“They are preparing to say "go some where else to you"!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of One World Hotel

You added One World Hotel to your Saves list
One World Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   First Avenue, Bandar Utama City Centre, Petaling Jaya 47800, Malaysia   |
Special Rate
Save up to 33%
Ranked #1 of 29 Hotels in Petaling Jaya
Singapore, Singapore
“They are preparing to say "go some where else to you"!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

I am writing this review while still residing in the room which I had changed from 7th floor to the 5th floof because the toilet bowl which they "fixed" with a "professional pump" (those found in the market - $10/piece) from their "professional" team of technician last night at 11pm did not work as "professional" as they think.

After coming back from a long hot day today and trying to use the shower and toilet today, my wife and myself realised that the toilet bowl is not working again - imagine that your face is turning green holding to your bowels and you thought that had been fixed the night before isnt the best experience in life!

I pressed the "One Service" button which is NOT working, thus re-dial the "0" and through the operator that rings for a long while and finally told her my problem and she mentions someone from the reception will call me back - after 15 min - no one did! AND I AM STILL HOLDING MY BOWELS!

I give up and called the reception and tell them that either they sent someone up to fixed it quickly or they have to change the room for me quickly. The reception lady says ok - they will change the room and request me to pack, i said ok and will be ready in 10 min. FINALLY - i think.

Then after packing and waiting in the room - knock on the door and i see the "professional" technician again with the "professional" pump in his hand - I almost fainted - I thought they wanted us to pack and move room? WT*H is that? I am dying! Called up the reception again and tell them to coordinate their work and stop wasting my precious time... i need a shower and toilet desperately... anyway - after more than 45 min - i can finally get to a room that can flushed correctly!

Now - my family and myself staying one in a deluxe room and me in a cheaper standard room decided that we will like to extend a night - thus we went over to the counter and ask politely to have the same rate for extension. Through the internet - we have booked for 2 nights - and now extending one more night, i have told them if we can get the same rate we will stay. Mr "Alastir" (can't remember what Manager he is) - look me into the eye and said - no same rate - normal rate apply - (please go some where else?) - OK, that is it - They rather lose 2 rooms and 2 customers than trying to keep us. Now I called that "SERVICE" from the heart.

I remembered the last stay similar not so good incident happened - that's why i went to the THE Curve Royal Bintang which is nearby to stay the last time - thinking this time - service has improved but much to my disappointment - No!

Sigh, they have good location as they are next to the mall - but if this attitude continues - I rather take a taxi to this mall from somewhere else.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
OneWorldHotel, Public Relations Manager at One World Hotel, responded to this review, April 18, 2012
Dear Valued Guest

It is with great concern to learn of the unpleasant experience during your recent stay with us. On behalf of the hotel, please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. We are truly sorry to have fallen short of your justifiably high expectations. There is definitely room for improvement. All the points mentioned in your feedback will be reviewed by our team for improvements to be made.

We sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity to prove our service to you.

In the meantime, thank you once again for your valuable time and consideration.

Florence Leong

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Bangkok
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012 via mobile

Having a meeting here. Stationery in meeting room is great as they are in wood box. Hotel is in business and shopping complex. Room is great with full sets of amenity. Lunch at Cennemon restaurant is buffet and has a lot of variety. Shopping complexes beside hotel and take at least 2.5 hours to walk through all complex. If you would like to go in and out from one to one shop, surely it takes u almost a day.

• Stayed March 2012
Dear Valued Guest

It has been a pleasure for our team to be of service to you during your recent stay with us. We are glad to know that you had overall enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Cologne, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

I just held a small wedding dinner at Zuan Yuan restaurant. The food was delicious, portion and quality was excellent. Service provided was very good as well. This is the first time eating here and my husband and I are very satisfied with it, the standard met our expectation. There was nothing to complain about. We will visit this restaurant again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for your kind feedback on Zuan Yuan Chinese Restaurant. We are glad to know that your wedding dinner went on smoothly. Congratulations once again and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kolkata, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

I stayed in One World Hotel, PJ for 3 nights during March 2012 and found it to be very convenient and comfortable ! The location was suited to me because I had work in Petaling Jaya and surrounding areas. Also the 1 Uttama mall attached to it was a deciding factor as I had to do a lil bit of shopping :-), It is also close to the curve which is quite a happening place. The reception is simple and fast - hardly spent any time there. The lobby is quite spacious, the rooms very well appointed, bathroom just excellent. I had booked a room with 2 queen beds and they were just perfect and very comfortable. The fitness center was good and clean. I did not visit the spa but had heard its quite nice. Room service excellent ! they even called back to confirm if the service was fulfilled satisfactorily.. Overall experience was very Good !

Room Tip: Go for rooms with 2 queen beds - they are very spacious
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for your kind review of One World Hotel. Our staff were indeed delighted to know that they have made your stay an enjoyable one. Definitely 1 Utama Shopping Centre is indeed the place to shop. With new stores opened at the newly refurbished wing, it is a shopping paradise that will be enjoyed by all.

We hope to see you again!

Seremban, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

I just stayed in One World Hotel last week during my company event.
It's located at Bandar Utama, next to One Utama shopping complex. Very convenient location where you can shop till you drop.
Even you're bored with shopping complex food, drive about 10 - 15 minutes to SS2 for local delights.
I like to room and very spacious bathroom. There are bath tub and shower area together. Unfortunately I didn't have time to try the bath tub. Looks like I have to stay there again in order to try it.
Overall, I like the room and the amenities.
For travelers travel either on business or leisure, it's a thumbs up hotel that you got to stay.

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for staying with us during your trip to Petaling Jaya. We are pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay especially shopping at 1 Utama Shopping Centre.

We will continue to improve on our facilities and services to ensure that guests experience a memorable stay each time they are with us.

In the meantime, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

I have stayed in many hotels in Malaysia and One World Hotel is the worse hotel. Even a budget hotel services is much better than One World Hotel.

I have too many bad experience staying in this hotel. The hotel staff is giving double standard services. I have also experience that the staff telling lies to me. The water pressure is low and I always having problem controlling the water temperature in the shower. House keeping services is very bad although after many times informing the staff to clean the room and is still not clean. As stated in the website that Junior Suite have deluxe welcome fruit platter and the fruit platter is not there when I check in.

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent stay at One World Hotel. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experienced. Our goal is to continually strive to improve our service levels, ensuring that guests experienced a memorable and enjoyable stay with us. Unfortunately, this time around, our team was not able to provide the service level that you desired.

Rest assured, all the points highlighted will be looked into by the team. We look forward to your future return. At that time, we will endeavour to provide you with a level of service that will meet and your exceed your expectations.

Once again, please accept our sincere apologies for the shortcomings.

Thank you.

Penang,Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

i stayed here for 5 nights on a business trip. room is of good standard. Hotel is connected to 1Utama via d direct link . Bedroom, amenities are all adequate for me. like the Rain shower installed . it was pretty good. breakfast was standard but i felt it could be improved after 5 days of eating the same stuff, more variety and changes to the menu would definitely be a big surplus. Also i must comment of the car park, it's very well lit, well organized and definitely secure!kudos also to yok fun the front staff on taking care some of my request. appreciate it!

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for staying with us during your trip to Petaling Jaya. We are pleased to learn that you had overall enjoyed your stay.

We have also taken note of your breakfast selection and will definitely make some changes to the menu.

Best wishes from all of us and we hope to welcoming you again!

Florence Leong

Been to One World Hotel? Share your experiences!