“Great Value for a decent hotel.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of One World Hotel

You added One World Hotel to your Saves list
One World Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   First Avenue, Bandar Utama City Centre, Petaling Jaya 47800, Malaysia   |
Ranked #2 of 32 Hotels in Petaling Jaya
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Melbourne, Australia
“Great Value for a decent hotel.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

A nice hotel, with conmfortable rooms and friendly helpful staff. The location is not great as it is 25 minutes from KL, and although there is a huge shopping mall next door if shopping is not your thing not really close to anything. However for 120 AUD per night for a hotel of this quality it is a bargain. A quick taxi ride to the train and you can be in KL in 30 minutes. All up a great hotel, great value but you trade off the value for the location. I would pay more next time and stay in KL, however that is not a reflection on the hotel just on the location.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
OneWorldHotel, Public Relations Manager at One World Hotel, responded to this review, February 29, 2012
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for sharing your experience. Though our hotel is at the fringe of Kuala Lumpur, we do offer excellent spacious rooms and excellent MICE facilities. Complimentary shuttle service to down town Kuala Lumpur is also offered on complimentary basis.

Should your travels bring you back to Petaling Jaya, do consider staying with us again.

Florence Leong

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Thai first
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

This hotel is not near the city centre, but rather part of a major suburban development. The hotel itself is connected to a huge shopping centre, so everything is right at hand. Kl is only a 15-20 mins taxi ride away so you are not exactly out of it. The hotel itself is very modern, large rooms and US style twin queen size beds, unusual for Asia and ideal for families. The restaurants and room service are quite good. The breakfast buffet defies description as they try to provide every ethnic dish that defines the wonderful Malaysian food cuisine. Rooms are well tended too and except for the occasional wi-fi issue and television problem (I have stayed many times!) are near perfect. However, who designed the access doors to the commercial building next door that allows hundreds of noisy (and I mean very noisy) office workers to tramp through the hotel every day from 12 to 3 pm? These people seem to have forgotten it is a hotel with some expected privacy and quietness for actual guests. This is a real negative for what otherwise would be a near perfect hotel in KL. A major design fault indeed.

Room Tip: Ask for a room over-looking "Taman Tun Dr Ismael" the neighbourhood and basically overlook...
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for your positive feedback on your recent stay. Unfortunately, there isn't much we can do about the office crowd that uses our hotel lobby during lunch time. Nevertheless, we are glad to know that you enjoyed the overall facilities and services we provide.

We hope to welcome you back soon to One World Hotel.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

Plusses: good location in Petaling Jaya which is about a 20-30 minute taxi ride into KL's downtown area. The hotel is attached to a mall that has tons of restaurants and shopping. This is probably one of the nicer hotels in the area. Good breakfast buffet!

Cons: the rooms are good sized but the bathrooms are not always well cleaned. I noticed hair and mold under the rim of the sink during my last stay. Room service is quick but they have a tendency to get your order wrong. I had to order dinner three times in one night until they finally got it right. Hotel car rides to the airport seem a bit pricey.

• Stayed February 2012
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you experienced. We have taken note of your comments on Housekeeping and Room Service. Hopefully when you next stay with us you'll have a more enjoyable stay.

We sincerely hope that the above incidents will not deter you from visiting us in the near future and you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back.

San Francisco, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Have been staying here during weekdays for about a month now. It is overall a very nice hotel.

Pros: Good service, quality rooms, connected to mall/major office complex and has decent amenities
Cons: Could do better on pricing (charged me half-day for early check-in when Ritz did it for free!), room service food is mediocre but the mall has so many options

Would recommend if you are working nearby or are here for shopping at the huge mall nearby. if you have to go to downtown KL then best to find hotels near there.

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking time to give us your feedback regarding your stay with us. We are glad to know that your overall experience in our hotel has been a pleasant one.

If your travels bring you back to Petaling Jaya, do consider staying with us again.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

This hotel is modern and comfortable. Rooms are big and well-equipped. The king-sized bed is firm and comfortable and is adorned with some firm and soft pillows (whatever takes your fancy); there are a number of cable channels to select from if you decide to stay in; and there is a separate shower (with separate hand-held and rain showerhead) and a bathtub in the bathroom. A baby cot was requested and provided, along with a very cute little pillow and bolster. The flush in the toilet a bit weak - perhaps saving water is part of the hotel's many eco initatives, but then it's a little silly that when I hang up my towels to indicate that I don't need them changed, I found fresh towels every day. I guess you can't blame them for trying.

There is a small lap pool of around 15 metres (??), a kids pool with a water slide and a gym on the 2nd floor. There's also a Thai spa there which is lovely. Try their Thai aromatic massage, I fell asleep during mine. Super relaxing. Breakfast and wifi were included in my room rate. You will not be disappointed with the spread. It is huge!!!

Service at the hotel was a bit patchy. I found that everyone was very friendly but there were a few incidents that annoyed me:

(1) When we checked in, the porter took our luggage. I assumed it would be sent up to our room after we had checked in, like at any other hotel. 20min later, our bags did not materialise and we had to leave as we were meeting some friends. When we got down to the lobby, we saw our luggage sitting forlornly on a trolley. The porter who had initially taken our bags came up to us and asked if we had been assigned a room. I told him our room number and that he could send the bags up even though we were heading out. When we got back at the hotel 1.5 hours later, we saw our bags still sitting in the lobby and they finally joined us in the lift ride back up to our room.

(2) We had asked for some cutlery and tableware from room service as we bought some food from the mall. After it had been delivered, we received a phone call from reception asking if it had arrived. Yes it had. After we were done with our food, we left the food tray outside and called for housekeeping to pick it up. 15min later, we received a phone call from reception asking if it had been collected. We had to go check and no it hadn't. I feel such a hotel shouldn't be calling its guests to ask if their service processes are in place. Shouldn't you be checking with internal staff to find out if your guests' requests have been met? While I appreciate that they are eager to please and ensure that guests are happy, there are other less intrusive (and annoying) ways to ensure good service is delivered. I asked for a "do not disturb" to be placed on our phone thereafter.

The hotel is about a 45min cab ride from KLIA to and from the hotel. From the airport, we paid about RM101 for a premier taxi (counter can found just after you leave the customs area) and going to the airport, the hotel booked a blue taxi for us which cost RM130. I found it more convenient to travel by cab even if it was slightly more expensive than taking a cab. Bit of a hassle to have to take a train to KL Sentral then cab it to the hotel - and I believe a cab works out to be cheaper if there are 3 of more of you traveling together.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest

We are pleased to read that your overall experience in our hotel has been a pleasant one and we thank you for taking time to share your review on TripAdvisor.

We have taken note of your feedback of the porter service and ONE Service. Rest assured, improvement will be made in the areas you mentioned.

In the meantime, we look forward to welcoming you back.

SEREMBAN MALAYSIA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2012

Upon reaching one world hotel door step,i met man and woman in smart jacket greet me with big and friendly smily face. Checked in was fast and friendly instruction given to me. I requested for a 2 queen size beds. Later on added one complimentary roller bed to my room. What impressed me during my stay was the 1 utama shopping centre connected to the hotel. Bed was firm and pillows were soft and nice. Another point was the fantastic buffet breakfast with freshly squeeze orange juice. apple juice. celery juice. carrot juice and i really love the not too sweet homemade yogurt with a variety of puree that you can add to the yogurt. Housekeeping was available anytime and we can easily grab hold of extra tower and drinking water.

Room Tip: higher floor nonsmoking
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
OneWorldHotel, Public Relations Manager at One World Hotel, responded to this review, February 12, 2012
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for your gracious comments. Our team is glad to learn that they have made your stay an enjoyable and satisfying one.

With new retail outlets opening soon in 1 Utama, you'll enjoy shopping there more!

In the meantime, we look forward to welcoming you back to One World Hotel.

Warm regards

Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

I'm a frequent traveller and 50% of my time will be at diff zone with diff temperature. When I said diff temperature, it is a big gap ie from a place of -10 deg to a place of 28 deg cel. To cut the story short, I landed at One World Hotel which I have to categorize them as "People's Hotel". I was terribly sick and hardly able to move. Without the GREAT care of their dedicated staff which I would like to be more specific here, Raffles (Front Office Manager), Raja, Pathma, Maya (Duty Manager) and Nurul, I wouldn't be able to get home and seek immediate medical care. They are the one who went all out to help me as a foreigner who has nobody in KL. I have stayed in many hotels across the globe and in KL city, Oneworld is one of the hotel with full of "people's care".

I therefore highly/strongly recommend this hotel if you are looking for a place like "home", a place whereby the ground staff treats you like "family" instead of "guest". The staff whom I mentioned above are superb, awesome and you can see how passionate they are when comes to attending their guest's safety, comfort etc. Their care and concerns touched my heart and therefore, I decided to share this experience and give them a thumb up for their dedication/passion in their work! Unlike some of the hotels staff with "pretentious" behaviour but those people whom I mentioned are definitely with full of sincerity and even called/text me to ensure that I got home safely. I have no doubt of the service level on the specific department such as front office, concierge and housekeeping ONLY.

Since this hotel is named as "OneWorld", and to be number ONE...it is about time for the Hotel's GM and top management to review and raise the bar of other departments/divisions to be on par with the above departments which already reached the top in terms of service level. Those people I mentioned should be set by the example, because of their passion, dedication and sincerity in their work!

Once again, Raffles, Raja, Maya, Pathma and Nurul - Keep it up guys.... you save my life

Jasmine

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for the extensive review and compliments of our staff. The staff mentioned in the review are indeed happy that you have taken time to write such a wonderful review of our service. We are truly pleased to know that you have had an enjoyable stay with us.

Many best wishes from all us at One World Hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you again!

Florence Leong

Been to One World Hotel? Share your experiences!