Stayed at this resort for 10 nights on a full board basis (excludes all drinks except water and tea/coffee) as part of our honeymoon.
The resort is extremely relaxing and tranquil and you do feel that you are very secluded from the rest of the world here.
We stayed in a ground floor Serembi room which was very spacious and clean. We had our own large private balcony (you do not get this with a top floor Bumbung room) over looking the private beach and sea which was superb to wake up to each morning.
Both the beach and the two pool areas were very clean and towels and fresh ice water were provided each day. Water was topped up throughout the day.
The resort became busier throughout our stay however regardless of this if you were situated at the pool or on the beach you never felt crowded.
Staff across the whole resort were extremely friendly and couldn't do enough for you.
We ate at both the Nelayan (serving western food) and Di Atas Sungei (serving Asian food) and both were fantastic. The food was superb and in particular the Di Atas Sungei with chef Anne's help we worked our way through the menu and had a few additional off the menu dishes so didn't ever get bored with the food.
Chef Anne herself is a very bubbly character and always made the dinning experience at the Di Atas Sungei very enjoyable.
The resort has many activities for guest to experience and we took part in the jungle & waterfall trek and the snorkelling at Tenggol Island. Both were very enjoyable and led by very knowledgeable and interesting characters.
The snorkelling was superb as Tenggol Island is a marine park and has a large coral reef which means you will see loads of different varieties of fish all different shapes and colours.
The trek is not to be undertaken by the faint hearted as the terrain is challenging.
Our package also included a daily spa treatment at the resorts Spa Village which were always very relaxing and well worth a visit.
The downsides to the resort are:
- Drinks were expensive - £5 for a beer and £7 for a glass of wine!
- The stagnant water around the Asian restaurant and towards some of the rooms - this should be redeveloped & made in to a flowing water feature which would make this part of the resort much more appealing to the eye and reduce the mosquitos and smell around the stagnant water.
- Wifi - whilst wifi is available in certain areas of the hotel the signal strength should be improved as it's very slow.
Overall the resort is fantastic and is perfect for a secluded getaway where you quickly relax and unwind.
Would recommend visiting without hesitation.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelClick, Agoda, AsiaRooms, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Cheap Tickets, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Tanjong Jara Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tanjong Jara Hotel Dungun
- Tanjong Jara Dungun
- Tanjong Jara Resort Dungun, Terengganu, Malaysia