We stayed in this hotel for our honeymoon (1 night @ Lagoon Villa & 3 nights @ Ocean Villa).
The house reef was great. We snorkeled everyday and saw many fishes, 1 Manta Ray and 1 Turtle @ the house reef.
The food were delicious, especially the breakfast buffet @ Market.
The fruit corner was quite impressive.
But the service was terrible.
- we asked him to arrange our honeymoon dinner and he forgot about it and asked when we would like to have our honeymoon dinner again on the next day
- we asked him to make a spa booking. There was no further update from him and I supposed this had been arranged. However, this was not the case. He didn't tell me that it's fully booked and I was on the waitlist UNTIL we asked.
- we needed to move to Ocean Villa on Day 2. And the butler was late and made us wait in the Lagoon Villa for ~45min and then waited in the Ocean Villa for another 30min for our lugguages. And we just wasted our time on waiting and could do nothing or go anywhere because everything was packed. Our day was ruined by such a poor arrangement
- we asked him what was the theme for the dinner buffet @ Market on Friday. He told us that it was Italian style and we booked it. However, we found that it should be Mediterranean style instead.
- When we went to Sea Grill to enjoy our honeymoon dinner, the waiter passed the menu to us. We asked if we could choose another dessert since we didn't like chocolate. The waiter said we could change BEFORE we came for dinner. However, nobody passed the menu to us prior to the dinner and how could we know & change it?
- worst experience was @ Benjarong. We found that there was some problem with one of our dishes and requested the waiter to replace it. And he just went away and ignored us. This made us very unhappy and could not believe this 1-star service would happen in such a luxury resort
There were nice staff in this resort but we experienced terrible service from others.
Unfortunately, our honeymoon was ruined by them.
Desmond - thanks for handling our complaint. We tried to enjoy our stay at the resort but the dining experience @ Benjarong on Day 4 was the worst experience I had in your resort which made us very disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dusit Thani Maldives blends graceful Thai hospitality with the unparalleled luxury setting of destination Maldives. Encircled by white sandy beaches, a rich house reef and turquoise lagoon, our resort on Mudhdhoo Island is just 35 minutes by seaplane from the capital Malé and 10 minutes by speedboat from the new domestic airport in Baa Atoll.The 100 villas and residences each offer a haven of modern sophistication with luxurious amenities and technology. Our selection features Beach Villas, Beach Villas with Pool, Lagoon Villas with Pool, Ocean Villas with Pool, and the exclusive Ocean Pavilions and Beach Residences. All villas are finished with modern amenities including complimentary Wi-Fi, Internet Protocol TV with 46" plasma screen and Bose surround system, plus in-villa wine coolers.Dusit Thani Maldives fuses a fine selection of restaurants with uncompromising service and spectacular views. Market is the all-day dining restaurant. Enjoy our signature restaurant Benjarong for cuisine with Thai flavours. Dine at the Sea Grill restaurant for local seafood and the highest quality steaks in an exquisite beachside setting. Retreat from the midday heat to enjoy poolside snacks at Sand Bar. The Sala Bar is perfect for watching the sunset or star gazing.Elevated in a grove of coconut palm trees, Dusit's signature Devarana Spa is one of a kind in the Maldives. Devarana Spa features six tree-top treatment pods nestled in to enhance the spa journey.Located near Hanifaru Huraa, a UNESCO World Biosphere Reserve renowned as a feeding ground for manta rays and whale sharks, Dusit Thani Maldives offers guests diving; snorkelling; a 750 square metre swimming pool – the largest in the Maldives; fully-equipped fitness studio with personal trainer and yoga instructor; resident marine biologist; children's play area and club facility; library with internet stations; and island boutiques. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Dusit Thani Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dusit Thani Maldives Hotel Baa Atoll
- Dusit Thani Maldives Baa Atoll