“Worn-out Room, Delish Food” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Redang Lagoon

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kuala Terengganu
Redang Lagoon
Lot No 30455 | Kg. Pusu Tiga, Jalan Gong Badak, Kuala Terengganu, Malaysia   |
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Worn-out Room, Delish Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

My husband and I went there on early April 2012. The Lady Owner greeted me and husband at the reception counter. She was not much of a help as we are locals, because we saw how different she acted around foreigners. Typical!
Kind of shocked at first when we walked into our room. It was small and worn-out. But somehow, until the second day, I managed to adjust myself. I must point out that the wall was very thin. We can hear people next door conversed and even farted. Believe it!

The food was delicious, but it is only Malay food they served everyday. I believe for foreigners, they not have much of a choice.

There is only 1 TV area (no TV in room) next to the dining hall. So, it was a little bit boring especially at night because we have nothing else to do.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

41 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Indonesian first
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2011

At check-in we found out that the 10-minute boat trip for the airport was not included in the price (only a much longer trip from the mainland was!) and we had to pay 100RM each way! Went to our room to find it was full of rubbish and had to go back to get another clean one. Poor food too. Good location, but all other resorts seemed to have a bar and spa except for this one.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011 via mobile

We stayed only one night because we arrived one day before our reservation in another resort.
We found the room very basic, bathroom was terrible. The location is very nice and the staff is kindly but this is the only good thing. I hope they will renew the place as soon as possible. Prices are low but if you search for confort and cleaness please choose another place.
We are used to travel a lot also with low budget but this place is under the limit.

• Stayed August 2011
Kuala Lumpur
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

Stayed here last week (25th to 27th May) for 3d 2n. I found it very incredible for its cleanliness of the room & the beach stretch. The crystal clear water is stunning during the day!
Food wise is very good even it served in limited serving. Fried fish was so crispy & sweet! BBQ dinner for our last night there. 3x of snorkeling trips was so wonderful. My kids really enjoyed it though my eldest was a bit scared but they can swim & snorkel safely with the guide around them. Thanks to Man & Yo :)
The room is so cosy. My hubby & kids had a good sleep. Well maintain by Uncle Haris & his wife. I am so proud of them coz this is the one & only Muslim resort there I guess. They even have "qiblat" shown on the ceiling.
I will definitely come back here soon & now busy recommending friends about this cool place :) I really missed Redang Lagoon!

Room Tip: Quad room for 4 pax is great :)
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2011

Me and my friends were contemplating on where to go for our holidays... decided to follow another friend who had booked at Redang lagoon last minute. Good thing we went on a weekday, they still can accomodate the 5 of us!

3 days 2 nights for triple sharing is RM 300 and double sharing is RM 320. You get a clean, air-conditioned room with attached bathroom. 3 x snorkeling, breakfast, lunch, dinner and tea is provided daily as well. You can rent the snorkeling equipments at the resort for RM 10, and another RM 10 for the life jacket. Oh, yes and the ferry from KT (shah bandar jetty) to Redang is also inclusive of the price.

The guides there are quite friendly I must say. They'd be more than happy to chat and hang out with customers, even with their limited english. They were extremely helpful during my stay with my friends, and we had tons of fun during our trips with the guides!

Food that was served was so-so, there will be no refill for the food, but for drinks its available throughout the day. Do take note that for the BBQ dinner, you'd have to grill the food yourselves. They do have fried rice, coleslaw, and fried noodle apart from the grilled fish, chicken and beef satay. Me and my friends were glad we ate elsewhere first before the bbq, coz there was quite a few customers, and there were only 2 bbq pits usable instead of 4. We had to wait til there were space for us to cook our food basically.

Apart from that, we had a truly brilliant stay :) Its basically the only place you can chill and relax. The other resorts would have karaoke, disco and so on til late at night. Redang Lagoon has no such thing, thus its the quietest place you can find along the beach at night. Also, its run by a Muslim couple, thus no alcohol is served. But you can always go to the bar next door, or buy beer at the convenience shop nearby. They don't mind the customers having alcohol, its just that they don't serve it there at the resort.

Also there are no diving trips offered, only snorkeling trips. So you'd have to either go next door to pelangi or beach resort for diving trips.

The beach is simply stunning. Compared to the beach at redang beach and laguna resort, the stretch of beach along Redang Lagoon has no dead corals along the beach and its clean. The water is still clear blue and you can see some fishes near the beach.

So, if you're on a budget, and has no qualm about food, I'd highly recommend this place. :)

they have a website as well and you can check out the rates there @ www.redanglagoon.com

I'm most definitely going back there soon!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Redang Lagoon? Share your experiences!