“Great service” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 26 hotels in Petaling Jaya
Bangkok, Thailand
“Great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

I come here often for work and am impressed with the service level, the staff remembers me and is always friendly. Rooms are spacious and comfortable, breakfast buffet is diversified and the location is good (few small restaurants close by).

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
GMHiltonPetalingJaya, General Manager at Hilton Petaling Jaya Hotel, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate you taking time to share the feedback on the hotel.

As a regular guest and former local resident, I am glad that you enjoyed our team's warm hospitality and you found our newly renovated rooms, facilities, food as well as nearby amenities to your liking. I will be sure to share your positive comments about my team with them.

Again, thank you for the feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Petaling Jaya when you next return to KL.

320 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Porirua, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Traveling with a group of teenagers for a squash tournament.
Stayed for 7 nights and the service was outstanding.
The breakfast selection and quality was fantastic and always tasty and well presented.
The staff were extremely helpful and always interested in how our squash games were going and were a great source of information for the local area.
Looking forward to going back again next year for more of the same.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
GMHiltonPetalingJaya, General Manager at Hilton Petaling Jaya Hotel, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback on the hotel.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay, food and the warm service from my team. In order to deliver the Hilton promise, we have to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued, and respected. We really do have great team members who always focusing on our guests needs and I will be sure to pass on your kind words to them.

Thank you again for the feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Petaling Jaya when you next return to KL next year for the tournament.

Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I arrived into KLIA (international airport) at about 9pm and it took me about 45 minutes to get to the PJ Hilton. The room (1756) was spotless with a really good welcoming feel. I could be wrong, but I'd be surprised if there is a better/bigger fitness centre in Asia !

Room Tip: I had breakfast included with my room rate and the food was awesome - great value for money.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
GMHiltonPetalingJaya, General Manager at Hilton Petaling Jaya Hotel, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you for staying with us; I appreciate you taking time to share your feedback on the hotel.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay in particular newly renovated bedroom and food. Thank you also for the great feedback regarding our fitness centre. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to our team members.

Thank you again for the feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Petaling Jaya when you next return to KL.

Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Arrived late due to late night flight. Very delightful surprise to see room impressively decorated:-
1) rose pedal in a "big heart" shape on king size bed
2) rose pedal bubble bath
3) rose pedal at sink and shower cubicle

Executive lounge service is also very good. the afternoon tea food selection (a small snack buffet) is very nice.

Buffet breakfast is very good, with selection of western, chinese, malay, indian & vegetarian.

There's decent money exchange just outside hotel at good rates.

Room Tip: I stayed at the re-decorated room. Heard that old rooms could be pretty old.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed our team's warm hospitality and you found our newly renovated rooms, Executive Lounge, facilities, food as well as nearby amenities to your liking. I will be sure to share your positive comments about my team with them. As it was you and your spouse’s wedding anniversary, we were happy to take care of all the little details, to make sure you both have fond memories of your trip here.

Regarding our bedrooms, all of our bedrooms are infact newly renovated so you never have to worry about getting an ‘old’ room when you stay here.

Manchester, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I have stayed at PJ Hilton in my last three trips to Kuala Lumpur. Great location for me as I used to live nearby; definitely a safe area. There are stores nearby for any supplies and needs. Loads of places to eat outside of the hotel if you wish to try local foods as well as western cuisine too, if you are not adventurous. Easy excess to the LRT or to get taxi cabs. The staff here are friendly, professional and excellent. Rooms are newly refurbished, comfy and clean. I love this hotel! Only one disappointment - no free wi-fi.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

GMHiltonPetalingJaya, General Manager at Hilton Petaling Jaya Hotel, responded to this review, June 6, 2013

As a regular guest and former local resident, I am glad that you enjoyed our team's warm hospitality and you found our newly renovated rooms, facilities as well as nearby amenities to your liking. I will be sure to share your positive comments about my team with them.

I do agree we have great accessibility being located a stone’s throw away from the Taman Jaya LRT station and Asia Jaya LRT. We are also located adjacent to the federal highway.

As a business hotel, we recognize our guests' need for internet and in particular wifi. We are currently in the midst of negotiations to change and plan on having complimentary wifi in public areas as well as wifi in all bedrooms by the Summer.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Value for money. Location is good. 24-hour fitness center which is useful. Not a whole of TV channels to choose from though. The room is bright. It will be most useful for business traveling to have free internet wi-fi connection in the hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay in particular newly renovated bedroom and in room facilities. Thank you also for the great feedback regarding our fitness center.

As a business hotel, we recognize our guests’ need for internet and in particular wifi. We are currently in the midst of negotiations to change our operating system and plan on having wifi in public areas as well as wifi in all bedrooms over the Summer.

Shanghai, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

Stayed here for one night. This is a very old hotel in a busy commercial and residential ara called PJ, outside KL city. I stayed in the east wing, a renovated room with modern furnishings. Room was excellent and clean, no complaints.

Lobby lounge area was dates but acceptable. Aircon in the lobby area was not cool enough, location of the hotel is in major traffic area but plenty of local food within walking distance. Overall a good location and decent hotel if you get east wing. Good value for money.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
GMHiltonPetalingJaya, General Manager at Hilton Petaling Jaya Hotel, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you for staying with us, I appreciate you taking time to share your feedback on the hotel.

We appreciate your feedback and I was delighted to read that you enjoyed our newly renovated room. We completed our bedroom renovations last December so now all 553 bedrooms are completely refurbished.

We are soon to start some renovations in order to brighten up the lobby and adjoining lobby lounge. In addition, we are currently in the process of repainting the exterior of the hotel, which will certainly freshen up our guests first impression.

Thank you again for the feedback and I hope to have another opportunity to serve you if your travels bring you back to our area.

Hilton Petaling Jaya

Been to Hilton Petaling Jaya Hotel? Share your experiences!