives, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Dear Kokaloca

Thank you for your feedback.

It is with deep regret to read of your frustrating experience of your overall stay with us.

Without going into details of all points mentioned you may rest assured that I have well taken note and that corrective measures are taken where ever possible in order to better our service and to avoid any re-occurrence in the future.

Yours sincerely,

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We had a fantastic 8 night break at Baros following months of all consuming wedding preparations - just what the doctor ordered.
We stayed in a Delux Villa which was perfect. We had 4 days of perfect blue skies and sunshine followed by one day of exciting storms and a couple more days or sunshine with some patches of rain. At no point did we ever feel cold or need to put on a jumper. Fantastic for Londoners.
Each day we would go for a swim in the ocean in front of our villa in the lovely warm crystal clear water like bath water. We enjoyed using our complimentary snorkel and goggles everywhere on the island, the fish are all over.
We took part in a night snorkel, twighlight fishing excursion and scuba dive off the house reef. We ate in every restaurant, including the lovely Lighthouse and 'in-house dining', and treated ourselves to dinner on the AMAZING sandbar. This was the best thing we did, such an amazing and unique experience. We couldn't get over how spectacular it was.
The island was populated by couples from all over the world.
Overall we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and came back to London relaxed and ready for married life, all loved up again. We felt it was expensive but enjoyed ourselves at every opportunity because it was a once in a life time 'honeymoon' experience.

Room Tip: Villas on the west side of the island enjoy more private beach space
Dear Sydney2LondonJules

Thank you for sharing such wonderful memories of your post-wedding experience and I am thrilled that you have explored so much the natural beauty as well as the uniqueness of this Small Paradise could possibly offer.

We await your return on your next scheduled romantic getaway to Baros!

Athens, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

We went to Baros for honeymoon and stayed for 5 days in a beach front villa. All the staff of the resort was excellent and genteel. We went for snorkling and we saw a lot of colored fish....it was a great experience! I would like to thank Ali and specially Ariana the italian girl from Como who works at the resort. I would highly reccomend this place for honeymooners. Me and my wife hope to go back in a few years!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Sven_Walter, Resort Manager at Baros Maldives, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Dear ChrysVallas

I am glad to learn that this Small Paradise has given you many special memories during your honeymoon getaway.

Ali, Arianna, and all members of Baros are looking forward to have you back in hopefully not too far distance.

Warm regards to you both,

Seoul, South Korea
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

We were very happy while we stayed at Baros. We were at room 330 watervilla for 2 days and room 215 beach pool villa for another two days.

Each room had its unique beauty and sight which were nicely adjusted with decoration. Both room had a good view and transparent see in front of our room.

We can hardly tell which rooms are better because the both rooms are so beautiful.

Even though my housband is not a good swimmer, he didn't have any difficulty to enjoy snorkling.

The first day I got hurt from reef, but I already saw a whole new world under the sea so I can't give up to jump to the sea

It was an amazing experiance for us to see a whole new world under the sea. we saw a turtle and a shark, colorful fishes every time

The island provides a lovely relaxing area in shade or mottled sun under palm trees, lots of day beds with towels provided, often sat enjoying sun set, taking a rest after snorkling, surfing the internet there. Some good music provided throughout the week

Free internet in room and throughout the resort was also very useful when you email to family. I surely recommend you to bring your I-PAD

Special thanks to Jenny and doctor who took care of my wound by reef with his kindness.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Sven_Walter, Resort Manager at Baros Maldives, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Dear Guile

Thank you for sharing this wonderful feedback during your stay with us.

How great it is to learn that your husband and you had an amazing time and captivated by the beauty of the new world under the sea of Baros and to see that you have made good catches during the morning fishing! Well done!

Jenny, Joseph and the entire Team are looking forward to have you back for another joyful experience on this Small Paradise.

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

Wow, where do I start.

Firstly, I was meant to write this as soon as we got back but 2 months later and I'm still remembering how beautiful Baros was!!!!

In choosing a honeymoon destination, immediately we wanted to make sure we did something that some people only dream of doing. We chose what many people label "the perfect place", and it lived up to the name. We stayed 5 nights from the 3rd of July to the 8th of July.

Of course, we've only been to Baros, but we believe it is the best place to venture to if you're going to the Maldives. Absolutely gorgeous reef, first time snorkelling and I think anywhere else we might snorkel is going to find it hard to fill the shoes. The best thing is, you feel totally safe! The water is amazing, so clear and just refreshing to swim in. Sadly we didn't go for a dive because it was a bit pricey ($625) but next time we will budget for that and go because we hear it's magnificent.

The service - flawless. Thank you to everyone on the island who served us, you're all beautiful people. Unfortunately we can't remember everyone's name but Rasheed, Mausoom, Andrea and Farsharn, you guys all made our stay!! Lovely to talk to you all and you're not invasive, just the right amount of conversation to make you feel like it's a pleasure to have you there. And reception just went above and beyond to help us with whatever we needed. We had forgotten the macbook charger and we asked for one and they delivered - thank you very much! The free internet was awesome to have so that you can use your own computer in the comfort of your own villa.

The food was awesome! My gosh, the Lighthouse restaurant...so beautiful. We loved every minute of it. If only we had gone to the lounge upstairs more than once. Unfortunately the weather wasn't the best for the first 4 nights we stayed but on the last night, it was the most beautiful send-off. Finally got a sunset and the light breeze in the comfort of the lounge with a Pina Colada was just magnificent.

Cost wise - honestly, who goes to book a holiday in the Maldives and doesn't expect to pay! It amazes me when people say "wow!!!! $1000 a night????"........but if you're worried about the money, somewhere like Bali is probably better for you. I tell you though, it was worth every cent. And even so, Baros is value for money considering come resorts charge $3000 a night (however I do hear one of them has an underwater restaurant but not something you miss if you haven't got it) - Baros has everything you want for a Maldivian honeymoon.

Lastly, the spa was perfect. Unfortunately I can't remember the names of the girls but they were absolutely beautiful! So friendly and amazing masseuse's. Topped off our relaxation therapy!

We will definitely be back in the summer months and we can't wait.

Thanks Baros!
Mr and Mrs Lloyd.

Room Tip: I've seen some people write where the best water villas are located...personally, I think the ri...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Sven_Walter, Resort Manager at Baros Maldives, responded to this review, September 9, 2012
Dear Mr & Mrs Lloyd

Thank you for choosing Baros as your honeymoon paradise destination and we are delighted to learn that you had such a great time with us.

Your feedback has been shared among my team and they are overjoyed by your comments, especially those names mentioned.

All of us – especially Ronny and Karin from the Dive Centre are awaiting your return on your next summer holiday to experience diving on Baros!

Warm regards to you both,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Sorry I was too busy to write comments after back normal almost 50 days!!! Back to the hustle and bustle life...again! Yet the good memory in Maldives always delights me when I encounter any challenges no matter in work or personal life.

A true paradise in the world, romantic, tranquile, elegant is its general image! A must-stay place when you choose a wonderful resort among over 200 islands in Maldives! A beautiful island with luxury amenities and facilites, 3 restanrants, one buffet, one fine dining, one Teppanyaki. We spent most time in the buffet restaurant as we booked the HALF BOARD package, every restaurants with great Indian Ocean views! All staff service is amazing, from PA to GM, during each meals, restaurant managers are always around, greeting us and asking how the food is etc.

I spent our anniverary with my husband for 4 nights there, it was the second island we stayed in Maladives during our 12-day travel. We did have an unforgettable time together, apart from my sun-burn red face:) No pity! back home with over 1000 nice photos!

Of course, great experience deserves you loose your wallet! We went there in summer, enjoy Buy 3 get 1 Free package!

Room Tip: Choose big figure room with better sea views! From Room number 202!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Estella-Zhang

Hello and thank you very much for your comments and it looks like you need to escape soon again from your hectic schedule!

We can’t wait to welcoming you back for another relaxing getaway on this Paradise of yours.

Resort Manager

Been to Baros Maldives? Share your experiences!