Me and My husband travelled to Lily Beach from New York. It was a long way to get there but once we arrived it was amazing. We went for 5 nights for our honeymoon. We broke trip in Dubai for a couple nights first so arriving in the Maldives was a nice relaxing break.
We stayed in an overwater Villa and it was beautifulllll. There is no need to ever leave unless it is to eat. The villa had a pool and direct access to the Indian Ocean. The honeymoon amenities we received were great. The staff at Lily Beach were amazing. Abdullah at Lily Maa (buffet style restaurant) remembered our names from the first meal we ate there. He was very accommodating and always made sure to take care of us. Ari at Spirits (the bar next to Lily Maa) was also Soo nice. He made whatever drink we asked, whether it was on or off the drink menu. These people work so hard to accommodate guests that they deserved to be tipped by every guest. They had fish feeding everynight at 9pm was really cool to see. We also did the snorkeling excursion which was awesome. This resort is awesome for honeymooners. Staying in the overwater villa we were secluded most of the time (which we liked because it was more romantic).
The only negative things we can say about Lily Beach is the lunch at Lily Maa could of been switched up a bit. And the other negative thing that really was upsetting was we were denied a complimentary late check out.
It was bad enough we had to leave the resort 8 hours prior to our flight out of Male (which isn't the resorts fault, the seaplanes do not fly past sun down) but we asked to stay in the room for an extra hour past checkout. When we asked the front desk people said they would ask management. The management said if we were willing to pay $50 cash per person then we could have the extra hour past checkout. I would understand if they couldn't give us the late check out due to other guests coming to check in and they needed to clean the villa but this was not the case since they were willing to give us the late checkout... As long as we paid extra money. For the price to stay at this resort It seemed as though they were a little stingy/greedy. We were only asked to stay 1 hour past checkout. I was very upset they said only if we paid. It really made our awesome honeymoon end with a sour taste. I cannot fault any of the workers or the resort because I know it was not up to them. Everyone working here was so nice and the resort is beautiful. But if you're looking for overly nice treatment from the management this is not the place.
This would probably be the only time for us to ever get to the Maldives since it is so far from the USA and we really had an amazing honeymoon trip until that little incident on the last day.
- Also Known As:
- Lily Beach Hotel South Ari Atoll
- Lily Beach Resort And Spa
- Lily Beach Hotel
- Lily Beach
- Lily Beach Resort All Inclusive
- Lily Beach Maldives
- Lily Beach Resort
- Lily Beach Resort & Spa Maldives/South Ari Atoll
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ---UNDERGOING UPGRADES--- In the deep blue sea of the Indian Ocean, among the scattered small Islands known as the Garland of Flowers (Maldive Islands) of indescribable nature, Lily Beach Resort is the island - Huvahendhoo at the South East Ari-Atoll. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Otel and HotelsClick so you can book your Lily Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.