My spouse and I have just returned from our wonderful and unique holidays on Vakarufalhi Island Resort. The Island itself is rather small and gives a lovely and intimate feeling. We have chosen it because we wanted a complete relaxation for one week somewhere quite personal and without children. We also wanted a good standard of luxury accommodation but still with a "desert island" feeling. Vakarufalhi fitted everything perfectly.
25 Water Villas and about 50 Beach Bungalows are nicely placed on the lagoon and along the Beach respectively. There is a restaurant, a bar, a spa and a dive center. The house reef at the Island has some of the best snorkeling in the Maldives. Every day we saw sharks, several turtles, morays and hundreds of other colored fish as well as octopus.
The guests are from all over the world, mostly Europeans and some Asians. The staff is mainly Maldivian or Sri Lankan, managed by a German GM.
We stayed in one of the water villas which are very large, perfectly equipped and lovely decorated! The rooms were cleaned several times a day and the standard was excellent. A huge Terrace with steps led directly into the sea where snorkeling could start.
Every member of staff was friendly and courteous and they were genuinely interested in you and ensuring that you had a perfect stay with them. Nothing was too much trouble. From the moment we arrived to the moment we left the staff could not have done any more for us!
All of the catering and hotel staff was fantastic and the food was first class too. The only complaint we have is that the food for our taste was a little bit too much Italian style (managed by an Italian chef). Perfect in taste and quality but we would have preferred some more local (Maldivian, Sri Lankan, Indian) Food. The standard of cooking and hygiene was at first rate.
Special to all the staff members at the resort who was unbelievably helpful and ensured that our stay was just perfect. There are too many staff to mention but it applies to the GM of the island, the cooks, the servants in the Restaurant, to the "Beach cleaners”, etc.
I would say to anyone thinking of booking Vakarufalhi just go ahead! We actually enjoyed Vakarufalhi more than all the Islands (12 in numbers) we have visited before. It is a perfect holiday destination away from all the hectic and stresses in Europe. We definitely intend to go back! Can’t recommend Vakarufalhi highly enough, don’t worry about the cost, just go!
- Also Known As:
- Vakarufalhi Island Hotel South Ari Atoll
- Vakarufalhi Island Hotel
- Hotel Vakarufalhi Island
- Vakarufalhi Island Resort Maldives/South Ari Atoll
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vakarufalhi Island Resort, tucked away in the remote corner of South Ari atoll, 90km away from the airport, Vakarufalhi is among the pearls that make up the amazing Maldives Islands.Vakarufalhi, better known as Vakaru is a tropical island enhanced by swaying coconut palms and white sandy beaches. Surrounding the island is a pristine lagoon enriched by a stunningly beautiful living house reef. These features combined with traditional Maldivian building concepts, makes Vakarufalhi a haven of nature and tranquility. Almost a quarter of a square kilometer of land area with 50 sea front Beach Villas spread evenly around the island and 25 Water Villas creates an atmosphere which rejuvenates your body and mind. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your Vakarufalhi Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.