“Average hotel with basic facilities” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Park Stay & Fly
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Sepang
Melbourne, Australia
“Average hotel with basic facilities”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

So the pros are that it is close to the airport, it's cheap and offers a free shuttle. The buffet breakfast was also pretty good for a pretty cheap hotel. But you get what you pay for. The rooms are basic and were clean. The bathroom has been renovated compared to the age of the hotel so was okay. Basic amenities and comfortable enough. Wouldn't stay here if you're planning more than an overnight.

Room Tip: Use another card to keep the power on when you leave the room so the air con can work its magic whil...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
ConcordeInnKLIA, Guest Relations Manager at Concorde Inn Kuala Lumpur International Airport, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear MikeyMikeAus,

Warmest greetings from Concorde Inn KLIA.

It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and we do appreciate your constructive comments on your recent stay. Thank you for your kind and positive comments .

Once again, thank you for your support and patronage. We look forward to welcoming you back to Concorde Inn KLIA.

srewart@concorde.net

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Kuching, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

After a slew of Italian hotels the past week, I returned to KL and needing to stay here for extra night before continuing my journey home. So I was really pleased with the value I was getting at Concorde Inn, all at fractions of what I was paying last week.

Free shuttle bus to/from KLIA, free wifi, sumptuous breakfast, hustle-free check-in, helpful staff...list goes on. If you don't mind the room amenities, it would be perfect for a short stay.

I'll not hesitate to revisit given the chance.

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Ijsgary,

Thank you for choosing Concorde Inn KLIA as your preferred choice.

We are delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for recognizing our effort to provide excellent services and facilities. Our sincere appreciation for your constructive comments.

The team at Concorde Inn KLIA looks forward to welcoming you back for another amazing experience in the near future!

Brazil
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Simple facilities, comfortable beds in a seemingly former barracks environment adapted to a hotel. Location and free Klia airport shuttle are unbeatable for those with long connection. The pool seemed to be pleasant, and the breakfast quite diversified and generous. Staff were polite and helpful. Rooms even superior category seemed very simple and bathroom could be modernized. Prices a bit over the top for the furnitures and facilities.

Room Tip: I guess a room away from the pool if one whishes silence and privacy.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
ConcordeInnKLIA, Guest Relations Manager at Concorde Inn Kuala Lumpur International Airport, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear Emil_Unzer

Thank you very much for your kind and good comments and will make sure to share them with the team.

It is our pleasure to make your stay valuable even for a short duration. We also will take note on the issues you have kindly raised.

We certainly look forward to your returning to Concorde Inn KLIA whenever you travel via Malaysia. Feel free to let us know if we can be of any assistance to you.

Thank you for choosing us.

Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

The standard has slipped since I was last there 2 years ago, starting at reception. I went to the bar where the music could be heard as you left reception. There was one other customer whom was waiting for his change. Five mins later he's still waiting, so aaam I. The manager then come in to sort out the mess and then started to walk out until I said I've been waiting over 5 mins.The problem was that the happy hour price was for the beer only, the glass was extra and the info telling you this was in small print barely legible.The food was OK but small portions. My room aircon was set at 15 degree and no amount of fiddling could it be changed or turned off.The staff are no longer helpful or friendly and seem to resent having to serve you.

Room Tip: Don't go there
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
ConcordeInnKLIA, Guest Relations Manager at Concorde Inn Kuala Lumpur International Airport, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear Gillosan,

Warmest greetings from Concorde Inn KLIA.

Thank you for taking the time to provide the feedback on your stay experience with us. We believe that it is only through guest feedback that we are able to continue improves on our services and facilities.

At the same time, we would like to extend our sincere apologies for the inconveniences that you had experienced. Nevertheless, we have taken immediate actions from your comments and rest assures the services were improved.

Once again, our apologies for the inconvenience caused and we thank you for your support and patronage. We also look forward to welcoming you to Concorde Inn KLIA again.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

We arrived hot and tired and were looking forward to aircon, a cold drink and maybe a snack from room service...but were denied all three! We were given a room miles from reception and arrived to find a hot room (that did not cool down much overnight even with aircon on 16!)...a fridge that was empty (stayed there once before and there were cold beers and soft drink in minibar only 2 weeks ago?)...our room was half the size of last time and the bathroom was tiny! Tried to call reception for wifi password to find phone didn't work so limped back to reception to get password and report phone not working to a receptionist who couldn't care less. Went back to room hoping phone would be fixed and could order room service..no such luck..no one came so just had shower and went to bed. Up early to catch early flight and went to reception to order taxi..told no taxi only shuttle..so asked for shuttle and then we were asked if we had booked..which we hadn't because we thought we could get a taxi!! After much sighing and carry on from receptionist she took our monry for shuttle tickets. At $86 for a hot night with no assistance truly not worth it!

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Sally M,

Warmest greetings from Concorde Inn KLIA.

First and foremost, please accept my sincere apologies for the unpleasant experiences on your recent stay. We appreciated you taking the time to share the shortfall of our services rendered which was not up to your expectations.

Rest assured that your inputs have been shared with the Managers of the respective departments concerned and will take the necessary corrective measures on those matters.

Thank you once again and we hope to be of service to you, should you be travelling to Malaysia in the near future.

Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

This is hotel reminds me of dormitory style accommodation. Room was at Terminal 5 of the hotel and found it too far from reception and noise level of people moving about quite high. The good things about this hotel is the free shuttle to/from KLIA. free wifi, spacious and clean room and free breakfast. However, the areas that need improvements are:-
a. Breakfast was awful - tasteless food and poor service
b. No option to leave the hotel except using the same shuttle to KLIA. Limo taxi service is overpriced.
c. Ironing board is outside at the end of the block as a shared facility.

This a convenient place to stay for non fussy travellers who just want a place to stay before taking their flight.

Room Tip: Rooms starting from 400-500 are far from reception/restaurant
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear shedee,

Thank you for sharing your views and feedback with us.

It is unfortunate that the outlook of the hotel is not to your liking. As for your information, we are set in with nature surroundings and the hotel is more of a resort style.

We sincerely apologize that we were unable to meet your expectations and will certainly look into improving on the problems mentioned. We would like to assure you that our commitment to quality hospitality service remains paramount at all times.

We hope this incident will not deter you from visiting us again. Thank you for your patronage.

Jakarta, Indonesia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I choose this hotel because I needed only 1 night stay to continue my trip. I arrived at about lunch time and went to basement to find a shuttle bus. There is a place for us to wait for that bus, but the driver never said anything to customers, just looked inside and went away to the bus, I followed a group that I believed will stay to the same hotel, and thanks God they did. We walked to the bus without any notification from staff. A silent service...

After checked in, I went to KL by train for dinner with some friends and get back to the hotel. When I arrived in the lobby I came to the receptionist and told them that I need someone to pick up my husband at 4:30 at the airport, he must get some rest and then continue for another flight at 11 am. They said they will remind the shuttle bus to pick up, and to make sure my request I came to the shuttle coordinator table, and asked my self to her directly. She wrote down my request on her log book and gave me a card with a contact number, for me just in case want to remind them.

Oh my God... they have log book and still asked me to remind them? Well, OK.
Off course I can't sleep at all, and at 4 am I called operator to ask them picking up my husband. And it was 4:40 am my husband called my cell # and said no one in the shuttle point :( he was tired of 16 hours flight and came and no one pick him up.

I went to the receptionist and started to yell to them that why nobody care about my request. I was really upset. After that a driver just started leaving the lobby by a small bus to pick up my husband in the shuttle point., and he arrived in the lobby at 5:45 am.

Imagine... he wasted his time, he needed some rest, that is why we choose your property.

Why your staffs were like really hotel workers?? I was a hotelier., I was an F&B Director in one of Boutique hotel in Bali, and we did much much better that this.

People are tires of this non professional employees with that skill.
And your Front Office Manager/Duty MAnager/Supervisor, just said sorry for that and he told me, that I did not need to be upset, because you guys picked my husband up anyway....
What a service ...

Thins about a really good training for your staffs and manage the good collaboration between department.

RM

Room Tip: No idea...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear rmaria m,

Warm greetings from Concorde Inn KLIA.

We regret to learn of the unpleasant experiences you have gone through and that we did not meet your expectations during your recent stay. Please do accept our sincere apologies.

Rest assured, this is not the standard of service that the hotel is renowned for and I have taken the time to personally discuss the issues highlighted with the team members, ensuring the team focus on providing memorable experiences for all the guests in the Concorde Inn KLIA.

Once again, we hope that despite your disappointment on this occasion, the hotel will have the opportunity to welcome you back and be of service to you in the near future.

srewart@concorde.net

Been to Concorde Inn Kuala Lumpur International Airport? Share your experiences!