“Nice and Cozy Hotel in Shah Alam” 5 of 5 stars
Review of De Palma Hotel Shah Alam

You added De Palma Hotel Shah Alam to your Saves list
De Palma Hotel Shah Alam
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Nelayan 19/15, Seksyen 19 | P.O. Box 7511, Shah Alam 40718, Malaysia (Formerly De Palma Inn Shah Alam)   |
Ranked #17 of 18 Hotels in Shah Alam
Bogor, Indonesia
“Nice and Cozy Hotel in Shah Alam”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

When I went to Shah Alam for study purpose, I stayed for 6 nights on this hotel. Despite of its old-fashioned furniture in bedroom and found few small cockroaches, I liked there. Good swimming pool, nice cuisine, and more of that, nice employees and also their manager. I also loved this hotel because it near food stall corner that sold local cuisine and therefore I could choose whether I ate in hotel or on food stall. It also near local hospital that had good medical facility and grocery store. I admitted that it far from train station, but I like to stay there.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I went to the hotel 3 months ago when I went to visit my doctor nearby and now I just drop by to visit the place to see any changes. Yes the place look good, the restaurant looks much more organised and they have a new Corner INDIAN FOOD . I tasted my favourite TEH TARIK and now they served in different large cups rather than glass mug. They lobby looks much larger and well arrange, Their children swimming pool was open with 3 small kids swimming and mother attending to them, the Resident Manager walked and invited me to view the kitchen..It was Clean and Neat. After viewing the hotel I will make my next seminar at this hotel. Has improved in Quality and Service.

Room Tip: Banquet Ballroom without pillars and only one floor up separate from Hotel Rooms, parking good.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

Everything is good and average.. Well what can i expect more.. Its an old hotel but the service n facilities is still good.. I dont recommend the room buy their hall can say its very big... They have a lot of parking space.. And on friday they have pasar malam behind..

• Stayed October 2012
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Cheers guys!!
If not because of my company having meeting in this hotel I will never ever even looked at this place. Room too small for two person and worst still the shower room extremely inconvenience for a big bulky size body.
Upon checked in, found the window sills locked broken and have to called to fix. Why not fix before we checked in?? Not a safe place to stay I guess! Both my pillow have dirt stains and it was so obvious. My roommate have to buy extra towel from nearby shop to cover the stains pillow and sleep on. TV channel not clear and we couldn't bother to watch TV anymore. Carpet in the room looked dull and dirty. The light in the room not bright enough to do our homework. The two single bed in the room very small space to walked thru. Found hanging wire and open cracked aircond controller on the wall. The hallway carpet faulty smells. Overall, the room and hotel are all run down and very dirty too.
The foods in the restaurant not so much choices for me and my roommate as we not a big fan of hot & spicy foods. So we decided to go outside nearby cafe for chinese foods. From this hotel to Sunway Pyramid mall took about 15 - 20mins taxi approximately RM20. Please make sure the taxi is on meter.
I would not recommend anybody to stay in this hotel. Your call to try it out!
I do have few pictures but I choose not to post them here.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Kuala Lumpur
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

paid almost Rm300 for small room.if not my mistake they call deluxe room. moderate breakfast, no free newspaper for this exspensive room. if all this continued no reason to me to be return guest or suggest to others. the location also not so strategic hope the management reduce the rates as many budget hotel nearby

Room Tip: maybe you need to take look the room first before check in
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Pasir Ris, null, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I booked 3 superior rooms for 3 days 2 nites as I need to attend a family wedding. All the rooms are of different sizes even though we pay the same amount. Reception staff gave a good service as we manage to check-in early. This Hotel use to be an Inn before they acquire extra space for expansion. The rooms are all run down and very dirty. We can see some wire loosely hanging out from the socket. Very dangerous indeed! The heater in one of the room is not working. Called the technician but nobody came. The housekeeper keep on running around when we call her. Probably scared to run errands. I got a room on 2nd floor near the kitchen and it was very noisy till almost midnight before we can sleep peacefully. There's 2 single bed in the room and very small space just enough to walk. Really cater to 2 person only in a room only. The lobby area is large and located in a different area from the hotel room. The swimming pool is small. There is a 24hrs hospital just next to the hotel. No problem with finding for food as there are a number of shops and restaurants surrounding the hotel. There's also the weekend market behind the hotel every Saturday. All the seller use the hotel parking lot to park their cars and this leave us no space for the hotel guests when we came back during the evening. Breakfast is good and sufficient - taste just like home cook meal. This hotel really caters for wedding banquet as there was a wedding when we stayed there. I would not recommend family to stay here.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

Since I just wanted to stay for one night and this hotel was near my company's Shah Alam branch, I decided to give this hotel a try. Sadly it didn't meet my expectation for a hotel standard.
The furniture was dated, the TV was blurry and didn't have ASTRO channels even though the ASTRO booklet was placed on the bedside table, the hot-water shower's temperature could not be controlled (too hot), the telephone was not working (for me to call the receptionist), there's no bathroom mat and the air-cond was noisy and was not cool. I didn't have a good night's sleep at all.
As a frequent traveller to Petaling Jaya and Shah Alam due to work, I had stayed in various budget hotels which had better facilities for cheaper price.
Only the reception staff was friendly.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to De Palma Hotel Shah Alam? Share your experiences!