Arrived here from the UK in April for one week - inadvertently extended to two weeks because of the volcanic ash cloud. We have three teenage boys and were slightly concerned whether there would be enough for them to do, but there most definitely was - scuba diving for the eldest, guided snorkelling trips, windsurfing, sailing, speedboat trips, and kayaks for the youngest. The family highlight was the Sunset Fishing trip, a 2 hour guided trip where we all caught everything from Red Snapper to Octopus and Barracuda.
The hotel service is incredible. Their motto is to perform individual situations which 'wow guests' - and they sure do. For example, knowing your name each and every time they greet you, remembering (unprompted) what you had for dinner 5 nights previously, and coming over especially on the last day to say goodbye. Hotel position is also great. We were sunrise side, which means the beach is quieter with a bit less to see, but the rooms are perfect - you even get your own freshwater plunge pool. We spent most days on the sunset side of the beach - boats to watch and generally more going on here. Didn't try the Spa, but heard it was good.
When the volcano extended our visit to two weeks, the manager Sanjiv was extremely accommodating and personally took charge of our situation. The only downside to the extended stay was that there are only 3 restaurants on the island, so the meals become a bit repetitive after a while. Nonetheless, the food in all of them is exceptional - especially the Indian.
Bad bits? It's horrendously expensive, but probably no more so than a typical 5* resort. When the wind blows the wrong way, the sea gets quite dirty (weed appears together with a remarkable amount of rubbish). Ignore other TripAdvisor comments about water being cloudy though - it's not. And the in-room telephone charges are a joke. Nightlife isn't a strong point either.
Overall, great resort for families. If you can afford it, go for it.
- Also Known As:
- Four Seasons Resort Maldives At Kuda Huraa Hotel
- 4 Seasons Resort Maldives At Kuda Huraa
- Four Seasons Resort Maldives At Kuda Huraa Hotel North Male Atoll
- Four Seasons Hotel Maldives
- Four Seasons North Male Atoll
- Four Seasons Maldives
- North Male Atoll Four Seasons
- Four Seasons Kuda Huraa
- Four Seasons Resort Maldives
- Four Seasons Resort Maldives At Kuda Huraa North Male Atoll
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover all the charm and intimacy of a traditional Maldivian village on this colourful garden island with pristine beaches and Tiffany-blue lagoon, just 25 minutes speedboat ride from Male' Airport. Sail to The Island Spa for natural treatments for men, women and children; or indulge in a lunar ritual on a starlit beach at The Night Spa. Explore up to 30 local dive sites with the PADI 5-Star IDC Centre. The Serenity Pool offers an atmospheric adults-only alternative to the main infinity pool while family activities include shark safaris, dolphin cruises and Robinson Crusoe adventures. Head to the Surf School to hang with the pros in some of the world’s most consistent and warmest swells. Take a dhoni to The Island Tennis Court or visit The Marine Discovery Centre to build your own coral reef and visit the baby turtles. Dining highlights include award-winning home-style Indian at Baraabaru and sophisticated oceanfront Italian at Reef Club.Kuda Huraa’s 96 thatched beach and water accommodations were each constructed by local craftsmen using indigenous materials and techniques to reflect a true sense of the Maldives. Beach Bungalows and Family Beach Bungalows have their own plunge pool in a private garden surround. Water Villas, some with plunge pools, entice with large sundecks and steps down into the lagoon, while the one- and two-bedroom Water Suites have a glass-walled pool and additional indoor and outdoor space for the ultimate in lagoon living. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Otel and Travelocity so you can book your Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Kuda Huraa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.