Having returned from Reethi last week after spending 2 weeks there I have nothing but high praise for the island and staff. I picked this island mainly due to the amount of great reviews on here and I am glad I did. From the sea plane flight into the island to the sea plane journey to start the journey home I enjoyed every minute.
I had a lovely detached villa on the West of the island and there is no better feeling than looking out in the morning and seeing the sea around 20 steps away, and the inviting turquoise waters just make you want to jump straight in.
It truly is a barefoot island, the only time i had any footwear on was when I went out in to the sea so wore sea shoes because of the sharp coral.
I went for the first two weeks of December and the weather was perfect, it rained twice in two weeks but both times were in the night.
The food was very good, I stayed on a half board basis so used the buffet restaurant but with a different theme every night I was there I always found something lovely to eat, the waiters soon remember what you drink so you often find them arriving at your table straight away drink in hand.
I used the holiday prely for relaxing so did none of the excursions or tours but there were plenty to choose from if you wanted to. The staff are a credit to the island and do everything they can to make your stay a great one, I have to say a huge thankyou to Nic as she gave me so much help on the run up to the holiday and then was kind enough to lend me her lilo whilst I was there, and that gave me the opportunity to see so many of the amazing sea life around the reef.
Most visitors to the island seem to be repeat visitors and it is so easy to see why, I will hopefully become one of those repeaters as well as I definitely intend on going back there.
I could go on and on about the great qualities this island holds but the best way I can sum it up is that if you are considering this island then don't give it a second thought, just book it ;)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Reethi Beach is one of the most eco-friendly, Maldivian style, 4 star deluxe island resorts situated in Baa Atoll, the Maldives. Decorated with refined care, the villas, elegant and spacious, are enhanced by typical architecture of the Maldives and provide all comfort of modern life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Escapio, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Reethi Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Reethi Beach Hotel Baa Atoll
- Reethi Beach Maldives
- Hotel Reethi Beach
- Reethi Beach Resort Maldives/Baa Atoll