Here for the week and have come to understand that this is not a 5 star property but rather more like your posh relations isolated beach house. The service standard varies from excellent to very average and every day you find out something that would have been most helpful to have known the day before. By reading trip advisor you will learn that there is a small bus service into the nearby town each day at 10 and returns at 11. This allows you to go to the larger mini mart to get snacks etc at local prices. Across the road from where the bus drops you some locals call it the medicine shop you can buy wine, beer and spirits at very reasonable prices and some cheaper than duty free in Australia. The wines come from around the world so don't worry about quality.
The rooms are well appointed but a bit tired and all the sheets although clean should be made into bandages and new sheets purchased.
Check in will be your biggest challenge for the week so be brave eventually you will get a room, there was no welcome drink or suggestions on what you could do while waiting. Remember with out a room number you can not charge to your room, this is a management model that doesn't work which is a shame because there is so much potential and many of the staff are striving to please. Language is a problem and English is not easily understood by all customer service offices.
This establish has much to offer it just needs to focus on training so that all the dots connect to deliver a consistent service.
In judging this resort take into account the amount of money you paid for your deal and that will put it into a more meaning ful perspective.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- AVANI Sepang Goldcoast Resort stretches out from the Sepang coastline, almost a kilometer into the sheltered waters of the Straits of Malacca with 392 luxuriously appointed over water villas that shape a palm tree. This new upscale resort offers guests a wide range of sports and entertainment activities as well as great food & beverage outlet selection. Located in the district of Sepang, in the southern part of the state of Selangor, AVANI Sepang Goldcoast Resort is a short 35 minute drive from Kuala Lumpur International Airport. The resort is also conveniently located close to the Sepang International Circuit - home to the Malaysian leg of the F1 race. Inspired by Polynesian and Maldivian architecture, blended with contemporary Malaysian interior design, each over water villa showcases a range of features that will ensure you take full advantage of the relaxed comfort, knowing we have the details covered. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, AsiaRooms, Orbitz, Hotel.de, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your AVANI Sepang Goldcoast Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Palm Tree Iconic Resort And Spa
- Golden Palm Tree Iconic Hotel Sepang