“Perfect Ambassador to South East Asia hospitality!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of One World Hotel

You added One World Hotel to your Saves list
One World Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   First Avenue, Bandar Utama City Centre, Petaling Jaya 47800, Malaysia   |
Special Rate
Save up to 33%
Ranked #1 of 29 Hotels in Petaling Jaya
Singapore, Singapore
“Perfect Ambassador to South East Asia hospitality!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights at the hotel for the Sime Darby LPGA, and were truly awed by their quality!
First and foremost, we were impressed by Bernard, who was waiting for our arrival at the lobby entrance, and brought us right to our room for a simple check-in. Our room on the 10th floor was extremely spacious despite being only a Superior Twin room, with separate shower and bath tub in what was the biggest shower room I ever seen.
However, the hotel's location is far from ideal if your intention is to shop in the city (15 mins taxi ride to KL Sentral, RM30). To make up for that, the hotel provide free shuttle bus service (enclosed, subjected to change at the hotel's discretion) to centralise locations such as KL Sentral, KLCC, Sunway Lagoon etc, advance booking is necessary though. From KL Sentral, you will find easy access downtown or airport via the many transport system (LRT, KTM Komuter, KL Ekpres, buses etc). But really, if mall shopping is your cup of tea, forget Mid Valley and KLCC, you can find 1 Utama just behind the hotel, accessible via a poshy entrance at the back of the hotel. 1 Utama is much larger than Mid Valley and you'll find tenants such as Aeon and Isetan there, among many other retailers, and also a cinema, it's like the center for Petaling Jaya. In fact, there are actually coaches that ply between 1 Utama and major Malaysian cities, even to Singapore!
The hotel's breakfast is quite sumptuous, the variety hugh enough for me to try them all in 3 days! Though on the quality side, I'd say it's moderate, but I strongly recommend the Japanese entree.

Let me quote some of the incidents where I was truly impressed with their services:
1) I left some tips on the tea cabinet, it was left untouched. In addition, when I returned in the evening, I noticed that the room attendant had filled up the ice bucket with ice cubes, probably observed that I had two bottles of wine on the table.
2) I booked a shuttle service for KL Sentral, the bus didn't turn up. The concierge got me a taxi, and told me I need not pay for it!
3) I asked for 30 minutes extension during check out, as we still have ample time before taking the Airport shuttle, the staff was kind enough to counter offer an hour!

Not to mention the staffs readily answer any of my queries with a smile and were quite attentive, never before in my previous KL stay (some of which were also 5 stars hotels). Definitely a class accommodation! Strongly recommended.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
OneWorldHotelPJ, Public Relations Manager at One World Hotel, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and to hear of your memorable stay with us.
Thank you for you kind words of our offerings at Cinnamon coffee house. Our chefs will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed their food. We will be sure to congratulate Bernard and let the team know that they contributed to your enjoyment. Thank you again for the great review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Went there Oct 2013 on a family holiday. We booked three rooms with two adjoining. 6 adults and 4 children from age 3 to 6.

As you see in the pictures, the rooms were of reasonable size and well maintained. One of the rooms we booked was not yet ready, but that was remedied in short time. Free WiFi in the rooms was excellent. The fridge was not a "real" fridge" so we had to keep asking for ice. It was always delivered on time and the staff was very professional. Service was exemplary. I wished they had a place to hang the hand towels. We respect the environment so we asked the towels not to be changed unless they were truly soiled or soaked.

Breakfast was very good with variety and freshly squeezed juice. They do know how to make omlettes. They had dim sum dumplings, chinese porridge, soup noodles, japanese miso, local fare, Indian cuisine, and your typical European breakfast. Sorry, but no American style breakfast. Option for local coffee was a plus.

The mall is accessible within 100 paces and it's actually two malls. The complex is expansive so expect to walk alot! A myriad of food choice will leave you gasping. Canton i was excellent and the supermarket take away food was also terrific. The supermarket is very big so you'll be able to find anything that you may have left at home.

We did not try the pool, but saw a water slide and an Olympic sized pool.

Yeah, I'd go back there again.

Only gripe was that it's a busy hotel with offices near by so getting a taxi is not always easy.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
OneWorldHotelPJ, Public Relations Manager at One World Hotel, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

It was a pleasure having you with us at One World Hotel. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here. We are glad to that you and your family enjoyed the stay as well as shopping in One Utama. We hope that you will return for another stay with us soon.
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed at this hotel before and was disappointed when I could only stay 4 out of 7 nights of my recent stay.

Good: excellent, friendly and efficient service staff, delicious breakfast with wide variety of cuisines, clean rooms, personalized welcome message in room

Bad: slightly uninspiring interior design of room

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your continued support and patronage. Our team is glad to learn that you had an overall positive stay in our hotel. Thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you return soon. Have a nice day!
Shenzhen
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Just had my fourth stay at One World and I think it has improved. The location of the hotel, which is part of the One Utama shopping mall complex, is perfect for me and it is good to stay outside the centre of the city with it's petrol fumes and constant noise. Reception in the Perdot Lounge was brilliant and I was made to feel extremely welcome. The rooms are comfortable and well laid out and the service was always friendly and helpful, typical of Malaysian hospitality.

Two tiny gripes: They still have little clue about serving alcohol in the Perdot Lounge, I have to request Tonic water every time and on this visit the attendant didn't even know what that was ! Also the turndown service in the evening was not very thorough. Perhaps it was because I was often in the room when they came, but towels were not changed and the bed was not turned down. All that was done was to draw the curtains and leave an ice bucket.

Room Tip: All rooms on higher floors have interesting views.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

We are glad that you had an enjoyable stay with us as well as shopping in One Utama. One World Hotel is indded the perfect location if you have shopping in mind. It is indeed our pleasure tobe of service to you. Rest assured we will do our best to improve in the areas mentioned. Looking forward to seeing you soon. Thank You.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I had quite an unpleasant experience with their customer service. I recently booked a 4 night stay at the Executive Deluxe with them online (3 adults with 2 queen beds, and breakfast included), and everything went smooth until I had a bad encounter with their staffs at the breakfast place. It started with the staff at entrance telling me that someone has 'utilized' the breakfast under my room number, and after some 'investigations', she then realized it was an overlook but later stated that the breakfast had been booked for 2 adults only. After having to show the email confirmation, I thought the matter was clarified and we proceeded. To my surprise, 3 different staffs approached us one after another telling me that we had only paid for the breakfast for 2 adults, given I had to repeat myself every time hoping that they could just stop interrupting us (2 elderly and myself) having our breakfast, by just having to do a simple check on their system (one of the excuses given was that their reservation system is not synchronized with whatever system those staffs were using - according to one of the staffs). The 4th person who came to me was the Manager on duty of that day, he was all defensive, instead of admitting the mistakes on their end, he put the blames on me unjustifiably. I was going to cancel the rest of my stay with them the same day until they made it up with an apology on their mistakes and the irreversible bad experience. Furthermore, I had no other options of a better hotel in the same region. I would say that if you care a lot about service, you might want to stay in other better hotels in KL centre and commute.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
OneWorldHotelPJ, Public Relations Manager at One World Hotel, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear Ms Liew,

Thank you for your patronage recently. We thank you for your comments as it is comments such as yours which will assist us in our continuous effort to excel. Please accept our sincerely apology for the incident during breakfast. We shall look into this matter to ensure that such incident shall not occur again.

Our Manager on Duty had offered your family to alternatively dine in our Executive Lounge with our compliments as a gesture of good will were accepted and we were pleased that you were comfortable to dine there as an alternate dining venue. Once again, thank you for your patronage and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel sometime in the near future.
kuala lumpur
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Stayed at the Jr Suite, had an easy and efficient check-in & out. The staff @ both the Peridot Club and Reception were very warm and hospitable. The light refreshments offered during the evening and breakfast were good. The room was clean and well maintained, lurve the rain shower head and toiletteries given were excellent. They gave free birthday cake and managed to celeb hubby's birthday..so all in all had a great experience staying @ 1World Hotel. Do stay here if you are in this vicinity. A special mention of Ms Rani @ Peridot & Yoke Yann @ Reception, good job ladies and keep those smiles coming..

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
OneWorldHotelPJ, Public Relations Manager at One World Hotel, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay and the good quality service from our team. Thank you for the compliments to Ms. Rani and Yoke Yann. We will definitely share with them your compliments. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel sometime in the near future.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

The hotel is a very nice 5 star property. Rooms are fiarly large - view was nothing great on the 7th floor but maybe they would be better from higher. The room service was very effecient. The breakfast spread was huge with a variety of malay, japanese, chinese and Indian sections in addition to the standard continental fare. The hotel is adjoining the large Bandar Utama mall and there is an indoor walkway from the hotel to the mall. The overall service and facilities were very good.

Room Tip: Maybe higher floors would be better
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your kind review. Do let us know if you choose to return be it for leisure or business, so that we can arrange for another comfortable stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Been to One World Hotel? Share your experiences!