“My Home Hotel (rebranded as Best View but Best Avoid)” 1 of 5 stars
Review of My Home Hotel - Bandar Sunway

My Home Hotel - Bandar Sunway
You added My Home Hotel - Bandar Sunway to your Saves list
My Home Hotel - Bandar Sunway
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   No. 19, Jalan PJS 11/28, Sunway Metro, Bandar Sunway, Petaling Jaya 46150, Malaysia   |
Ranked #23 of 29 Petaling Jaya B&B and Inns
Penang Island, Malaysia
“My Home Hotel (rebranded as Best View but Best Avoid)”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

I have carried out consumer and tourist research in Malaysia for almost twenty years. Hotels vary in quality and of course price from Bayview Beach to .. Best View (formerly My Home). I made a reservation online for Best View's 'Deluxe Room', requesting a 'quiet room please'. On arrival, despite my reiterated request I was given a room immediately behind the Hotel Reception, hardly a recipe for peace after a long and delayed flight from Melbourne. Sure enough, apart from the continual coughing of a receptionist (who I advised to visit the clinic next door), at exactly 3am I was awoken by the sound of motorbike engine(s) and a group arrived to party in the Lobby. A similar sound occurred at 6am. In any case, in this deluxe room, the one major item of equipment couldn't function: the batteries in the TV remote control were flat. My early morning departure was not assisted by the absence of the breakfast which is listed on at least one hard copy promotion on site. The coup de grace - or final flourishing blow - from this hotel without a view was to charge me an extra RM 20 (about 5 US dollars) because I had requested the room online through booking.com rather than in person at the hotel Reception. Incidentally, I have never before encountered a hotel which charged a refundable RM 50 deposit for a plastic key card to access the room. The proud purveyors of mediocrity in this establishment seem to see little necessity to recognise international standards of good budget hotel practice.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Tampines, null, Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

Its was family gathering outings to sunway. We stayed there 3D 2N. We rented a family room n a deluxe room. Firstly, there isn't any allocated parking lots for hotel stayers. We spent at least an hour to get car parking lots. Secondly The rooms are small n not worth the money paid for. No fridge provided. Rooms air-condition is not cool. Reported to front desk n no action was taken n we were informed that technician n room service not available after 7pm. The worst of all, the electricity was cut off at 1am till 630am. Just imagine how hot and stuffy the room was and with kids around. There isnt any backup/ contingency plan. It was informed that notice given by TNB (Electric Authority) in advance but hotel management did not inform the hotel occupants. Upon asking the front-liners, they claimed that they were not aware about this. When we asked for compensation upon check out, they refused to do so. Many other occupants checked out in the middle of nite with babies with them. It was a tired & sleepless nite after spending a whole day at Sunway Lagoon, hoping to have a good rest before we check out. :( But ended up,spending the whole nite in car as our kids were agitated n hot. Besides that, the hotel is surrounded by pubs which causes lotsa disturbances and loud annoying noises till 6am. We witnessed a gang fight(druken chaps) just opposite the hotel at late night.Its not save for families and cars parked at open slots. The most terrible holiday i ever had. Its advisable to go for sunway pyramid hotel its worth the money for family vacation.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

Very small but clean room with attached bathroom. As I needed just a room to stay the night, this suited my purposes. This was the nearest budget hotel to my Singapore - KL coach stop.

A few doors down is a 24 hour KFC. Another 2 minutes walk brings you to Sunway Pyramid, a big mall with Starbucks, fast food, all types of restaurants, shops, 2 departmental stores and supermarket, even an ice skating rink!

No lift at present, but I can see they are in the mist of building a lift. The rooms may be too small if you have more than a small carry on or back pack. With a huge check-in luggage, there will be hardly any room left to stand!

English speaking staff that's rather friendly and answered my queries politely.

Seems like a safe area, with a tourist police station and a regular police station nearby.

Room Tip: Don't choose too high floors as the lift is still in construction. You need to take the narrow s...