“Has the potential, but needs serious attention!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Royale Bintang The Curve

Save Saved
You added Royale Bintang The Curve to your Saves list
Royale Bintang The Curve
6, Jalan PJU 7/3 | Mutiara Damansara, Petaling Jaya 47800, Malaysia (Formerly Royale Bintang Damansara)   |
Ranked #12 of 26 hotels in Petaling Jaya
Leuven, Belgium
“Has the potential, but needs serious attention!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

Recent, well located, nice size rooms and good beds and bathrooms. But... Mold on the ceilings, walpaper peeling off, unhealthy smelling airco, no working controls on the airco, sloppy housekeeping, uninspired breakfast offering, terrible chinese music in an infinite loop, ... Nothing that I would really file a complaint for, but I will avoid this place if I can find a similar price elsewhere.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
royalebintang, Manager at Royale Bintang The Curve, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear slowlyraoundtheworld

Your comments are well received and we have taken note the whole situation of your unfortunate encounters. Rest assured that corrective action is being taken to improve the service and to train our staff to be more pro-active in addressing to our guests’ requests such as yours. I regret that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. We are sure you will notice our commitment to world class service during your next stay with us! Would you kindly contact me at royalebintang@gmail.com so that I can personally assure you that there will not be such encounters the next time when you visit our hotel.

162 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
SIngapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Check-in
The counter is just manned by 2 persons at most and sometimes there is only one person who is also multitasking as phone-operator. The hotel has seen better times. The furnishings look old and the Christmas decoration looks tired. The near by newer Royale Bintang looked so much better.

Rooms
We had 2 connecting rooms which were huge!.. Minus point being that the beds are hard, so hard.. There are no bath tubs in the bathrooms too.

Breakfast
The food is repeated on both days and the quality is below par. Sevice was sullen. The service staff seem to be from another country too.

Check-out
Check out was quick. I had a problem trying to pay for the carpark charges at the machine which kept rejecting the carpark ticket. I ran up and down the carpark and hotel lobby. In the end, they simply open the gantry and let us through without paying.

Location
Fantastic location with 2 shopping centers on the left and right of the hotel and Ikea and another shopping mall across the road. Further down the road, there is also a hypermart Tesco. There is no shortage of choices for meals either.

My husband and I had a nice scrub and massage at the spa.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear syen27

Kuching, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

The family room we stayed in was very comfortable for 3 adults and 2 young kids. There was a king bed and 2 twin beds. The bathroom/toilet was huge with a bath and shower. The reception was efficient. Breakfast was a mix of local and western food. This hotel is all about location. There are 2 shopping centers in the vicinity of the hotel and lots of eateries. Would definitely stay here in future.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Aquajade

Thank you for staying with us during your recent trip. We are glad to note that you did have a pleasant stay with Royale Bintang. We are happy to be able to meet your expectations! We do hope to see you more often! Please do contact me at royalebintang@gmail.com when you next stay with us.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012 via mobile

Service is good, breakfast was the same every morning so not much of a selection.
Rooms were good and clean, bed was very hard, I like a firm mattress but that was beyond firm.

Overall I would stay there again, maybe will try the other location down the street the next time

• Stayed December 2012
Dear Surfra

taiping,malysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

we spent two lovely days here...their welcome drink was so refreshing.Our car was safe in the cool car park.We were transported into another world the shopping lots were within reach.Breakfast was great.We enjoyed our three tiered tea set..simply superb.We are coming again soon.

Room Tip: you can ask for a non -smoking room if you wish
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear kuavathi

Shanghai, China
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I am one night into a 3 night stay and to be honest it's not been great so far. I organised a pickup from the airport as the last time I came to Malaysia I could not get any cash out of the ATMs, but after coming through immigration around 10pm no-one turned up. 40 frustrating minutes later I finally managed to ascertain that they had messed up the booking - could I take a taxi please as it would take another hour for someone to get to the airport? At least they offered to pay for the taxi (though I haven't seen it come off my bill yet).

When I arrived at the hotel after midnight, I wanted to send off the emails I had written on the plane and then get straight to bed. Luckily I had stayed here on a previous trip and knew wifi was only available in the lobby so the first thing I did was to hook up my iPad to the internet, except that it didn;t work. Apparently they still haven't upgraded their log-in system which is not compatible with iOS 6 (they've only had about 3 months to sort it out). Wired only access in the room, so couldn't send until I got into the office today.

Room is fine - boiling hot when I got in but soon cooled down, bed reasonably comfortable and shower hot & powerful so scores better ont hat scale but I don't think they have replaced the towels for a few years as the ones in my room are thin and frayed at the edges. Breakfast pretty limited and if the Starbucks across the road were open before 8 I would go there instead. Big plus is lots of restaurants right on your doorstep to choose from for dinner in the evening.

Overall pretty poor so far - hoping it improves!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear RobJenFredandTed

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Disadvantages, they are few
-No robes in the rooms.
-Breakfast - 3 out of 5-point scale.
It would be nice to add cheese, yogurt, vegetables, salads, fish and fry all in a smaller amount of oil. For 2 weeks we were there especially in the menu did not change, every day the same.

Pros

Cleaning-perfect, every day I was out of bed and towels.
This room has a hair dryer and an iron.

-We lived on the same floor for smokers, but the smell of smoke, we never felt.
Our room overlooked the street, not on a walking street, so it was quiet in the room.
The perfect place for those who come to shop. Next 2 huge supermarket, IKEA, Tesco. As a result, 4 shops surround you with an excellent choice.

Staff very friendly, smiling.

-I want to say a special thank you to the hotel administrator. When we are in a terrible situation. The child broke a finger on the escalator in the store and the hotel staff immediately organized the nearest medical help, then helped to call an ambulance, helped with registration, and the day of discharge came from a team of 5 people with a basket of fruit and a toy for a child. Then we were taken from the hospital by car the hotel (and did not take the extra costs!)
I felt like the president's wife :).
Therefore, no breakfast or other disadvantages can not be compared with these wonderful people.
Thank you very much!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Yulia H

Been to Royale Bintang The Curve? Share your experiences!