“Can't ask for more...except a better gym facility” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Eastin Hotel Petaling Jaya

You added Eastin Hotel Petaling Jaya to your Saves list
Eastin Hotel Petaling Jaya
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   13, Jalan 16/11 | Pusat Dagang Seksyen 16, Petaling Jaya 46350, Malaysia   |
Ranked #4 of 32 Hotels in Petaling Jaya
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Can't ask for more...except a better gym facility”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

This was my 2nd stay, last time I landed there because of my bad experieince at the hotel I booked and this time I booked at my will. Will be precise in evaluating.

Faced 2 issues: 1st morning the hot water wast availabe to have shower, reported it and things were rectified by next day. The Room safe was not functional, was too lazy to report so dint and thus cant comment on housekeeping attentivness.

Good - Fantastic Room, Spacious Hotel, Nice Breakfast, Acceptable Staff, Nice WI-FI, Multi linguial front desk staff

Can be better - Sitting Space in the lobby

Not up to the mark - Gym Facility, very small, no trainer/attendent, just has 2 treadmill (one working and one out of order), a bench and few dumbells (not even a multi gym) and a gym ball

Looking at the price, it seems to be the a good value for money though. A thumbs up for me.

Room Tip: Higher floor the better as the hptel is surrounded by high rise buildings
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Jane S, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Petaling Jaya, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear BDPharma

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel & bring to my attention the issues you faced .

On a positive note , I am happy you found our room "fantastic " & the hotel "spacious" with nice WIFI. All guestrooms come inclusive of complimentary WIFI.

I am sorry about the hot water issue and evnethough it was fixed the next day , it should have been identified & rectified before you checked in . Our housekeeping staff have been alerted to be extra thorough in their room checks which should have also picked out the dysfunctional room safe.

My sincere apologies for both of the above inconveniences .

With regards to your comment on the gym , I am pleased to advise that plans are in the offing to renovate & relocate our gym to an alternative, larger location on the 3rd floor (close to the tennis courts & overlooking the pool) . The gym should be completed over the next 3 months . Hotel guests can also look forward to new & an expanded range of gym equipment.

I sincerely hope you will visit the Eastin Hotel Petaling Jaya soon to experience the changes that have been made with regards to the gym.

Eastin Hotel Petaling Jaya

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Melaka, Malaysia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

On 17th Apr, at your reception I was asked whether to deposit a sum amount in order for me consume the room's mini bar (Is this still a business hotel?). I said no as I assumed I would not consume, but if to consume then only paid upon checking out. The moment I entered the room, the room service knocked my door and asked permission to 'remove' all the mini bar items with a big plastic bag. I get insulted in a business hotel like this. I called the guest service with couple of attempts as no one was picking up the phone, to address my concern, just with apologies but no understanding to ask whether the minibar should be refilled, apparently the pre-paid RM150 mini bar consumption policy can't be breached, regardless the guest's feeling, you got to pay before consume. I told the guest service, it's an insult to a business traveler on such policy and the removal practice when guest was in the room. No reaction or rather untrained guest service to confirm with me again whether the mini-bar needs to be refilled. My credit card particular was with you, even my identity. This is a terrible incident I never experienced and hard to believe it occurs in your hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Jane S, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Petaling Jaya, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Sean_LeeKS

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at our hotel .

As a procedure all guests who check in are asked to place a MYR 150 deposit to cover any incidental charges (which may include mini bar charges , room service/restaurant bills , telepehone calls ) . In the event no deposit is placed, then the mini -bar is cleared to avoid any inconvenience to guest that might arise if bills are disputed on check-out and all other transacttions are on a cash basis..

The incidental charge deposit is a standard practice in most if not all hotels be it business or leisure .

If this information was not clearly explained to you , please do accept my sincere apologies . Our Front Office team has been alerted to this & will ensure that messages are being conveyed in a clear & precise manner to guests at check in . Please rest assured it was not our intention to insult you .

I have also alerted the front desk to ensure that telephone calls are being picked up promptly .

Once again , please accept my sincere apologies & I hope you will return to stay with the Eastin Hotel Petaling Jaya .

Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I stayed at the Eastin Petaling Jaya on the 4th weekend of March 2013, while on a business trip to Kuala Lumpur. It was the same weekend which has two major events in KL: the F1 race at Sepang and the Malaysia Open golf tournament. The room situation was tight so my colleagues and I were lucky to get accommodation at a fairly reasonable rate.

The hotel is located outside KL city centre but suited us as we were moving in the Petaling Jaya area. Check in was efficient, the room was spacious, comfortable bed, wifi was reliable and fast.

I had lunch and one breakfast at the hotel's coffee house. Quality of food was above average. The gym was tiny and basic. I'd decided to go out and jog at the residential neighbourhood behind the hotel (the area is known as Section 16). What surprises me was that the hotel's Concierge did not have a local neighbourhood map. I asked for one before the jog just so I can find my way back to the hotel but was disappointed that it was not available.

Check out was smooth and overall the stay was pleasant.

I would recommend Eastin PJ, provided your movement is in the PJ area. If you need to be in KLCC most of the time then it will be more convenient to stay in the city centre.

Room Tip: Ask for room that faces the residential area of Section 16. They are quieter. I enjoyed the views in...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Jane S, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Petaling Jaya, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear Jelapang

Thank you for your kind review of our hotel .

I am delighted you found the hotel to be to your satisfaction. I would like to let you know that plans are in the offing to renovate & relocate our gym to an alternative, larger location on the 3rd floor (close to the tennis courts & overlooking the pool) . The gym should be completed over the next 3 months . Hotel guests can also look forward to new & an expanded range of gym equipment.

We do have a map showing our location in relation to access to and from the main highways & other landmarks located in the viscinity of the hotel . Your comments with regards to the location map for the neighbourhood is a point we will defintely look into .

I hope I will have pleasure of meeting & welcoming to the Eastin Hotel Petaling Jaya soon .

Indore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

A comfortable stay, neat rooms. But this might also be because it’s one of the newer hotels in PJ. Otherwise, extremely inept staff. While the language difference is pervasive in Malaysia, I don’t attribute their extremely offhandish attitude to people’s request, to that. They would nod when you tell them ‘strictly vegetarian’ and still offer up ‘ham and bacon’. A vegetarian Mexican salad gets confused for Lettuce and crisps, steaming hot water gets confused for water without ice. A one-time can be condoned, but over and over again deserves severe rebuke. Internet is erratic. Difficult to reach concierge, room service or housekeeping without trying many times. It stands tall, amongst other few buildings, overlooking the highway. There’s little green or little else, in terms of options to eat and see, that it can offer. Internet is erratic, but that's a common problem, with other hotels such as the Royal Bintang, the Curve. Overall can be missed, in favour of some other more hospitable options around in Petaling Jaya.

Dear SuruchiB

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us .

Please accept my sincere apologies for the attitude of the staff on duty . The lack in understanding your reqirements has been highlighted to both the heads of Food & Beverage & Kitchen for immediate action and improvement.

It is crucial that service levels are maintained at high standards and I would like to once again thank you for bringing this to my attention.

I sincerely hope you will give us another oportunity to be of service and stay at the Eastin Hotel Petaling Jaya.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The Eastin hotel is an amazing hotel..great hotel, great service, great food, though I would not call the Cappuccino a cappuccino due to its excessive foam but generally the food was good. Location is a bit off but easily accessible.

• Stayed May 2012
Jane S, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Petaling Jaya, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear Faeez1204

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel . I am delighted you think we are an "amazing Hotel".
I have taken note of your comments on the cappucinno & will pass it on to our Food & Beverage team .

We hope it won't be too long before your travels bring you back to the Eastin Hotel Petaling Jaya.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

It has a lobby that is not too large but presentable. The staff are friendly and committed, even went to the extent to knock at your door to wake you up when you fail to answer their morning call.Rooms are clean and spacious,with big plate of fruits to welcome us on arrival.Free wifi is available everywhere. Breakfast covers a very wide variety of food with quality.The only setback is that there is no shopping malls that are within walking distance.

Room Tip: High floor non-smoking.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Jane S, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Petaling Jaya, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Dear Lan1964

Thank you for your taking the time to review our hotel and for the positive feedback received with regards to the service provided by our team members .

With regards to shopping malls , the closest shopping malls are Tropicana Shopping Mall - & Bangsar Shopping Centre which are 3 minutes & 5 minutes drive away resepctively . Both destinations are serviced by our prescheduled shuttle service which leaves the hotel at regular intervals .

We hope you will return to stay with us in the very near future and look forward to being of service to you again .

Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

We like the hotel cos it is nicely tucked away at a quiet spot. And the staff is friendly and responsive. The ice I requested was delivered soon enough. Rooms are spacious and the bathroom is decent. Overall, it feels... well, like a "hotel". You dont mind staying there but it is not the ideal home away from home.

A point I feel does not score high on my card is the spring bed was indeed uncomfortable. If you are a light sleeper, you will be disturbed everytime the other person twist and turn in the bed.

Not recommended for guests without cars as well, there is a scheduled transport to designated shopping centres though.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Jane S, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Petaling Jaya, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear bus2165

Thank you for your review of the Eastin Hotel Petaling Jaya .

"Service from the Heart" is our motto & I am glad our service team members demonstrated this in their quick response to your requests .

We get many favourable comments on the quality of our beds & I sorry you did not find it comfortable .

Indeed you correctly mention that the hotel provides pre-scheduled complimentary shuttle services to designated shopping malls. In addition , there is a shuttle to KL Sentral train hub as well some LRT stations. Taxis are readily available, as well, at any time of the day .

Once again , thank you for your review & I hope you will return to stay with us soon.

Eastin Hotel Petaling Jaya

Been to Eastin Hotel Petaling Jaya? Share your experiences!