“Up grading still required” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Villa Hotel & Suites Subang

You added Holiday Villa Hotel & Suites Subang to your Saves list
Holiday Villa Hotel & Suites Subang
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9, Jalan SS 12/1 | Selangor Darul Ehsan, Subang Jaya 47500, Malaysia   |
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Subang Jaya
Vienna, Austria
“Up grading still required”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

Stay here 12 weeks a year as close to my Company and just returned home after latest stint.

The rooms are a bit hit and miss. This last trip I stayed on the 16th Floor. The bathroom needs complete renovation. Dark and dingy with no shaving mirror. The shower was very grubby. The actual room was carpeted and not particularly clean. Some days you are left a hand towel, but not every day ?

The TV system is a disaster with limited choice and very bad picture on some channels. Why this hotel does not offer premium up-graded sports and entertainment packages (at extra cost), I do not know. They used to offer CNN, but no longer. Do not take the breakfast as expensive for what it is and the quality is not 4 star.

M room had ants and mosquitoes, which given the Dengue Fever situation in Subang Jaya now, is very dangerous indeed. The mozzies probably enter the room during cleaning process.

he Wifi is also a disaster with a new password required every two or three days! Why???

The Air-con was excellent and staff have certainly improved over the past 4 years. I think I will try the Dorsett Hotel on my next trip as the price differential is now non-existent and this is for sure a better hotel for a long term stay.

All in all a budget quality experience at a high price!

Room Tip: Ask for upper floor in Tower block
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
HV_PR_Manager, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Villa Hotel & Suites Subang, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Greetings from Holiday Villa Hotel & Suites Subang!

We sincerely apologise for the conditions of the room and our in room facilities. Please be assured that we deem your comments as serious matter. On the same note, we would like to notify you personally that we have engaged a new established pest control agent to rectify pest issues in this hotel, additionally we have closed-out this room for further treatment.

Please be assured that we deem your comments as serious matter. Measures are being taken to ensure that such problems do not recur in the future.

We hope that you will not judge the standard of the hotel on this single experience and allow it to deter you from patronising the hotel in the future. Please do email us at pr@holidayvillasubang.com.my for any other queries.

Thank you again for your valuable feedback and look forward to welcoming you at Holiday Villa Hotel & Suites, Subang.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

This is a good functional hotel with large grounds, nice lake side view. I used this hotel because it was close to where I needed to go for meetings. I was happy that it saved me 4-minutes of driving time from downtown. The rooms are large though very spartan. My room was clean the Air-con was good. The breakfast buffet is a bit underwhelming, the staff were very friendly and very helpful that's always good. No overnight laundry, as a business travel this one service that I use.
Many good restaurants within walking distance.

Over all a good "Ok."

Room Tip: Allow extra time for a taxi, call to the front desk in advance it can take 10-15 minutes for them to...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Greetings from Holiday Villa Hotel & Suites Subang!

We are glad to learn that overall you were satisfied with our services and facilities during your stay at Holiday Villa Hotel & Suites, Subang. Your encouraging feedback has certainly motivated us to provide an even higher level of services.

Calcutta, West Bengal, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

Excellent hotel with all 5 star service and facitilies. Friendly Staff and very good service. Best place to relax and enjoy all hotel facilities. Nice gym, large Pool, snooker, bowling, lovely Pub and lovely breakfast. Good WIFI spead. great view from hotel. Very comfortable beds, large rooms with bath tub and all 5 star features. They have free shuttle for the malls. Place looks lovely in the evening.

Bad things: I found small ants in the room at many places.

Location is little far from city but you can take a taxi and pay 10 rm for the following places...sunway piramid, sunway lagoon, bangsar night life, carefour and little far from subhang airport and mid valley mall...Will stay again... Thumbs up!

Room Tip: Higher Floors and Lake Side View
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
HV_PR_Manager, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Villa Hotel & Suites Subang, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Dear SamWrld,

Kelowna, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Holiday Villa for 3 nights while my husband was getting surgery at a nearby medical centre. We booked this hotel based on the close location to the hospital so I could taxi easily back and forth.

When we arrived, they told us they were upgrading us to a suite free of charge as it was Valentines Day. The suite ended up being a smoking room, and quite old. It seems as though this hotel is currently undergoing renovations, and this room certainly hadn't been completed yet. The tiled floor in the bathroom was wet in the centre of the floor almost the entire time we were there (from the bidet hose) there were wires sticking out of the tiled walls for the hair dryer, the shower barely got warm until we realized on day 3 that the tap was stuck, (which we eventually got free) the toilet ran for several minutes after flushing, there were multiple stains on the carpet, and the WiFi connection was terrible.

Typically we could handle some of these inconveniences; however, being that my husband was spending a night post op in this room, and that we had booked a non smoking room online, being upgraded to a dirty, smoking room was not ideal. The lack of consistent WiFi was also frustrating for trying to update family overseas about my husbands medical status.

We tried one of the restaurants on the first night which was overpriced and we were very underwelmed. We also used the breakfast order card service the morning of check out. We asked for breakfast to be brought at 9 but had to phone and ask by 9:15 and re order as they never did come by the room to collect the order card. This was also additionally frustrating as my husband needed to take post op medication with food which we had to wait on. They did phone our room to apologize for this and brought us a fruit juice free of charge.

My final complaint is the hotel shuttle service which they encourage you to take before offering to order a taxi for you. This service is extremely overpriced, so my advice is to avoid that as best as you can.

The positives (yes, there were a few):
- the pool area was nice, and the grounds were well kept
- the bell hop service was great. Our bell hop was very friendly and we enjoyed this service a lot
- the Winter Olympics were on in the lounge! This was the only t.v. we found anywhere in the KL area that was playing any Olympic coverage, which for us Canadians, was very exciting!
- the large windows and the view from our room was lovely

Overall, we felt as though we were paying only for the short taxi ride to Sunway, and for the stunning lobby. This hotel certainly put a lot into outside appearances which only made the oversized, older rooms less impressive.

• Stayed February 2014
Dear Mike_Amanda2014,

Greetings from Holiday Villa Hotel & Suites Subang!

Thank you for taking time to communicate to us why our services did not meet your expectations. We have taken note of your comments and will take the necessary steps to improve.

Please accept our sincerest apology for any trouble or inconvenience we have caused to you during your recent event. In addition, we will further evaluate how we can prevent this problem from occurring again in the future.

It's our goal to retain you as a satisfied customer and will hope to serve you again in the near future. Your feedback has certainly motivated us to provide an even higher level of services.

Once again thank you for your valuable feedback and look forward to welcoming you at Holiday Villa Hotel & Suites, Subang again.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

Drawback:
- not clean enough
- the air-conditional keep on noisy all day all night
- Staff was not helpful enough (but not consider bad)
- Hotel car park in bad condition (Dark, dirty, not feeling safe)

Good about it:
- Price reasonably which come with breakfast for 2
- The hotel room was large than enough, have lots of space

Experience:
Have bad experience for payment issue. Had booked online and had been charged by credit card. But they charge me again when I checked out stated will cancel the first payment which occur via internet.

After few week, I found they charge me twice and call them for this issue. The staff not knowledgeable on issue, there is no one can address to me in this situation. After all they called me and stated understanding on this issue and will refund in short while (weeks).
I pay my patient, wait for it for 2 weeks as they said they need 7 working days.

Guess what? After 7 working day I didn't received my refund from their site!
Soon again I call the hotel (for n times) and finally there is someone who in charge mention they misunderstood for my issue and will refund to me in 7 working days as well.

The story ends with I get my refund is next days after the call. I was extremely not satisfy with the situation where the hotel double charged me, and I have to call the hotel a several times to get the things done. The situation is worst when there is actually no one can assist me in this issue, no one who going to follow up in this case let me know the progress on it.

I feel disappointed with this hotel after services.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
HV_PR_Manager, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Villa Hotel & Suites Subang, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Dear Tobypoh,

We are most concerned to learn of the setbacks that you had encountered during your recent experience at our hotel. We appreciate your valuable comments that you had highlighted and we sincerely apologise for failing to meet your expectations.

It is our goal to retain you as a satisfied guest and we will continue with our efforts to train and guide our staff and deliver a higher level of services. We hope that you will not judge the standard of the hotel on this single experience and allow it to deter you from patronising the hotel in the future. May we humbly request that you give us another opportunity to demonstrate to you the standard which you have the right as our valued guest.

Looking forward welcoming you at Holiday Villa Hotel & Suites Subang.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

worst hotel I ever check in... not advise ... I hate this hotel... rooom tooo old... termite... staff unfriendly and make thing worst roo. With 2 bed but only allowed 1 person for breakfast even though during check in said 2 persob...

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
HV_PR_Manager, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Villa Hotel & Suites Subang, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Dear Mr. Mohamad,

We are most concerned to learn of the setbacks that you had encountered during your stay at Holiday Villa Hotel & Suites Subang recently.

We understood your situation well and we sincerely apologize for failing to meet your expectations. Rest assured that we deem your comments as serious matter and they were immediately highlighted to the attention of the relevant department heads for further improvements. Measures are being taken to ensure that such problems do not recur in the future.

We also would like to highlight that we will be undergoing second phase renovation programme to upgrade our rooms and facilities. It is our goal to retain you as a satisfied guest and we will continue with our efforts to train and guide our staff and deliver a higher level of services.

We also like to have opportunity of welcoming you back to our hotel and to serve you with our finest hospitality.

Penang Island, Malaysia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

The rooms are huge ! No time to try the pool but it looked tempting !

Personally I feel the room rates are overpriced for this type of accomodation

Breakfast for 1 person only ? what the heck ?

Had to walk for 100 meters to my room , damn far with my arthritis problem !

avoid this hotel at all costs unless deemed necessary !

Room Tip: Check whether they give you 2 breakfasts to a room before you decide on the room !
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
HV_PR_Manager, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Villa Hotel & Suites Subang, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Dear Tan H,

Thank you for your comments.

We regret to learn that we did not meet your expectations. We have taken note of your comments and will take the necessary steps to improve. Your feedback has certainly motivated us to provide an even higher level of services.

Been to Holiday Villa Hotel & Suites Subang? Share your experiences!