“The best hotel I ever stayed in.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Villas at Sunway Resort Hotel & Spa

You added The Villas at Sunway Resort Hotel & Spa to your Saves list
The Villas at Sunway Resort Hotel & Spa
4.5 of 5 Villa   |   Persiaran Lagoon, Bandar Sunway, Petaling Jaya 47500, Malaysia   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Couple's Escapade
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
“The best hotel I ever stayed in.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

This is a wonderful place, excellent service (the best during in our 10 day stay in Malaysia), breakfast is one of the best I personally ever had, rooms are spacious and can easily fit a family of four. My kids loved the place, so many things to do, from enjoying the day at the theme parks to just relax at the awesome swimming pool. Food and drinks were priced reasonable and my only regret is that I booked for only 2 nights.
I will definitely come back and I strongly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Get a room on the upper floors you'll enjoy a better view of the theme parks.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Simon W, Manager at The Villas at Sunway Resort Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, March 25, 2012
Dear Mr. Dany I,

We would like to extend our warmest thank you and your family for choosing to stay with us at Sunway Resort Hotel & Spa. It is with great pleasure to receive your honest feedback and experience while staying with us and this will continuously drive us to make our guest experience a memorable one in the future.

We do hope to see you again in the near future when you and your family decides to stay more than 2 nights.

Thanks and regards

The Sunway Resort Hotel & Spa Management

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Arabic first
Perth, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2011

We only stayed here for one night and thought very highly of this hotel. The staff were so friendly at check & gave us a free room upgrade to Clubrooms. The view from our room was so great over looking the theme park on the top floor. The room was very clean & bathroom came with great toiletries. The breakfast was one of the best we have had in a hotel & the pool area was amazing but the water was freezing!! Location is great if you have kids plenty to entertain them with or if you want to escape for a couple of days. We can not wait to stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2011

book in advance as this place is in demand and ppl in staff r courteous n warm. u get sumptuous buffet breakfast and all kind of water sports under one roof so wht r u waiting for jst go n enjoy the property

Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

The old adage "You get what you pay for" really applies here. Very well set out Villas, with a secluded balcony, excellent room, private pool, and your very own Breakfast and dinner restaurant.
Don't forget the Cocktails between 5.30 and 7.30pm.
Will stay here again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
abu dhabi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2011

My wife and I spent the first 2 nights of our trip to Malaysia in these villas. It is such an amazing place. Truly wonderful. I will try to summarize in points the highlights and advice:
- Amazing private pool
- Wonderful and huge bathtub / jacuzzi in bathroom
- The private pool and the huge bathtub with the exquisite bath menu available were the highlight of our stay
- Lovely rain shower in bathroom
- Plan properly, and MAKE SURE you take your preferred insect repellant with you when you travel to Malaysia (don't make the same mistake we did) or you will suffer infinite mosquito and insect bites
- 2 to 3 night stay for leisure travelers is just right, as it gives you just enough time to enjoy yourself and endulge in the villa luxuries / amenities, as well as explore / have fun in the sunway theme park / lagoon next door (all part of one huge development)
- Unfortunately, mosquitos limited our time and enjoyment outdoors, even around the villa's pool
- Try to AVOID staying on weekends or national holidays, because there is most probably a party in the adjacent sunway amusement park and the extremely unbearable loud sound of music and karaoke will SURELY interrupt your peace and quiet even at night time as these villas are not soundproofed and are right next to the park
- Absolutely amazing villas, very romantic
- Perfect for honeymooners
- Burgers from the in-room dinning menu are absolutely delicious!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2011

I noticed that it has been a while since I last post a review and it has also been while that this hotel received a review. I suppose partly because they have been mostly patronised by the Middle Eastern tourist from what I have been made to understand.

I have just came back from a night stay at the Villa as a surprise to my wife for our 16th wedding anniversary. For the local, this place is definitely not your typical weekend getaway that you can do often considering the price range but it is well worth the money spent if you have such special occasion.

It was an off peak period when we were there so the resort is practically empty and so the hotel wouldnt mind offering us some flexibility like early check and late check out, getting the best room possible etc.

We were allowed early check in at 2pm (I was told the check in time is 4pm for this hotel). Check in at the Pavillion was a breeze and soon after we were "driven" to our room. Everything about the room is spacious and luxurious but you would expect all this for the price. It looks a bit dated but acceptable. To upkeep this " alway new" as some guests would expect is not an easy task but I must say that efforts are there to maintain the villa in a pristine condition. I even saw during my walk upon check out that they were doing some repair or maintenance work to one of the unit.

Upon entry of your villa, you will first see the outside dining area and the pool and there will be another door to enter your room. I particularly like this since it gives you total privacy and control to your villa. We had a cande lit three course dinner in our villa that nite and the layout of the room still offer us the privacy in our room whilst they are busy preparing the set up for the dinner by our private pool.

There are plenty of amenities and extras in the room. They even provide a Nakamichi CD player and a DVD player so you can bring your own disc to watch a movie or two. However, the TV picture quality is not so good despite being equipped with a flatscreen TV unit.

The pool area offers us the privacy that we wanted but looking at the other villas, I dont think some offers the same level of privacy. Maybe the hotel should consider planting more plants and trees in front of the pool for some of the rooms. So make sure you get the best room if you can. Mine was room number 116 by the way.

Food was excellent. From the cocktail at the Pavillion, the private candle lit 3 course dinner in our villa and breakfast too.

I would like to make special mention to Mr Azmil from the resort who has gone the extra mile to ensure that I have a memorable celebration with my wife. From securing me the best room possible, arranging a complimentary cake for my wife etc.

It is this kind of people that makes a difference to upkeep the high standard for this type of resort / hotel.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Bangalore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2010

We stayed here for 3 nights during our honeymoon.

We stayed at the Villas at Sunway Lagoon resort.

Amazing...outstanding...fabuolous... would also be not enough

The Villas are huge...with your own plunge pool. You have a butler assigned to you. Even for breakfast and evening supper, the chef will ask what you want to have and they'll prepare accordingly.

They pamper you so much and treat you like a king.

If you're on a honeymoon..this is the place to be

• Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
RekhaDutt, Public Relations Manager at The Villas at Sunway Resort Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, May 17, 2010
Dear Sir,

Many thanks for your compliments. We are glad that you enjoyed your honeymoon at The Villas at Sunway Resort Hotel & Spa, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

On behalf of the hotel, congratulations on your marriage and we wish you a lifetime of wedded bliss.

Yours sincerely,
Rekha Dutt
Director of Marketing Communications

Been to The Villas at Sunway Resort Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!