“Good business hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Eastin Hotel Petaling Jaya

You added Eastin Hotel Petaling Jaya to your Saves list
Eastin Hotel Petaling Jaya
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   13, Jalan 16/11 | Pusat Dagang Seksyen 16, Petaling Jaya 46350, Malaysia   |
Ranked #3 of 29 Hotels in Petaling Jaya
Melbourne, Australia
“Good business hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I recently returned to the hotel for a 1 night stay. The staff were very accommodating in offering an early check in, and expediting my morning check in process, as flight had been delayed an I was late for a meeting. Eastin Deluxe Suite on the 17th floor is a great room. Pool and gym facilities are nice. All in all a pleasant relaxing stay, and one I would deem good value for money.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Jane S, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Petaling Jaya, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear Sunandsnow255100

Thank for you taking the time to review our hotel & for making us your preferred choice of hotel again .

Wherever possible it is always our aim to try & accommodate early check in requests subject to room availability.

Just for your information , we are building a bigger & more well equipped gym located on the 3rd floor . The floor to ceiling glass windows offer refreshing views of the beautifully landscaped garden & pool . The Gym is scheduled to be completed by the 7th of August . We hope you will utilize this facility on your next visit .
Looking forward to welcoming you back to the Eastin Hotel Petaling Jaya .

Eastin Hotel Petaling Jaya

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I went to Malaysia in semi-February . I booked at Eastin hotel . I stayed for 30 nights . It was a beautiful luxury hotel , in all fields and was treated me very excellent staff .The fact that was my first visit to Malaysia and I do not know where tourist places . I used to ask the person in charge of the gym and pool he's name Razi (a wonderful person) he likes to tolk with me . It is here the aspects of him all the respect and salute .. in fact there was a small problem in the toilet only ( use toilet wipes ) .. I am a Muslim used water for washing and cleaning .. thank you to all staff at the hotel .. thanks to my friend Razi .. thank you for the hotel manager

• Stayed February 2013
Jane S, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Petaling Jaya, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Dear fadnash

Thank you for your kind review of the Eastin Hotal Petaling Jaya .

I am very happy to note that you enjoyed your stay with us & the team looks forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Stayed in the deluxe room which comes with breakfast for 1 night during the weekend.

Check-in: was fast, good service from front desk.
Room: Spacious, clean, comfy bed, air-cond works well, strong complimentary Wi-Fi, clean bathroom, has that luxury feeling which you would expect from Eastin.
Breakfast: Good.
Location: Great..5-10 minutes drive to OneUtama shopping malls depending on traffic
Facilities & Services: Gym was well equipped, spent an hour for work-out, 24/7 in room dining - food was delicious & free parking for in house guest.

Overall, if you are looking for a short weekend escape in KL, good location, great service, comfort stay and value for money..probably the best rate among luxury yet affordable hotels in PJ and Damansara area..Eastin ticks all the boxes. My personal preferred hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Jane S, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Petaling Jaya, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear TheWorldFromMyEyes

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel .

There is nothing more rewarding than positive endorsement from satisfied clients . I will definitely pass on your feedback to our team members.

Thank you ever so much for making us your personal preferred hotel of choice .We are indeed delighted !

I hope you will return to stay with us soon & look forward to the time to being able to welcome you back .

Shah Alam, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Stayed at the hotel for 2 nights in the deluxe room. Used a special voucher that allowed me to get the room at lower price than usual. Had a good experience staying at this hotel for the first time and I'd rather describe it by putting into the pros n cons form.

Pros:
1) Based on my own experience and other TA members, I'm totally agreed that the room is great. Spacious, close to luxurious, comfy bed and well-functioning air condition.
2) The bathroom is great too. Separate shower n bath up, and the water flows real fast making your shower so exciting.
3) LCD tv with appropriately clear channels as supposedly.
4) Wall to wall carpeted
5) Cute reading light attached to the bed head-frame, nice for bed time reading.
6) Swimming pool is well-taken care, a bit small but adequate.
7) Ample space for parking
8) Love the cleanliness and well-kept of the visitors walking area outside the room. Smell so refreshing in fact.

Cons:
1) There was sound of water moving in the pipeline (coming from toilets of above room perhaps) at the area of wardrobe, which is rather near to the bed. That was quite annoying as the sound was significantly loud. Something need to be done, perhaps by having a more sound proof material to the wall.
2) Some of the furnitures; tv rack, wardrobe door and study table seem quite old and need to be refurbished. The wardrobe door got stuck most of the time.
3) Buffet breakfast was average and standard, not as I expected earlier. In Swaz Brasserie, the 1st morning (Monday), the menu was kinda appealing and exciting. Other than continental dishes as mainly served for typical buffet b'fast in hotels, they served nasi lemak, fried rice, and sort-of-claypot-chic-rice as some of the main course. And surely they had all the fruits, juices, yogurt, cold-cut, salad, cereals, eggs, noodles, dimsum and pastries served. Visitors were not so many as foods need not to be refill frequently. But on the 2nd day ( Tuesday), no nasi lemak but they served roti canai (which was cut into small pieces and seemed to finish fast each time after refill), fried kuey teow, loh see fun and yogurt rice. The rest were just as same as the day before. And to a surprise, the foods were not refill accordingly n adequately (provided many visitors on that day which perhaps the kitchen shall check with the registration counter). This made me realize why there are different reviews on breakfast from other TA members. Some say great buffet spread and some said average. Because the spread perhaps is not exciting as everyday. Appreciate the effort to change menu but it was kinda confused when you can have a day with menu of rices and not for the next. I'd suggest to have nasi lemak n roti canai as the main dish and the others fried stuff can be rotated daily. However the staff of Swaz Brasserie worked well to treat the visitors.
4) The housekeeping service was a bit slow to attend my request. The housekeeper came to clean the room on the 2nd day and forgot to change the towel n clean the toilet. Fortunately I was in the room and managed to tell him so. Then, called 3 times before check out requesting for laundry bag and to finally got it from a stuff who actually came to check the minibar.
5) Restaurants and shoppings are not within walking distance. Preferably traveling with cars to stay here.
6) No pipe for the toilet which I believe kinda difficult for Muslim visitors.

Based on the web, my room is actually rated at around RM400 if without the voucher which I spent <RM250/night. I enjoyed the stay but if I were to spend at the actual rate, I perhaps look for other alternatives of better standard.

Room Tip: Higher floor, facing the residential area instead of the expressway
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Wadat

Thank you for taking the time to write a lengthy review of the Eastin Hotel Petaling Jaya .

I am delighted to note you had a good experience on your previous stay which had prompted you to return.

All points raised have been taken note of & will be looked into for overall improvement where applicable . In particular, your comments on food have been forward to the Executive Chef .Slow service of housekeeping has also been noted & we apologize for this .

We do have restaurants & shops in the vicinity of the hotel . The hotel also provides prescheduled shuttle services to nearby shopping malls such as Tropicana City Mall, Bangsar Shopping Mall & LRT stations such as the KL Sentral transportation hub.

Please either do call the hotel direct for our attractive & affordable promotional rates or visit our eastin website (eastin.com ).

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Eastin Hotel Petaling Jaya soon .

Melaka, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Arrived early at 930 am.
Anticipated that I'm unable to check in early, but tried my luck with the Check in Counter staff.
Yes, Room only available at 2pm. No problem.

Came back at 130 pm and attended by SAME person (Indian staff) and requested for the room.
He initially said no room available without even checking and asked me to wait at 2 pm.
I declined to wait and asked him to check (what does 30 minutes make a difference). I have seen many guests checked out that 930 am in the morning!
Then only he reluctantly checked me in - wow! there was room available! what the heck!
And no smiles at all! Do you think I stayed there for free??

FYI, I have been to many other 4-5 star hotels. Check in at 12 pm was also entertained because a lot of guests leave early in the morning.

Came the second day which I needed to check out. At 830 am, Nicely requested for late check out until 2 pm to the front desk staff (who is a "mat salleh"?) due to my meeting ending at 130 pm that day. No smiles at all!

The answer was NO because rooms were full. Only up to 12 pm was allowed (standard hotel check out time). I acknowledged.
Then I called again from office at 1030 am requesting for late check out. Same mat salleh attended the call. Same answer. Then I said, I have seen many checked out that morning and what is the problem with just extra 2 hours? After long pause, he checked and allowed me for late check out at 1 pm only.
I accepted but why so difficult?

At the time of my actual check out and payment, the same mat salleh boy who attended me still didnt smile.
How frustrating service from such hotel in PJ.

Breakfast was good.
Room was OK.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Jane S, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Petaling Jaya, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear MF15

First , please allow me to thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your recent stay .

Thank you for understanding that check in time is after 2pm . I am sorry that there was no attempt (to quote the over-used cliché) to "go the extra mile " or provide "service -with-a-smile " on the part of the Front Desk team to check on room availability . This is not the high standard of welcome & hospitality that we are known for & for which most of our guests commend us on .

We do understand the need for prompt staff response to clients requests and this fact is reinforced through our on-going training programs.

I am truly sorry for the inconvenience caused & hope you will provide us with another opportunity to be of service to you .

Kuala Lumpur
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Having lived in Kuala Lumpur for 7 years it was an obvious choice for our weekend stopover to see friends in the TTDI area. Friendly staff, clean and comfortable Club room, and excellent food.
Only complaint was it took 4 days to fix the room telephone. (Had a mobile so not a real problem except in emergency to the front desk!)

Room Tip: Ensure that the telephone is working and that wifi is functioning.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear muzzyKualaLumpur

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Eastin Hotel Petaling Jaya .

Delighted to note your comments on our friendly staff , clean and comfortable club rooms not to mention our excellent food .

I am sorry to hear that your phone took the time it did to be fixed . The Director of Rooms has been alerted to this fact & we apologize for the inconvenience caused .

Thank you for the feedback & we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

Pauatahanui, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

My first visit to Jetaling Jaya, and this wont' be my last. This is a well organised well run hotel, and i great value. Breakfasts were great. Room was tidy, clean and well laid out. INternet was fast. Staff were very polite and helpful. Its well located on some major roadways so easy to get to.
I'll be back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear mrpackethead

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience during your last stay with the Eastin Hotel Petaling Jaya .

Your kind comments will definitely be appreciated by all our team members .

I am delighted to note you will return and look forward to being able to welcome you back soon.

Eastin Hotel Petaling Jaya

Been to Eastin Hotel Petaling Jaya? Share your experiences!