“second stay here” 5 of 5 stars
Review of One World Hotel

You added One World Hotel to your Saves list
One World Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   First Avenue, Bandar Utama City Centre, Petaling Jaya 47800, Malaysia   |
Ranked #2 of 32 Hotels in Petaling Jaya
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“second stay here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

We love this hotel. It's such a good location with the Utama Plaza attached to the hotel, so if you do not want to travel about checking out the sights you will find everything you need in the many levels of the Plaza.
Eat in the downstairs breakfast restaurant of the hotel as the selection is awesome.
The hotel pool with it's seperate children's pool and slide is great and has a panoramic view of the surroundind suburb.
We stayed in a "junior suite" and found the room excellent.
The staff are brilliant and very helpful.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
OneWorldHotel, Public Relations Manager at One World Hotel, responded to this review, May 3, 2012
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay on TripAdvisor. Our team is glad to know that they have made your stay a memorable one.

We do share your enthusiasm about 1 Utama Shopping Centre which is indeed a great place to shop.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warm wishes from all of us at One World Hotel.

Regards.

Florence Leong

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Thai first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

I stay a night in this hotel. It is a top end five-star hotel.

Location: The guest can't ask for more since it is just next to One Utama Shopping Center.
Room: Clean, typical business hotel
Facilitiy: They have everthing that the guest need.
Transportation: It is a metered taxi. It is uncommon there. So, go for it by all means if you need to go somewhere.
Restaurant: Many choices i.e. local, Japanese and international.
Staffs: Professional smiling.

Room Tip: Ask a room to face the highway. It is a good view from high floor.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you very much for your kind review. It was a pleasure having you as our guest.

Our hotel do offer complimentary shuttle service to designated areas in Kuala Lumpur such as KL Sentral and KLCC. Do make use of this complimentary service when you next stay with us.

In the meantime, we look forward to having you as our guest again.

Warm wishes from all of us in One World Hotel.

Regards.

Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

I have traveled here a number of times now for meetings held in the hotel.
The meeting rooms are good, and have great coffee! Likewise the restaurants are good for breakfast and lunch (though the coffee at breakfast is invariably cold and horrible).

Staff for the most part are great; except in the bar when they can be painfully slow.

Rooms are comfortable, if not luxurious and have everything you might need.

the location is less than ideal - there is a mall attached to the building - great for shopping - but not much else. The lobby is used as a cut through from an office building to the mall so there is a constant stream of people, which leaves the lobby un atmospheric. The lobby bar is pretty cold. Shame they don't have a more atmospheric pub or bar too.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
OneWorldHotel, Public Relations Manager at One World Hotel, responded to this review, May 2, 2012
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for your support and patronage. We are glad to learn that you have had an enjoyable stay in One World Hotel. Nevertheless, on behalf of the hotel, I would like to apologise for the slow service in the bar. Rest assured improvement will be made to improve staff efficiency.

In the meantime, our team looks forward to welcoming you back soon.

Northampton, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

I have now used the One World for my last three business trips to Malaysia and am just arranging to use it again for my next trip. The rooms have always been clean and kept that way for the whole of my visit. Plenty of space to work in the room and the internet connection has always been good.

I find it really convenient to have the mall attached and as I usually stay five days or more having such a choice of places to eat beyond the hotel is great. Breakfast at the hotel is very good and sets you up for a long working day.

My flights arrive early and only once have I needed to wait for a room to be made available early, very helpful after a long haul flight.

Room Tip: Higher the better!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
OneWorldHotel, Public Relations Manager at One World Hotel, responded to this review, April 18, 2012
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. We truly appreciate your feedback and glad to know that you have had an enjoyable stay with us.

The hotel's location is indeed very ideal. With close proximity to the city centre and right next to 1 Utama Shopping Centre, it's perfect for business and leisure travellers alike.

Tawau Division, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

As for business purpose, I spent most of my time in the ball room meeting.
Environment is cozy and comfortable, bottomless expresso supplies really boost my energy level.
Just an imperfect setting, where is the smoking area???

Room is just perfect! Nothing I can complain.
Breakfast and buffet lunch...variety of eastern food meet eastern food... colourful design turn up your appetite, personally i like the sushi section....

So far this is the best hotel i ever stay.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for the wonderful feedback. Our team is delighted to know that they have made your stay a memorable one.

JB
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

I was on a business trip, stayed for 3 nights, loved the Hotel, breakfast spread was excellent and delicious. Hotel staffs were always smiling, very friendly and very attentive. The live band at night was good, all and all everything was close to perfect! I will definitely return again and recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking time to share your experience at One World Hotel on TripAdvisor. Your feedback is much appreciated.

The location of One World Hotel is indeed ideal for both business and leisure travellers alike. Should your travels bring you back to Petaling Jaya, please stay with us again.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

I am writing this review while still residing in the room which I had changed from 7th floor to the 5th floof because the toilet bowl which they "fixed" with a "professional pump" (those found in the market - $10/piece) from their "professional" team of technician last night at 11pm did not work as "professional" as they think.

After coming back from a long hot day today and trying to use the shower and toilet today, my wife and myself realised that the toilet bowl is not working again - imagine that your face is turning green holding to your bowels and you thought that had been fixed the night before isnt the best experience in life!

I pressed the "One Service" button which is NOT working, thus re-dial the "0" and through the operator that rings for a long while and finally told her my problem and she mentions someone from the reception will call me back - after 15 min - no one did! AND I AM STILL HOLDING MY BOWELS!

I give up and called the reception and tell them that either they sent someone up to fixed it quickly or they have to change the room for me quickly. The reception lady says ok - they will change the room and request me to pack, i said ok and will be ready in 10 min. FINALLY - i think.

Then after packing and waiting in the room - knock on the door and i see the "professional" technician again with the "professional" pump in his hand - I almost fainted - I thought they wanted us to pack and move room? WT*H is that? I am dying! Called up the reception again and tell them to coordinate their work and stop wasting my precious time... i need a shower and toilet desperately... anyway - after more than 45 min - i can finally get to a room that can flushed correctly!

Now - my family and myself staying one in a deluxe room and me in a cheaper standard room decided that we will like to extend a night - thus we went over to the counter and ask politely to have the same rate for extension. Through the internet - we have booked for 2 nights - and now extending one more night, i have told them if we can get the same rate we will stay. Mr "Alastir" (can't remember what Manager he is) - look me into the eye and said - no same rate - normal rate apply - (please go some where else?) - OK, that is it - They rather lose 2 rooms and 2 customers than trying to keep us. Now I called that "SERVICE" from the heart.

I remembered the last stay similar not so good incident happened - that's why i went to the THE Curve Royal Bintang which is nearby to stay the last time - thinking this time - service has improved but much to my disappointment - No!

Sigh, they have good location as they are next to the mall - but if this attitude continues - I rather take a taxi to this mall from somewhere else.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest

It is with great concern to learn of the unpleasant experience during your recent stay with us. On behalf of the hotel, please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. We are truly sorry to have fallen short of your justifiably high expectations. There is definitely room for improvement. All the points mentioned in your feedback will be reviewed by our team for improvements to be made.

We sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity to prove our service to you.

In the meantime, thank you once again for your valuable time and consideration.

Florence Leong

Been to One World Hotel? Share your experiences!