“Not a place up to standard (different from our last visit)” 2 of 5 stars
Review of The Verve Hotel at Ara Damansara

Save Saved
You added The Verve Hotel at Ara Damansara to your Saves list
The Verve Hotel at Ara Damansara
D3A-02, Dana-1 Commercial Center | Jalan PJU 1A/46, Petaling Jaya 47301, Malaysia   |
Ranked #3 of 27 Petaling Jaya B&B and Inns
Petaling Jaya, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
“Not a place up to standard (different from our last visit)”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Dear all,

This is my 3rd or 2nd visit to the verve hotel. Couldn't get rooms in other hotels so I decided to head back to the verve although the location was quite far from my area of dealings. Checked in at 3pm got room 205 the rooms toilet was dirty and moldy. A clear sign of the cleaniness of the location. Poorly maintained bathrooms which made me request for a change immediately. Changed to room 207. Almost same problem although the mold infection wasn't that bad. Drainage pipes cover were missing and I found a use toothbrush at the sink. How clean ? Let u judge. Other then that they don't provide mineral water bottles in room (there's a water dispenser outside) and no room slippers. Unsure of the cleaniness of the biscuit bar as there was no seen clippers for the biscuit jar. For the thought of it I wouldn't head back there again.

• Stayed July 2013
Ian_Owner-Manager, Manager at The Verve Hotel at Ara Damansara, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear JarodaSteven,

Thank you for your review. We take note of the points highlighted in your post and will incorporate some of your suggestions as part of our efforts towards continuous improvement.

At the verve hotel, we strive to maintain a high standard of cleanliness and our team takes pride in their jobs. In this particular incident, there could have been a lapse in judgment. Management acknowledges that it is inexcusable

We regret that your recent stay had been less than satisfactory but would nevertheless, thank you for your patronage.

Ian

18 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Karnataka
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

It was a pleasure staying there. Such a calm and peaceful place. I stayed there for almost 12 days and thoroughly enjoyed my stay there.They are also very helpful anything you ask they can help you with that. Though they do not have a gym or swimming pool but still it is a great choice to stay. Owner of The Verve is really very good. She is a perfect guide for all those who are new to that place or Malaysia.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good actually
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Singapore, null, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Nice tiny hotel at Ara Damansara.
I stay there because my office is hardly 100 meters away.
Basic, small room but very clean, simple and means my expectations.
No stars for sure since there are no amenities. But I have not used a swimming pool, gym or anything else in a five star for such a long time it does not matter anymore to me! For that matter, I don't even use my condo facilities so...
Wish they would put in tissues in the room.
Surprise is that they actually provide simple breakfast of either Nasi lemak or sandwiches.
Coffee, tea or Milo is free.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I stayed twice in this hotel back in 2012.

First time was last October then followed in November. And I can frankly say that I am impressed with their service.

Although a little hard to find especially at night but if you are familiar with the Ara Damansara area, it is just walking distance from the Symphony House building. You can’t miss it because it is the only tall building near Citta Mall. And the only tall building with its name lit up at night. Walking from Symphony House, just pay attention to the first building at the left corner side. I think on the third section of the building you would see the sign of the hotel, but you would have to walk to the other side because what you see is the back of the hotel and the door there is locked. It can be only open with your room key from the hotel.

The staffs were very friendly and helpful. One of the most hospital staff I have ever encountered in KL. The rooms were clean and the designs of the rooms were tribal. I believe each room has a different design. The rooms we booked were the ones at the back side of the building both on the 2F and 3F. I think only those rooms had windows.

The unique thing about this hotel was if you need to get water or sip coffee, you need to get it yourself. There is an empty wine/glass bottle inside the rooms and a water dispenser outside the room on each floor. You would have to use the empty bottle to get water. And here is another unique thing; you will have to use the funnel to be able pour water in the bottle. Coffee, tea and biscuits are at the GF, just by the stairs – near the elevator lobby.

Room Tip: I think there are only 2 or 3 rooms with windows, all of them are at the back of the hotel. If you n...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Firstly, I would like to say that I did not stay in this hotel. However, I would like to express my gratitude to the receptionist that have helped me. I had important documents to photocopy and the nearest book store had a problem with their photocopier. No one else was willing to help me with my simple task until I arrived at the Verve Hotel. The receptionist kindly photocopied my documents with no hesitation and when I reached into my wallet, he just told me that it was okay and I did not have to pay. As simple as the task may be, it was very important that I had those documents photocopied in time. So, I would like to extend my gratitude and say thank you. This is how the people in the service industry should act. Thank you

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I stayed at this hotel recently and it gives me joy that I have nothing but good things to say about the hotel, the staff and the owners, Pang & Ian. They all make you feel extremely welcome & valued.

The rooms are cleaned daily and they also have a very efficient laundry facility. This is a new hotel, so the cleanliness of the place & surrounds is excellent.

Besides, the Verve Hotel is ideally located if you have work or are transiting at Subang Airport(10mins away & RM7 by meter taxi). The hotel is actually really easy to find once you spot the massive Symphony building(first left after the foot of the flyover on the way from Subang Airport & then the second right) from the main highway. Turn right at the foot of Symphony to enter the block & keep driving past Ria Cafe. You should spot the back entrance of the hotel from Ria Cafe along with the funky signboard.

When it comes to food, there are PLENTY of options for all kinds of taste buds around the Verve hotel. If the restaurants in the block don't attract you, then Citta Mall is just a 10min walk away in daylight. Please use a taxi if you plan to leave the block after daylight.

On the whole, it's an excellent place to stay if you're looking for a good night of sleep, or a convenient place for a transit at Subang Airport. KL City is located about 45mins away by taxi. The nearest railway station is Kelana Jaya LRT(10mins away). If you're travelling from KLIA and are alone with light baggage and are brave, then: 1. Take the airport train to KL Sentral 2. Take the LRT to Kelana Jaya. 3. Take a taxi to the hotel. If you're a big group, it's easier, cheaper & quicker to take the prepaid airport taxi to the Verve hotel.

Once again, thanks so much for all the wonderful memories at The Verve Hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Globetrotting
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Only problem I faced was in finding this hotel - located inside a business complex and not very well known to the cabbies - needed to search for this for quite sometime ( please remember to spot the large building titled Symphony, Verve hotel is just nearby of 'Symphony'). Convenient rooms , attractive rates, good shower, lots of restaurants and a seven -eleven store very nearby. They have a tea-coffee vending machine in ground floor for the guests. Both the reception managers are extremely helpful and supportive. Overall very convenient for short stays.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to The Verve Hotel at Ara Damansara? Share your experiences!