“I would give it ten stars if I could. An EXCEPTIONAL resort! I cried when I left.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Kuda Huraa

Bed & Breakfast Package!
Ranked #4 of 68 hotels in North Male Atoll
Downunder
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

The Maldivian Islands are blessed with an abundance of luxury resorts. For the uninitiated, it must be a daunting process trying to select the right hotel. Please stop your search, you need not look any further than the Four Seasons Kuda Huraa! We have just returned from the most magical 12 night stay, and I can honestly say that it is the best holiday I have ever had in my life.

I travel often for work and have a penchant for luxury hotels. I have high standards and confess that I am very fussy and easily angered by poor service. Without exception, every single staff member we encountered, from the groundsmen, to the housekeepers, to the pool staff was wonderful. We were always greeted with a genuine smile, and by day 4, everyone knew our names! We were travelling with a 13 year old and 8 year old, and our 8 year old just LOVED Kuda Mas, the childrens club. It was a struggle to get him to spend any time with us. We think he had a little crush on Mas, the lovely girl who worked there! Ha ha!

Nothing, and I mean nothing, was too much trouble for the staff. My husband and I wanted to dine a deux every few nights. My son is a VERY fussy eater and Kartuk, the amazing restaurant manager (who has just moved to FS Langkawi) talked to Toby and found out that he loved Lasagne (we should have called him Garfield) and therefore arranged on more than one occasion for the chef to specially make lasagne for Toby and have it delivered to our room so that we could indulge in our love of Indian cuisine! An amazing man, Kartuk. Kuda Huraa's loss will be langkawi's gain! We loved the Italian restaurant, and the setting, down by the water bungalows was breathtaking. It's great for lunch or dinner. We truly did not have a single medicore dining experience the entire time! Oh and how special is this???? I loved the self saucing chocolate pudding, and on the last day at breakfast, I was presented with 6 frozen chocolate puddings to take home as a momento. Just the most exceptional service!! Very scared to step on the scales in the morning!!!

I really enjoyed the spa and treated myself to a 3 day spa package. WOW. Most amazing spa I have ever visited. The treatment rooms are all individual bungalows over the water with a glass floor beneath you so you can watch the fish while you are being pampered....that's if you can keep your eyes open! I was in seventh heaven and floated back to my room after each treatment. I thoroughly recommend that you try the lava shell massage. Heaven on a stick!

Our room, a sunrise pool villa was immaculate. We all loved the outdoor shower and my son loved the big bathtub and spent at least an hour in there every evening. Very cute that they have children's amenities....bathrobes, kids shampoo etc....everyone feels special!

And the snorkelling, oh....so hard to describe and do justice in a review. The hotel has an enormous reef conservation project going on, and the snorkelling right outside our room was incredible. My daughter who is terrified of fish even came and was blown away. The coral, the colours of the fish, everything is stunning! Oh if you wade in directly in front of room 207 there is a slab of coral and on the right hand side is an anenome where 3 'Nemo's' live. We were all captivated by them and the children visited them daily! My best memory of the holiday was watching my youngest grow in confidence as he snorkelled, swimming like a fish and diving down to inspect things. Just magic. So many memories that will last a lifetime.

You will meet Das who works in the main bar near reception, an exceptionally beautiful human
being who we all just adored, Adam and Andrew in the Reef Club...just lovely. But it almost doesn't seem fair to single anyone out as, like I said, they were all amazing!!

Make sure you do the sunset dolphin cruise.

It really doesnt matter if you are old, young, on a honeymoon, travelling alone, are a family. Every walk of life is catered for at this breathtaking resort. I promise you wont regret booking this hotel. It is the most special little corner of paradise. I honestly cried my eyes out as the speedboat pulled away. We will be back. Next year, if I have my way!

Feel free to message me with any questions, I would love to hear from you!!!

Room Tip: Go for The sunrise side.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Kuda Huraa, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Thank you for writing such a detailed and fantastic review of our Team and Resort! So thrilled to hear that you and your family had an exceptional holiday with us.

I will take great pleasure in sharing your gracious comments with Mas, Kartik (we miss him and will forward your comments), Das, Adam, Andrew and with all of our team.

Once again, many thanks for taking the time and we hope to welcome you and your family back next year.

612 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

Service is the defining factor of this amazing resort, followed by family friendliness and lovely environs. First, weather. Our family of 3 kids aged 2 to 8 plus grandparents were at first apprehensive about going to the Maldives in the rainy season but it turned out just fine. In June the water is more choppy and the sky overcast but rain showers are short lived, the sun is still strong and the water still brilliant turquoise. In fact, the grandparents were grateful that it was not too hot and sunny, and photos came out better with some cloud cover. Second, FS kuda huraa is very child friendly. It was a quick speedboat ride rather than seaplane, kids were met with their own drinks, bags, and stuffed toy sea creatures were found all over the villa (family bungalow no 208). Kids under 6 ate for free and staff were extremely accommodating entertaining them at meals. Bungalow was provided with stroller (never used it, buggies can be ordered quickly), diapers, swimming diapers and 2 different types of kids toiletries by age! Kids can collect hermit crabs, see the turtle feedings and the dolphin excursion is a winner. Third, the sunrise beach bungalows are better for families. Water is so calm, villa comes with pool and the sea outside is like an aquarium. Just bring reef shoes because of the broken corals (tsunami) on beach. Fourth, Thanks to FS staff, esp the waiter who memorized our breakfast preferences and chefs who made dosas n sambal though not on the menu. There are apparently 400-500 staff serving on the resort so towels are rapidly changed, sand swept off decks, and ice water procured very regularly.

Room Tip: Sunrise bungalows for families
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
So happy to hear that you and your entire family had an amazing holiday.

We have always felt that the kids experience is an important part of a family vacation, and we thank you for your kind words regarding our staff and service.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family in the near future in one of our new Family Bungalows.

singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

It was our first trip to Maldives so we do not plan to speculate on it. We chose Four Seasons because of the reputation that comes with it.

We arrived in Male and were picked up by the Four Seasons Staff, escorted to the Shuttle Boat, and we took off to the property. The boat was comfortable and very clean and the staffs were friendly. On the way to the hotel, we saw some Dolphins too as a bonus! It was our lucky day!.

ON arrival at the hotel, the receptionist gave my daughter a backpack with art supplies and a t shirt inside. They also took the time to write a welcome note for her and attach it to the backpack.

We were given a bungalow and when we checked in, there was a Snack Tray with my daughter's name on it and a bottle of champagne too for the parents.

The room is spacious and has an outdoor shower too. Children get their own toiletries , robes and slippers.

Bose sound system and Nespresso machine including the capsules and sugar were provided as well as bottled water.

The staffs were very attentive and greet you by last name, and also know my daughter's name. When she had a coral incident at the beach , they quickly got the first aid kit and took care of her immediately, walked her back to the room and sat there until she calmed down. After a few hours, they checked back if she was fine already.

Mr. Peters and Fernandez were the ones that we always chatted during the stay and they always try to make sure you are well taken care of.

When you lounge around at the beach or pool, they brought frozen fruit pops and cool drinks constantly.

The only area of improvement I must say is the breakfast item which could have more variety. But other than that, it was an amazing experience provided by the staffs. Even my daughter could not stop saying that this is the best hotel we ever stayed at. Could not agree more. :))

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Kuda Huraa, responded to this review, June 29, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write and share your Four Seasons experience. So thrilled to hear that you and your daughter had an amazing holiday with us and those Dolphins are Four Seasons trained (not really:-)).

At the same time we are looking at how to expand our Breakfast buffet based on your comments, and thank you for sharing them.

We are very proud of our staff and I will take a great pleasure in sharing your nice comments with Peter, Fernandez and the team.

Look forward to welcoming you and your family back to your new 'home' in Maldives!

Milano, Italia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

Four Seasons Resort Kuda Huraa is probably the most beautiful hotel I have ever seen. Of course, a lot of that is due to the sheer beauty of the Maldives, but Four Seasons and its staff go out of their way to match the beauty of the place with an unforgettable service and attention to the individual guest. I could write a book about it, but the simple truth is that everything about our stay was perfect. I particularly recommend the moonlight dinner on the beach. Fantastic.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your nice note and you could not be more right about the natural beauty of the Maldives. Glad to know that you had a great holiday in our little piece of paradise in the Indian Ocean.

Look forward to welcoming you back to our island.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

This is our second trip here and we have stayed at the water villa and Beach Pavillion for this trip. Rooms were beyond expectations, clean & well-equipped with a Bose sound system, Nespresso machine, L'Occitane soaps & shampoos etc, etc. The service from all staff is just amazing, they seem to sense what you want/need and will go the extra distance to make things happen for you. On top of that, the resort has conservation efforts where they are planting coral reefs at the sea, which has grown since our last trip, making the house reef more colourful.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
NJ, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

Just returned from a Five Night stay, resort was BEYOND expectations, superior service, beautiful grounds ..it was magical. Well worth the travel time from the Eastern US. Only complaint is that we were on the sunrise side (IMO better side of the island )down towards the end. We really had a hard time getting any beach service at our end of the island.

Room Tip: Sunrise side Bungalows offer better snorkeling (right outside the room), and much calmer water
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Happy to hear that you enjoyed your vacation with us. Please accept my apologies for the lack of service you received on the beach. We do take your feedback seriously and I have personally addressed this issue with my team members for immediate improvement.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future and thank you for sharing your comments with us.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

This was simply an amazing 5 days for my entire family. Our three young boys had the best time with all the kids activities and all the staff took such good care of them. All of the restaurants were fantastic - we especially liked the Indian restaurant. The best part of this hotel is the fabulous service ... second to none.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Tuliohoch, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Kuda Huraa, responded to this review, June 10, 2012
Thrilled to hear that you and especially your young boys had a great time at our Resort.

I look forward to sharing your feedback to our team and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back to our Resort!

Tulio Hochkoeppler

Been to Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Kuda Huraa? Share your experiences!