For a few years we had been discussing where we might go to celebrate our 25th anniversary. Since we are Americans living in China the options throughout Asia were many. When we first began to seriously consider traveling to Kuala Lumpur to stay at Avani Sepang Goldcoast Resort we read other people's reviews of the resort. Their comments very nearly deterred us from making reservations. Those people said that check in was slow, that the staff was unfriendly, and that the Air Conditioning in the rooms was inadequate (and since we were traveling in early August that was cause for concern.) Boy are we ever glad that we disregarded those reviews and made our reservations. We have no idea what others were talking about because our experience was first-rate from start to finish. Check in was not only quick, but they gladly let us check-in early since they had our room available and they checked us in with style. We didn't have to stand at the counter, they invited us to sit in the lobby while they brought us glasses of juice and let us get registered in comfort--and seriously it did not take long at all. The staff could not have been more friendly and welcoming to us. We were particularly impressed with Swikriti, our server in the restaurant who made us feel welcome--what a lovely young lady!! As far as the air conditioning goes, it not only worked adequately, they had it running when we arrived at our room and my wife turned it up a degree or two because it was a bit cold in the room (not bad for August in the tropics). Everything was clean and nice, the views were spectacular, the pool was great, the food was delicious, and quite frankly we don't know how to adequately express our gratitude to the staff at the resort for helping to make our silver anniversary very special!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- AVANI Sepang Goldcoast Resort stretches out from the Sepang coastline, almost a kilometer into the sheltered waters of the Straits of Malacca with 392 luxuriously appointed over water villas that shape a palm tree. This new upscale resort offers guests a wide range of sports and entertainment activities as well as great food & beverage outlet selection. Located in the district of Sepang, in the southern part of the state of Selangor, AVANI Sepang Goldcoast Resort is a short 35 minute drive from Kuala Lumpur International Airport. The resort is also conveniently located close to the Sepang International Circuit - home to the Malaysian leg of the F1 race. Inspired by Polynesian and Maldivian architecture, blended with contemporary Malaysian interior design, each over water villa showcases a range of features that will ensure you take full advantage of the relaxed comfort, knowing we have the details covered. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Jetsetter so you can book your AVANI Sepang Goldcoast Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Palm Tree Iconic Resort And Spa
- Golden Palm Tree Iconic Hotel Sepang