“comfortable stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of One World Hotel

You added One World Hotel to your Saves list
One World Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   First Avenue, Bandar Utama City Centre, Petaling Jaya 47800, Malaysia   |
Special Rate
Save up to 33%
Ranked #1 of 29 Hotels in Petaling Jaya
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
“comfortable stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2011

Hotel is located close to Utama Shopping Mall , very convenient for a solo traveler. Hotel staff is warm and welcoming. Breakfast spread has lot to offer to vegetarians. Room rent is not very expensive plus hotel provides office pick facilities at a nominal charge . rooms are quite big.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
oneflo, Assistant Director of Communications at One World Hotel, responded to this review, June 22, 2011
Dear Guptamanoj

On behalf of One World Hotel, I would like to thank you for taking time to review your stay with us.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Florence Leong

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Kuala Lumpur
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2011

Pleasantly surprised. Spacious rooms, very comfy bed, and the food's good. Breakfast buffet spread was fantastic. Coffee house has a lovely atmosphere. Staff are friendly, but discrete. Hotel has a link to the mall. Will definitely stay again if I have the opportunity.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
oneflo, Assistant Director of Communications at One World Hotel, responded to this review, May 4, 2011
Dear Eiffel_K

We are indeed glad to know that you had a pleasant stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Regards.

kl
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2011

i found the women staff quite unfriendly as none of them smiled whenever i had any transactions..... in fact i felt that they tend to look like i was giving them trouble...even at the reception .... except one lady staff , an indian girl at the pool grill who worked during the daytime on tuesday april 26th.

i dont get good vibes from staff of hotel , so i would not reccomend this place, whats the point of having good structure if service is poor

oh and the tv system is hard to work with , very few international channels , kept turning off during check-out time even after extending my stay...

Room Tip: staff shd be better trained, wont reccomend,
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Dear Jmmford

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you taking time to share your experience at One World Hotel. On behalf of the hotel, I would like to apologise for the shortcomings experienced. There is definitely room for improvement and we will do our utmost to improve the service level of our associates.

Nevertheless, we do hope that you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2011

The 1st thing that hit me was that the hotel may be seriously shorthanded, resulting in some kind of disgruntlement which ultimately displayed in the service that was provided. I was welcomed by a non-smiling receptionist in the morning with no genuine effort to make my check in experience pleasant. Although, later in the afternoon, when I approached the same receptionist, he made an effort to welcome me, albeit a little too late as my 1st impression was made.

As mentioned earlier by a reviewer, we were not shown to an empty ready set table during breakfast. We have to scramble about looking for an available table, and with what was available, the tables are not ready. It will either be not cleared, with used plates by the previous occupants still there, or its cleared by not set for the next occupants. When settled down, it was pretty hard to get the staff's attention to either set the table, provide napkins or to refill tea/coffee. On top of these, most of the food has already been emptied from the serving plates by 915am. Breakfast is till 1030am. Does the hotel forecast the food preparation to meet the number of guests they are expecting?

On the same wavelength of my assumption that the hotel may be shorthanded, the staffs preparing food like pancakes/waffles/omelets may be overwhelmed by the orders coming in and thus their dissatisfaction was made known to the guests. I do think twice if I want to queue up for the food as this means I will be received by not so happy cooks. Amidst the lack of service we received, I must say there were some staff, who when they served us, really made an effort to upkeep the standard, and keep the smile and good service attitude with them.

2ndly, I was very surprised that a 5* hotel does not provide free wifi service!

Rooms were as per expectations as what I have surveyed on the hotel's website. My friends from the other room were missing their welcome platter and only when they came to our room did they realized and asked for it. Toiletries were very minimal, again not to the expectation of a 5* hotel. No toothpaste/toothbrush set were provided. Given there are 2 guests in a room, we were only offered 1 set of shower cap and other basic toiletries. Walls do not seem to be very well insulated as I was not very well rested at night due the noises made by other guests. Above all, our room was clean with more than enough space for 2 and we felt very comfortable in it.

The swimming pool is not big however there is a fun slide for the kids at the other smaller pool.

The staff also could do with more attention to details. A request for late check-out was made and acknowledged, however we still get locked out before the time.

Thann Spa being there made the stay so much better. My best experiences were at the spa. It is a must visit for me.

Overall it is not a terrible experience at the hotel but definitely not 5* standard. If this was a 3*, I will have probably have provided positive feedback.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Kuala Lumpur
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2011

after a week of thinking where to go for my wife's bday, we decided to just be in KL and spend the weekend in leisure at One Utama. And the perfect hotel to stay for this purpose is One World which is connected to the One Utama shopping mall. with lots of places to eat, things to buy and 2 cinema theatres...what else do you need for a weekend break?

the hotel was good in all aspects. from the moment we valet the car till we got into our rooms, the service was good. We paid RM400 for the weekend rate. my opinion, it was value for money. mind you i have paid more for less. I cant review much on the dining as we mostly ate out. we did have the bfast buffet. it was ok, no fuss no buzz. Overall, great experience. Would definitely come back here if I were to have another short break.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
oneflo, Assistant Director of Communications at One World Hotel, responded to this review, April 20, 2011
Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your review on TripAdvisor. It is always good to hear from guests of their pleasant experience in our hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back to One World Hotel in the not too distant future.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2011

My husband and I stayed here from 17 to 18 Feb 2011. We chose this hotel because we wanted to shop at 1Utama which is connected to the hotel and also because of the good reviews in Tripadvisor. We are very very happy we stayed here and wish we could stay longer. Our deluxe room was on the 11th floor (non smoking floor). We paid SGD 155 a night with breakfast.

Room : Stylish and quiet elegance. Comfortable bed with different types of pillows. Digital TV with international channels. Aircon works well. Everyhing looks new and clean. Reasonably spacious. The extra nice touch was the digital TV displayed my name and had a welcome message.

Bathroom : Has separate bathtub and shower area. Not large but enough space. Same stlyish and quiet elegance. Has a rain shower.

Breakfast : Yummy ! Very wide variety (Western, Asian, Indian, Japanese). Tasty. Has 4 types of freshly squeezed juices, wow ! Did not eat any other meals at the hotel as we ate at 1Utama.

Swinmming pool : Very inviting and spacious, but I did not swim (too busy shopping). There is a fitness room but I did not go in.

Spa : My husband went for the 90min massage at Thann Santuary and was very satisfied. I went 10min before the end of his session and I was served tea even though I was not a customer. Nice touch.

Location : This hotel is connected to 1Utama shopping mall. Great place to shop and eat. I heard that the old wing of 1Utama is undergoing renovation soon (eg, Jusco department store will be closed for 6 months from end of Feb 2011). The hotel is also connected to an office building. Less than 5min drive away is the cluster of malls comprising The Curve, Ikea etc. The hotel has a free shuttle bus that goes to a few places at certain timings. Of course 1Utama and The Curve cannot be compared to the Bukit Bintang area which has more malls and other shops.

Service : Check in took less than 10min. Check out took about 1min (already paid at time of booking). We got the king size bed and non smoking room we booked for. Conceige was patient and helpful when I asked them to check whether my flight the next day was still at the time. Paid RM 90 for taxi to KL LCCT airport and it takes less than 1 hour.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
oneflo, Assistant Director of Communications at One World Hotel, responded to this review, March 22, 2011
Dear Ginkonut

Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback. We are delighted to know that you and your husband have had an enjoyable stay. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2011

my compliments to the staff of the hotel who took so great care of my kids, allowing me to take care of business.
nothing was good enough to ensure their happiness. A great alternative to the Sunway hotel with less traffic and better neighbourhood
I will now make it my home whenever I will come to Malaysia.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Dear worldtraveller98765

On behalf of the hotel, I would like to thank you for taking time to review your recent stay with us. We are delighted to know that our service has lived up to your expectations. Rest assured, I will personally passed your compliments to the staff you mentioned.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Assistant Director of Communications

Been to One World Hotel? Share your experiences!