“Nice room - good restaurant - great location for work” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Eastin Hotel Petaling Jaya

You added Eastin Hotel Petaling Jaya to your Saves list
Eastin Hotel Petaling Jaya
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   13, Jalan 16/11 | Pusat Dagang Seksyen 16, Petaling Jaya 46350, Malaysia   |
Ranked #4 of 32 Hotels in Petaling Jaya
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Nice room - good restaurant - great location for work”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

I usually stay at the Eastin PJ for work trip:
- it is well located near Petaling Jaya, Shah Alam
so if your job takes you to go around Kuala Lumpur and you dont need to go to center. that hotel is great
If you drive, it is easily accessible.
there is a big car park at the basement
- the room and bed are really nice
- there are a few restaurants.
in case you wish to have more option, bangsar is nearby and provide all the restaurant that you need.

Room Tip: Make sure that you mention whether you want a king size bed or a twin bed. Also do not forget to me...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Jane S, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Petaling Jaya, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Dear Stoufensen

Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor .

I am delighted you stay with us on your business trips & would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your favourable comments on our facilities & services offered.

Wishing you a successful year ahead & look forward to welcoming you back soon to the Eastin Hotel Petaling Jaya .

Jane Suppiah

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Perth, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

I stayed here in mid December , upon checking in mid afternoon after a hot hard slog around the golf course I was informed sorry we have no running water due to a burst pipe, but it should be restored in about an hour. Come 10pm at night still no running water in rooms, dinner plans cancelled, grumpy girlfriend, you get the picture.
Whilst I appreciate that the incident was beyond the control of the hotel not to even mention it when we checked out in the morning nor respond to an email I sent via the we site is appalling customer service. Feel like it's a case of they have my money and they've ran...
Hotel itself is fine if a little isolated location wise, but due to above will not be returning nor recommending to associates.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Jane S, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Petaling Jaya, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear stockyinoz

Thank you for taking time to review your stay at Eastin Hotel Petaling Jaya .

Please accept my sincere apologies on the inconvenience & frustration caused by a burst water pipe in December. Our Engineering team worked round the clock to rectify the problem & water was restored to all parts of the hotel by 11pm.

Once again , our sincere apologies .

I am appreciative that you think the hotel itself is fine . Within a 1.5km to 3km radius are shopping malls , entertainment & dining outlets . For the convenience of hotel guests , there is a complimentary pre-scheduled shuttle service to these malls as well as to KL Sentral train station .

I do sincerely hope you will give us another chance to restore your confidence in us & look forward to the opportunity of welcoming both you and your girlfriend back .

Best Wishes for the year ahead .

Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

Stayed here for convenience because my course was being conducted at the same hotel.
Amenities were alright although the sheets look a bit dated. Food though, was great and there was quite a variety for breakfast and lunch! Loved it!

What stumped me though, was that the sauna was only for men! I didn't ask why but this has to be the first hotel I've stayed at that didn't offer sauna for its lady guests. We are after all, paying guests. Logistics wise - you will have to take a cab to get to KL Central and it cost me RM10.00 one way.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear Tigerlily5001

Thank you for your recent review of the Eastin Hotel Petaling Jaya .

The sauna is outsourced to an independent spa operator & their spa facilities are a male domain.

I would like to take this opportunity to highlight the hotel offers a complimentary pre-scheduled shuttle service to nearby shopping malls as well as to the KL Sentral train station . Our Concierge team will be ever-so -ready to provide you with more comprehensive details on request.

I do hope you will return to stay with us & look forward to seeing you at the Eastin Hotel Petaling Jaya.

Best Wishes for 2014 .

Johor Bahru, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

The service is superb! I have run out my drinking water in my room, but once I asked for reception help, the waiter sent me 3 more bottles to my room in 15 minutes ^^. A lot of food choices in breakfast, and it is delicious. I like the FOX movie premium channel provided in tv. Internet speed is fast! Even no issue for me to gaming. Iron equipment is prepared in wardrobe, thus I can make myself dress well for my appointment everyday. Laundry is easy to do it and efficient.

The shower water is quite hard to adjust to the hot area, lucky the hot water temperature still acceptable, probably it is my room problem only. The pillow is too soft for me.

Overall, this is a very good hotel! I am looking forward for my next business trip to stay in Eastin Hotel again!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear Involker

I can’t thank you enough for your very gracious review of our services & facilities .

Encouraging and appreciate comments such as yours go a long way in motivating & spurring our team to do better.

The team & I look forward to welcoming you back to the Eastin Hotel Petaling Jaya in 2014 .

Best Wishes for a successful & rewarding year ahead.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

A very well maintained hotel. We got an upgrade to the executive level, nice room with complete facilities. They were kind enough to offer us a baby cot. The breakfast buffet was rm49++, great variety. Oh and free wifi in the room. This place would be ideal for those on a business trip.

Stayed December 2013
Dear Leyana W

Thank you for your kind comments & review of our hotel .

Yes , it is definitely an ideal hotel for those on a business trip & we are indeed positioned to be the preferred business hotel for business travellers in Petaling Jaya .

I certainly hope we will be your preferred hotel of choice in 2014 & the years to come .

Looking forward to welcoming you back to the Eastin Hotel Petaling Jaya .

Best Wishes for 2014.

Johor Bahru, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

Overall experience was good.
1. Staff were friendly and
2. rooms were spacious and comfortable.
2. Requested for a baby cot and it was a pretty nice cot. My baby slept like she was at home.

Only cons were:
1. Kettle was not working
2. 1 of the light bulbs by the bed side not working
3. Safe deposit was not working

The staff had to come over a few times and my baby was woken up and our dinner was delayed as we needed to put our stuff in the safe deposit.
Having said that, the manager felt bad and gave us a pair of complementary breakfast.
Nothing much to complain about.

• Stayed December 2013
Dear joetan52

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and that you found the overall experience good.

I am happy to note that our team resolved the issue you had with our in – room safe deposit box. I am sorry that as a result of this you were delayed for your dinner appointment but more importantly your baby was woken up. Having had 2 children of my own , I totally empathize with the stress (for both parent & child) of putting young ones back to sleep again.

However, having said this I am happy to note she found the cot comfortable & "slept like she was at home ".

Your comment on the kettle & little bulb have been duly noted & will through our preventive maintenance program be addressed & rectified .

I hope you will return to stay with us soon & look forward to welcoming you back to the Eastin Hotel Petaling Jaya soon .

Best Wishes to you and your loved ones for 2014 .

Quezon City, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

The hotel is nice-- impressive structure, nice, big rooms, comfy duvet. My only concern is that it is quite far from everything. As a business traveler I like walking around or exploring nearby areas after a long day. This however is not possible with Eastin as I am not even sure I would see anything nearby (other than golf course!).

they have shuttle to 1Utama and other malls though but still, this is quite limited time only. For some reasons, I also had problems with wifi in room as I always get disconnected.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear 96C

Thank you for taking the time to review the Eastin Hotel Petaling Jaya .

I have taken note of your favourable comments with regards the hotel.

I do agree the perfect way to de-stress after a hard day’s work is to go for a walk . We do have available a joggers/walkers map giving you details of walking paths surrounding the hotel. This is available from our Concierge counter & the team will be delighted to provide further details .

I do apologise that you found your WIFI being disconnected. We run daily “health” checks to ensure that our WIFI connectivity is running at peak capacity . Let me assure you we place great importance on this & act immediately to rectify any issues brought to our attention.

Hope to be able to welcome you back to the Eastin Hotel Petaling Jaya soon.

Best Wishes for a successful 2014.

Jane Suppiah

Been to Eastin Hotel Petaling Jaya? Share your experiences!