In July 2012, my husband and I stayed at the Dusit Thani when it had recently been opened.We had an amazing holiday and were blown away by the resort and the staff.
We stayed in Villa 408 which had a plunge pool facing the beach, I highly recommend it over the villas with the plunge pool in the bathroom as the pool is bigger and its much nicer with the sea view.
We made use of all the facilities including the spa, tennis courts, bikes and Dive centre. The house reef was amazing, even though it was the monsoon season and visibilty was slightly reduced. We only saw a small portion of the reef (from the dive centre to Benjarong) as the currents were quite strong around the rest of the island but it was still breathtaking. There was so much sea-life and varied coral (didn't see any sharks though which was a bit disappointing). Maybe the currents wont be as strong in peak season. Being in the Baa atoll meant being close to Hanifaru bay, we didn't see any whale sharks but did see about 10-12 massive manta rays- truly awesome!
My husband and I were really impressed with the food and the chefs accommodated all our needs and went the extra mile to make mealtimes extra special. Many thanks to Prakash from the Sea Grill who very kindly gave me his secret recipe for indian fish curry.
Additionally, I'd like to give a special mention to Aisha , Fassi, Akram and Alam for going above and beyond their call of duty and exceeding our expectations.
I am sure the resort has only improved since we were last there, will hopefully have the chance to return in the near future to find out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dusit Thani Maldives blends graceful Thai hospitality with the unparalleled luxury setting of destination Maldives. Encircled by white sandy beaches, a rich house reef and turquoise lagoon, our resort on Mudhdhoo Island is just 35 minutes by seaplane from the capital Male and 10 minutes by speedboat from the new domestic airport in Baa Atoll.The 94 villas and residences each offer a haven of modern sophistication with luxurious amenities and technology. Our selection features Beach Villas, Beach Villas with Pool, Lagoon Villas with Pool, Ocean Villas with Pool, and the exclusive Ocean Pavilions and Beach Residences. All villas are finished with modern amenities including complimentary Wi-Fi, Internet Protocol TV with 46" plasma screen and Bose surround system, plus in-villa wine coolers.Dusit Thani Maldives fuses a fine selection of restaurants with uncompromising service and spectacular views. Market is the all-day dining restaurant. Enjoy our signature restaurant Benjarong for cuisine with Thai flavours. Dine at the Sea Grill restaurant for local seafood and the highest quality steaks in an exquisite beachside setting. Retreat from the midday heat to enjoy poolside snacks at Sand Bar. The Sala Bar is perfect for watching the sunset or star gazing.Elevated in a grove of coconut palm trees, Dusit's signature Devarana Spa is one of a kind in the Maldives. Devarana Spa features six tree-top treatment pods nestled in to enhance the spa journey.Located near Hanifaru Huraa, a UNESCO World Biosphere Reserve renowned as a feeding ground for manta rays and whale sharks, Dusit Thani Maldives offers guests diving; snorkelling; a 750 square metre swimming pool - the largest in the Maldives; fully-equipped fitness studio with personal trainer and yoga instructor; resident marine biologist; children's play area and club facility; library with internet stations; and island boutiques. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Dusit Thani Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dusit Thani Maldives Hotel Baa Atoll
- Dusit Thani Maldives Baa Atoll