“Good for relaxing and reading a book” 3 of 5 stars
Review of AVANI Sepang Goldcoast Resort

You added AVANI Sepang Goldcoast Resort to your Saves list
AVANI Sepang Goldcoast Resort
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Sepang Goldcoast, No. 67 | Jalan Pantai Bagan Lalang, Sepang 43950, Malaysia (Formerly Golden Palm Tree Iconic Resort & Spa )   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Sepang
Perth, Australia
“Good for relaxing and reading a book”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The unit was very nice, but past it's prime. Make sure you get a unit facing the ocean, and see the nice sunsets. We stayed a week, staff very friendly, buffet breakfast superb, but other meals at various restaurants were only just ok. I say read a book, as it is not a swimming beach, and when the tide is out you are on the mud flats. I say read a book as there is nothing nearby the resort to see, the swimming pool is so tiny, and TV limited, and pay for movies little selection. I say read a book as the free wifi in the unit is so slow, and drops out frequently, but the air conditioning is good as humid outside. Read a book as tours organised by the resort are ridiculously expense. however I will compliment the resort on the free bus to KL which we used for 2 trips out of the resort. About 1 and half hours one way, although 2 and half back on a Friday evening due to traffic congestion. The reflexology was not reflexology but a pleasant foot massage.

Room Tip: Get a unit facing west and end of the path, so the view is good
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Spent a weekend here on business. The resort is big. The rooms are old and not well maintained. They don't even give you much toiletries. If you plan to come with your family, your kids will get bored because the pool is not that great and if your kids want to run, you better run after them as they might jump in the sea (this is not the hotel's fault though). There's a beach which is nice and they have an outdoor trampoline.

My beef with this resort is that the rooms are not as luxurious as they seem on the website. The rooms are dank and dusty. The rooms are quite far from the main lobby and the restaurant, the farthest room is 1.4km away. That being said, they do provide old and poorly maintained bicycles. If you have kids, you better wait for the buggy. They don't have many buggies either so you might as well walk slowly.

Breakfast (always a high point of our travels) is also not that great. Tasteless and not much variety. Since we were there for 3 nights, we saw first hand how they recycled the food that was not finished. For example, you might see steamed veggies at lunch. You'll see the same veggies, albeit drenched in sauce, at dinner that night. Didn't finish the mini hot dogs at breakfast? Don't worry, it'll be there at lunch or dinner but with a new twist. Which is why you'll see very weird menus such as beef with figs.

Parking is also far. You have to park OUTSIDE the resort. Great, eh?

The hotel also prides itself on safety. However, when there was an emergency, the poor fella was carted off to the hospital in a catering van. LOL. If you have a heart attack, don't waste your time waiting for the ambulance. Drive yourself. You might stand a better chance.

I read another reviewer's comment that you'd be better off staying in Avillion Port Dickson. I heartily agree.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is near the lobby. Fat chance that you'll get it but it's worth a try.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

- Check in process was extremely slow. Moreover there's a long waiting line to get a cart ride to the club house. Then we had to walk to the room in the rain without being provided with umbrellas with three small children (age 3, 6 and 8) to the two bedroom villas.
- We were informed each room should have one or two umbrellas but we had none. There's also no kettle in the room. Contacted customer service and received the items four hours later.
- shampoo and body shampoo was not filled up. The room was not properly cleaned as my 3 year old found a slipper under the bed with a bunch of dust while he tried to get his toy car.
- food ordered through room service as well as served in the Bila bila restaurant was mediocre. Also note that we waited 45-50 mins for the food to arrive.
- Had manicure and pedicure done at the spa and it was ok for the price of USD 110+ for two person.
- we didn't get to experience the kids club because the shuttle we got in at the hotel brought us all the way out of the compound of the hotel without informing us and when we returned almost an hour later, the path to the kids club was flooded with water because of the heavy rain. Needless to say we had to request shuttle service to return to the hotel with three very disappointed kids. This time we were brought back straight to the hotel only to have to wait in the long line to return to our hotel room. In the future I shall stay put in the hotel room with three kids while my husband treats himself to a two hours massage.

Positive comment - kids enjoyed the swimming pool.

Lastly I've addressed the shuttle incident to the manager on duty when we returned to the hotel. He doesn't seems to empathize nor care about what we've experienced.

• Stayed December 2014
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This is an award winning resort - for being the worst. I could not find any redeeming value, as hard as I may look for it.

1. From check-in experience itself. The moment we arrived, we have to park a fair bit away from the resort, near the Go-Kart track. Not a problem, usually we start off our vacation in a good spirit, and they have a very frequent shuttle van that transport guests from the parking lot to the resort lobby. Only that the staff at the lobby and the person driving the van have zero ability to smile and greet. Not a deal breaker.

2. Check-in - around 1.30 pm. First, they secure a RM 400 deposit on my credit card. No problems. But then they told us the room is not ready. Official check-in time is 3pm. Please wait and we will call you. Again, this is not an issue, we can wait. However the lobby is extremely small, and a long queue starts to form for the check-in line, and another queue to wait for the buggy service to take guests to their room. So we waited. And waited. And waited. Checked on them at 3.30pm. Still no room. The most frustrating part is that they have no idea at all by when our room will be ready. At this point a lot of people are getting irritated, especially those with small children. Some have waited for about 4 hours to get a room.

3. After a long wait, we finally get our room. But the queue for the buggy service is very long, and the walk to the room is quite a fair bit away, which is not convenient for pregnant mothers and those with small children. A resort like this should expect family outings, but there are no priority lines or services for those who need it the most.

4. The room is in such a sorry state - the first sight that greeted us is a large garbage bag right in front of the room. Walk passed it into a room which only has ONE ceiling light for the entire room, and one dim light for the tiny bathroom. The ceiling fan is perpetually at the slowest speed, with the control knob missing from the switch panel. The shower knob that controls the water temperature came off the moment we touched it. Bed sheet has a drop of blood stain. Floor is dusty. Two towels provided. Only two, that's it - not even hand towels. Budget hotels provide more than this.

5. Breakfast included - at the Bila Bila restaurant. The breakfast price is listed at RM 52, buffet style. It is a total rip off. 4 out of 5 plates have food stains. Food is bland and the restaurant is infested with flies. Three types of drinks available - iced water, and two types of diabetic juice - extremely sugary orange and apple juice. When I was lining up, a restaurant staff came from behind with a huge pot of baked beans to refill the buffet pot, without once warning the person lining up in front with a simple "excuse me". He could have easily spilled the pot if someone accidentally turned behind and bumped into him. And just like most of the staff here, he struggled to put on a smiling face. Choices are limited - and whatever is available is bad, except for the pizza and the roti canai, when they are freshly made. Fried vermicelli and fried rice is so bland, I was looking forward to my instant cup noodle that we brought along.

6. Facilities - super tiny swimming pool. Don't let the pictures fool you. And the water is filthy. There is a small pool next to the beach - and I saw a dead cockroach in the pool. In the main pool, plenty of people simply jumped in with their shirt on. Even though the pool guard on duty did called out some of the guests to take off their shirt, it was half-hearted and they don't really bother to enforce a proper attire code.

7. The view - nothing great, the water is muddy, but overall nothing great - I find no reason to take any photos of the views here at all.

8. Check-out - called for the bell service to help get our luggage to the main lobby. The person at the other end told me to simply take my luggage out of my room and wait outside. He will call for a buggy service. Waited 10 minutes. No one came. Called again, this time a different person taking up the call. Same message, waited again for another 10 minutes. Third time called, another person told me I have to flag down any passing buggy. This is getting ridiculous as all the buggies that went pass were full of passengers. Finally they got a buggy service over just to take our luggage. We still have to walk back to the restaurant area to queue up for another buggy service to the lobby. We were not given any luggage tag. Upon reaching the lobby and after checking-out, I was trying to locate my luggage. Asked the concierge, no one has any idea where my luggage could be. They asked me to check with one person to another, until I had to walk into the luggage storage room, and asked the person in charge, who also has no clue, and says that it could be "on the way" - 1 hour after my luggage was collected from my room. Finally someone pointed out that my luggage was dropped at the foyer next to the ballroom, which is in an adjacent building to the lobby. And I finally found my luggage, being perfectly attended by absolutely nobody, sitting on the staircase next to the foyer. In the adjacent building.

Overall, this is my worst travel experience ever. For its price, go for any resort in Port Dickson. Avillion is 100x better.

Kuta, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Room layout is great .I just checked in the room and was taken aback by the strong uncomfortable stench / smell in the room . Suggestion to management to add some aromatic candles or oil or any other odour removal . This is not fr the beach lover but more fr a resort stay n relaxation with family .limited tv channels though . No room service during peak holiday season like Christmas is disappointing as there is a need to rely on buggy service for moving around the resort . Front desk service and responsiveness was pleasant so far .

Stayed December 2014
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

No program sheets for guest when checking on Saturday, only received on Sunday. It would be ideal if program sheets is given upon check in for better planning and enjoyment of the resort facilities.
The sea sports equipments were old and poorly maintained. It does not create a good experience which can impact the overall stay at Avani Sepang Resort.

Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Good comments : good for quality family time, away from busy city life.
Rooms: stayed in a 2 bedroom villas which is only 5 villas away from club house. It was facing other villas (no privacy)and angle view of beaches. The toilet flushing system was lousy, it was not working in mornings, waited for 3 hours before it was back to normal.
Services: waited for 45 mins to check in, the staff was unfriendly, when requested to change the room to open sea view without blocking, he commented that we have to wait for more than 2 hours in unpleasant tone.
Food: budffets do not have much variety, the prices of the food are of 5 stars, but food quality is a 2 stars.
The restaurant staffs used walked takies with loud volume, it was quite disturbing.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
ErwinV, General Manager at AVANI Sepang Goldcoast Resort, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Rest_n_relax_serene,

Thank you for providing us with your feedback following your stay, though of course I wish your review would have been reflecting a higher level of satisfaction, I apologize for any inconvenience caused.

I am genuinely concerned with some of your feedbacks, and most of all with your comments towards the friendliness of the team, which in general gets great reviews from our guests, and I regret that during your visit this was not the case, rest assured that we will address this to seek improvement for this, which most certainly is not the way we would like any guest to rate us.

I do hope that should your travels bring you back to the vicinity of the hotel, you will not be deterred from giving us the opportunity to redeem ourselves in your eyes, kindly contact me or any of my team to assist upon such time.

Kind regards,

Erwin van der Veen

Been to AVANI Sepang Goldcoast Resort? Share your experiences!