Recently i did stayed at this resort for 5 days for a training. At first i thought everything will be nice as it is rated as 5 stars and i saw quite few good reviews at Trip Advisor (TA). However it turned out to be the other way round. Below are my experiences/comments during my stay at this resort.
1. Need to have better access to the lobby area especially for old folks, handicapped person and also guest with lots of luggage as there is only staircase available.
2. Once i check-in, i was welcomed with smelly socks which were left in my room. Although i already informed the housekeeping service there's no one clear it until i personally called the housekeeper & asked her to pick the socks in front of me.
3. Hotel facilities need to be well maintained - my room air conditioner was leaked almost everyday which caused small flood in my room, few blinds already broken and people can see you from outside when you switch on the lights, thankfully i have a friend who stayed at the same hotel and ended up i stayed with her every night. It was quite hard for me to simply change the room as its claimed as fully booked by the reservation. Most of the restrooms i entered smelled like urine and i already highlighted to the staff, but nothing has been done.
4. Upgrading project is ongoing - there was an upgrading activities ongoing which i believe for Monsoon Cup. The common area was dirty and the contractors were disturbing us which caused uneasiness to us to stay and walk around at this hotel
5. Service & Management - This resort need to send their staffs for a training so they can improve their below than average service.
6. Food & Beverages - Same food every alternate days (breakfast), to have wide variety of menus. Besides that, during our training, we were provided with complimentary mineral water, however, almost each and every we request additional mineral water the staff refused to give it. Once i saw few staff tried to hide a box of mineral water under covered table in order to avoid us to have. How come so called 5 stars hotel/resort do this??
7. Laundry - although i request for express laundry, my laundry still not received at the same day as stated in the laundry form. This resort need to understand and learn terms for every services they offered or else many misunderstanding which can leads to bad review to this resort
- Also Known As:
- Ri-Yaz Heritage Resort And Hotel Kuala Terengganu
- Ri-Yaz Heritage Resort And Hotel
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Travelocity, Booking.com, Tingo, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Ri-Yaz Heritage Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.