We stayed for 3 nights at the hotel for the Sime Darby LPGA, and were truly awed by their quality!
First and foremost, we were impressed by Bernard, who was waiting for our arrival at the lobby entrance, and brought us right to our room for a simple check-in. Our room on the 10th floor was extremely spacious despite being only a Superior Twin room, with separate shower and bath tub in what was the biggest shower room I ever seen.
However, the hotel's location is far from ideal if your intention is to shop in the city (15 mins taxi ride to KL Sentral, RM30). To make up for that, the hotel provide free shuttle bus service (enclosed, subjected to change at the hotel's discretion) to centralise locations such as KL Sentral, KLCC, Sunway Lagoon etc, advance booking is necessary though. From KL Sentral, you will find easy access downtown or airport via the many transport system (LRT, KTM Komuter, KL Ekpres, buses etc). But really, if mall shopping is your cup of tea, forget Mid Valley and KLCC, you can find 1 Utama just behind the hotel, accessible via a poshy entrance at the back of the hotel. 1 Utama is much larger than Mid Valley and you'll find tenants such as Aeon and Isetan there, among many other retailers, and also a cinema, it's like the center for Petaling Jaya. In fact, there are actually coaches that ply between 1 Utama and major Malaysian cities, even to Singapore!
The hotel's breakfast is quite sumptuous, the variety hugh enough for me to try them all in 3 days! Though on the quality side, I'd say it's moderate, but I strongly recommend the Japanese entree.
Let me quote some of the incidents where I was truly impressed with their services:
1) I left some tips on the tea cabinet, it was left untouched. In addition, when I returned in the evening, I noticed that the room attendant had filled up the ice bucket with ice cubes, probably observed that I had two bottles of wine on the table.
2) I booked a shuttle service for KL Sentral, the bus didn't turn up. The concierge got me a taxi, and told me I need not pay for it!
3) I asked for 30 minutes extension during check out, as we still have ample time before taking the Airport shuttle, the staff was kind enough to counter offer an hour!
Not to mention the staffs readily answer any of my queries with a smile and were quite attentive, never before in my previous KL stay (some of which were also 5 stars hotels). Definitely a class accommodation! Strongly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 5-star One World Hotel is located in the heart of Petaling Jaya and is adjoined to 1 Utama Shopping Centre. It offers 438 luxurious guestrooms and 7 food & beveraget outlets; with facilities such as fitness centre, outdoor swimming pool and spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your One World Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 1 World Hotel
- Hotel One World
- One World Petaling Jaya