“Oasis” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 10 hotels in Sepang
Perth
“Oasis”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

On the way to Hanoi and on the way back home, we stayed at this hotel. We had a stopover of 9 hours. Having this hotel in the terminal is so convenient. You lose no time on cutoms or collecting luggage. Check in was easy and the rooms are very nice. Having a view of the airplanes is quite unique. The rooms have everything you need. The shower is awesome, I wonder if it is attached to the fire hydrant as it is very powerful. Exactly what you need after hours in a plane.
If you stay more than 6 hours you can be charged extra but that seems to be quite arbitrary.
It would be good if the hotel would communicate that you don't need to collect your luggage or go through customs. It isn't too clear. At check in in Perth we needed to ask if we had to collect our luggage or not. So that should be more clarified to customers. Now that we know though, we are sure to use this hotel again. I surely recommend this to anyone I talk to.

Room Tip: Have your luggage sent through at check in. You don't need to go through customs or pick up your...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Iqmal M, Manager at Sama Sama Express KL International Airport, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Dear MiCaSoSwan ,

Thank you for taking your time to share your experience through tripadvisor.com.

187 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Penang Island, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

Recently stayed in Sama Sama Express KLIA (28Nov2013). The room is clean and friendly staffs welcome you. I would suggest this hotel if you do not plan to go out from KLIA while waiting for your next flight. I booked for 6hours but the staff allowed me to stay for another half an hour without extra charge.

Room Tip: Talk to the staff at the reception if you think you will need extra 30mins without paying extra 1hou...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear ooikb,

Thank you for staying with us and taking your time to review our hotel. It is rewarding to note that you had a great stay.

Perth, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

Although I have given this just three stars it really is worth staying here if you have a longer layover or late night flight. The express Sama Sama is after you have cleared customs and passport control -next to gate C 5 in the international departure areas.....The airport itself can be quite chaotic - people trying to sleep everywhere ( for later flights) I found spending the rm 230 great to allow for a hot power shower and time to relax before the flight
We had room 125 -average room -quiet- with a window looking out to an indoor courtyard garden.
Beds were comfortable -shower was one of the best I have tried... Great water pressure and large shower head. Simple toiletries provided -toothbrush, shaver, shampoo and body wash.

Only tiny complaint - check in took too long.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Anstruthergirl,

Thank you so much for your support and feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

I book thru agoda for 6hrs transit day use in this hotel. Didn't realize tis hotel is hidden behind the train in the terminal. ( sign board is too small to notice)
When I arrived, went to immigration n collect my bag, eventually clear custom. Then I saw the sama sama sign board, so followed all the way to d buggy station where the pick up guest to the hotel. Arrived in sama sama hotel, I then realize I went to the wrong hotel. I booked sama sama Express. I can't go in the terminal again, due to no boarding pass to the next journey. So the voucher for the Express hotel eventually burned! So pls, double check yourself...if u need to collect ur bag & no boarding pass for your next journey, Do Not buy this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

I had a 12 hour halt at KL airport recently and checked into the Sama-Sama Express for a few hours to catch up on sleep and refresh. They have a package for a minimum of 6 hours which is extendible on hourly basis after that. The hotel is within the airport itself (Terminal C) and therefore one doesn't need to pass immigration to reach the hotel. The room was clean and comfortable and it was quiet with no disturbances. The free wifi, coffee/tea maker were added benefits of my stay

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Iqmal M, Manager at Sama Sama Express KL International Airport, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
Dear cool_satchmo,

Thank you for your feedback. It is rewarding to note that you have enjoyed your stay.

Mohd Iqmal / Sama-Sama Express KL International Airport
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

I arrived at almost 1am and the entrance is up some stairs (no lift).

At the lobby, I overheard a lady complaining that there was some loud noise.

I requested a room that wasn't near the noise and was given a key. The room I was given smelt extremely smokey. I prompted requested another room. This room was barely adequate. Uncomfortable bed, shower that just about worked. They did provide some drinking water and toothpaste/toothbrush but no shower gel, just shampoo.

At 2am, the noise started again for 30 mins - very loud and irritating. I slept ok, because I was so tired but would not want to stay here again.

I also asked for 2 wake up calls, eventually it came 30 mins late. If I only relied on this, I could have missed my flight.

The room price was also steep and didn't include breakfast. In hindsight, I would have been better off staying at one of the outer hotels.

The only redeeming feature is that you don't need to clear customs and you are already at your gate in the morning without having to stand in any queues.

Room Tip: Don;t stay here
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Anon100001 ,

It is with regret to note the unpleasant experience during your last stay with us. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused.I would very much wish to make contact with you personally, and if it’s not too much to ask, please do drop me an email with your contact details so that I can be in touch.

Once again, thank your for your time and we look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Mohd Iqmal / Sama-Sama Express KL International Airport
email: iqmal.muslim@samasamahotels.com
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

Our plane was delayed from hanoi so it meant that we missed our second leg flight from Kuala Lumpur to Sydney so Malaysian airlines organised accommodation at this hotel so we could rest up ready for the following day.
The room was simple but amazingly clean... The bed was comfy and it had tea making facilities. The bathroom was small but terrifically functional. The air conditioning worked well. There was a flat screen tv on the wall and a great free wifi service,
The room was very quiet so we managed to get quality sleep.
One BIG mistake by the staff could have resulted in us missing our early flight.
We booked a wake up call for 6.15am but the reception did not call us and we woke startled at 7am.
We mentioned it to the desk as we hurried away but there was a mixup there somehow.... Seems one of the staff thought the other had made the call... No apology given but otherwise no complaints.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear suem56,

First and foremost, please accept our sincere apologies for the lack of customer service accorded at the Front Desk and in relation to the wake up call service.Thank you for taking your time to share your experiences through tripadvisor.com.

We truly appreciate your feedbacks and we look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Mohd Iqmal / Sama-Sama Express KL International Airport.

Been to Sama Sama Express KL International Airport? Share your experiences!