“Great service in a relaxing environment” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Club Saujana Resort

You added The Club Saujana Resort to your Saves list
The Club Saujana Resort
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Jalan Lapangan Terbang Saas, Shah Alam 40150, Malaysia   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Shah Alam
Hong Kong, China
“Great service in a relaxing environment”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

We had a lovely stay at The Club Saujana made extra special by the staff. They went out of their way to make our stay as smooth as possible - and were very kind to our two children. The hotel is situated by a golf course and lake, which is a fantastic environment for city property. We were also able to use its sister property's facilities (which had a playground and water slide) - allowing us to stay in a boutique hotel with more facilities.
Whilst the property was a little tired in some places - the lift broke down twice and the safe was a little finicky - we found the rooms more than adequate both in size and in facilities. We would definitely consider returning.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I stayed one night here, wish I could have stayed longer. Very nice rooms, good service but best of all a very quite and relaxing environment, I could hear birds in the morning and no traffic or even people. Nice grounds also.
One of the clearest pools I have ever been in, very clean gardens also.
The location seems a little remote but been quite is a result of this although someone was mowing the lawn at 6am which would have been annoying if I wasn't up already.
A hint for management would be to put service numbers on your phones and don't freeze you fruit that goes into the rooms, otherwise well done, a very nice Hotel. I would recommend you stay here.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I stayed at the Club Saujana for business in June. When I checked out, they insisted on charging me an extra night's stay as they claimed they had to reserve a room for me due to my early flight that required an early check-in. That is the first time I have ever heard of a hotel charging their guest for reserving a room for them in advance. When I demanded to have the extra night charge removed (as I had checked-in after 4 pm on my day of arrival, why did I need a room reserved the night before?), the sales manager offered me 2 nights' free accommodation as compensation. So I thought, well, why not? The facilities at the hotel were great. When I arranged for the free accommodation, the sales manager took a very long time to respond and asked me to send him an email requesting a site visit. I found that dodgy but did it anyway. When I arrived with my partner, we were subject to endless humiliating shifts in our schedule (golf and spa pre-arrangements were messed up) and we felt as though we were being pushed around and treated like beggars. When I complained to the new Asst GM, the sales manager actually called me after that and demanded to know why I complained and said he was going to get fired because of me. I was mortified at how unprofessional and ridiculous these accusations were. The straw that finally broke the camel's back was when I received an email from the sales manager 3 weeks later, saying that I had to pay for the resort's special laundry charges for the room, and that amounted to almost RM400+. How crazy is that? I was livid and still am. I feel there is something very dishonest and dodgy about this resort despite its beautiful exterior. I would never go back and would not recommend this place. Something is not right with its management and I suggest the owner of the resort needs to properly investigate the conduct of the sales manager.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
BelindaLeong, Executive Assistant Manager at The Club Saujana Resort, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on your recent stay with us.

On the first claim, the hotel did not wrongfully charge you an extra night. The local office booked you in an extra night due to your early flight arrival which was scheduled at 0805hrs. This is not what you claimed as “dodgy” as this procedure is followed consistently in all hotels when there is an early arrival. This is to ensure that there is a room guaranteed for you to check in when you arrive.

However, your plan to arrive after 4pm was not clearly communicated to the local office nor the hotel prior to your actual day of arrival, hence, the sales manager did offer to make it right with complimentary two nights on your subsequent visit.

I am sorry to learn that your spa and golf arrangements were not up to your expectations; nevertheless, I am made to understand that there were adjustments duly made.
It appears that there was clearly a gap in the communications flow and this was being followed up by respective sales person.

On the claim of the special laundry charges, any irremovable stains from soiled or damaged bed linens, be it mattress or sheets will be incurred/charged to guest as it is considered items damaged. These items cannot be reused for sanitation and hygiene reasons; therefore they have been disposed of. This in our view is not unreasonable due to the condition the items were left in.

Your further claim on “there’s something very dishonest and dodgy about this resort”, is defamatory and untrue.

On behalf of the entire team I regret that your stay was less than satisfactory but evidently, your insinuation on the resort’s image as “dishonest and dodgy” is clearly inappropriate as all points raised by you have been answered in detail with facts and explanation.

We thank you very much for highlighting the issues to our attention.
dubai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We had not stayed here since 2008 when I believe the rennovation of the Club Wing was completed. We had been regular customers of the hotel since 1996 when it was then a Hyatt.
We always enjoyed staying although the accommodation was beginning to look pretty tired at one stage. But now.....what a transformation! Although already a few years old this was our first experience of the new wing.

We opted for pool facing ground floor rooms which was a great decision as you could just open the shutter doors and walk a few meters to the poolside. A beautiful pool which was never crowded and built towards the jungle area of the grounds so extremely relaxing.

The design is very well done and rooms are comfortable and well maintained.

The Club lounge is a "Haven" and both breakfast and cocktail service in the evening is a pleasure to experience. Freshly cooked eggs and smling faces from very well groomed and polite employees who were always on hand to extend a warm welcome.

Whilst the hotel is a little out of town we found it ideal for our purposes as we were also travelling on to Thailand and flights leave from Subang Airport, the old international airport, which is less than 10 minutes away. It was a great choice especially when you see the morning and evening traffic in and out of the city! Plus if you are a golfer the Saujana Country Club is a stones throw away and has to be one of the top courses in Malaysia.

All in all a really good stay and a big thank you to everyone there for making us all feel so welcome. We will definitely be going back soon.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms facing the pool!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I stayed with my family just one night in June as an overnight break before we flew from Subang airport the next day. The staff were very welcoming and the rooms were excellently furnished and comfortable. Only two minor annoyances were a broken tap in one room's shower which leaked all night (it was pretty late we were all exhausted from our flight and we really did not want to hang around waiting up for someone to fix it) and apparent confusion about our accommodation voucher (we had already paid for the accommodation and were asked to pay again!). I would have liked to have had a bit more of a look around the place as it seems huge but that was all the time we had. It is very close to Subang airport, literally just a few minutes drive.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

My hubby & I just had an amazing & relaxing weekend breakaway at the resort.

To begin with, the front desk & lounge service is close to excellent. Our Club room is the best part of our stay as it has an awesomely modern design which is for sure to WOW the guests. I must admit we love the shower & bathtub a lot! Cleanliness & room service is almost excellent too!

Well, some comments here however. The TV & player in room require some advancement in technology. There are not many DVDs choices for rental & some are bad quality VCDs.

Last but not least, the breakfast buffet is absolutely disappointing! There is a very limited variety of food! The food is simply behind any 3 star standard, not to mention it's a 5 star resort.

Overall, we had a wonderful stay with extended checkout hour to as late as 4.00pm.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

It has the makings of being one of the best resorts I have stayed in. The rooms are very comfortable and spacious and equipped with a huge bathroom and very generous with the towels. My room was on the second floor and it had a good view of the lushes garden and water stream plus the golf course. The food and drinks at the restaurants and lounge are okay but the service was good. I cannot say the same of the front desk, though the staff were really trying their best but they were let down by the poor computer system support. I waited hours to get my bill printed out because "the printers were not working!" I would recommend this resort for a break from the hustle and bustle of the cities.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to The Club Saujana Resort? Share your experiences!