First off, I consider my lucky to have stayed at the Dusit Thani. Not that many Americans make this trip but it is really worth it and the Dusit Thani Maldives is an excellent choice. The resort is just beyond belief and so unlike anything you find in Hawaii or the Caribbean. The check-in after your boat or sea plane ride from the Male airport is perfect. No cars, no highways, just incredible heart felt hospitality. It is so worth the travel from the USA. I connected via Abu Dhabi had no problems. The food and style of this resort are unique in the Maldives. I had a lobster dish at the Thai restaurant that rivaled anything I had ate while traveling thru France. The accommodations are new and fresh. The outdoor style bathrooms are great. The spa treatments are first class in elevated cool calming oasis. We had a picnic on an uninhabited island nearby that will never be forgotten. I learned how to scuba dive for this trip and got my PADI certification several months before (be sure to get qualified to a 30m depth if you can). The house reef is fun and full of aquatic life. The whole dive staff just make it a true pleasure to be there - beginner like myself or expert. You will never forget any aspect of your experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dusit Thani Maldives blends graceful Thai hospitality with the unparalleled luxury setting of destination Maldives. Encircled by white sandy beaches, a rich house reef and turquoise lagoon, our resort on Mudhdhoo Island is just 35 minutes by seaplane from the capital Male and 10 minutes by speedboat from the new domestic airport in Baa Atoll.The 94 villas and residences each offer a haven of modern sophistication with luxurious amenities and technology. Our selection features Beach Villas, Beach Villas with Pool, Lagoon Villas with Pool, Ocean Villas with Pool, and the exclusive Ocean Pavilions and Beach Residences. All villas are finished with modern amenities including complimentary Wi-Fi, Internet Protocol TV with 46" plasma screen and Bose surround system, plus in-villa wine coolers.Dusit Thani Maldives fuses a fine selection of restaurants with uncompromising service and spectacular views. Market is the all-day dining restaurant. Enjoy our signature restaurant Benjarong for cuisine with Thai flavours. Dine at the Sea Grill restaurant for local seafood and the highest quality steaks in an exquisite beachside setting. Retreat from the midday heat to enjoy poolside snacks at Sand Bar. The Sala Bar is perfect for watching the sunset or star gazing.Elevated in a grove of coconut palm trees, Dusit's signature Devarana Spa is one of a kind in the Maldives. Devarana Spa features six tree-top treatment pods nestled in to enhance the spa journey.Located near Hanifaru Huraa, a UNESCO World Biosphere Reserve renowned as a feeding ground for manta rays and whale sharks, Dusit Thani Maldives offers guests diving; snorkelling; a 750 square metre swimming pool - the largest in the Maldives; fully-equipped fitness studio with personal trainer and yoga instructor; resident marine biologist; children's play area and club facility; library with internet stations; and island boutiques. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Dusit Thani Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dusit Thani Maldives Hotel Baa Atoll
- Dusit Thani Maldives Baa Atoll