We stayed in this hotel for 2 days in September 2011. We choose this hotel because it is very cheap (and at the same time still have some basic amenities) and it is in Petaling Jaya.
+ + The Location + +
The hotel is in a new area of Petaling Jaya about 1 hour drive from the KLIA / LCCT airport and depending on the traffic about 20 min drive to the 1 Utama shopping centre and about 30 min to the Sunway Shopping Centre. Unfortunately there is no public transport nearby and there is only off-street parking available. There are a few local restaurants within 10 mins walk but apart from that you will have to ask the reception to call a Taxi for you.
+ + The Hotel + +
The hotel is a budget style hotel. It has a 24 hour reception and a lift. It comes with free WiFi although the connection speed is sometimes horrible. Check out time is 12 noon and the hotel will charge you around RM15 extra per hour for late checkout. There is no restaurant, no gym, no swimming pool ... in short it is a hotel just for staying.
+ + The Room + +
We stayed in a Deluxe room.
The room is small but still have space for a double bed, 1 bedside table and you can still put 1 suit case on the floor. It has a bathroom (shower only) and a TV. There is no wardrobe but there are hangers on the wall for you to hang your clothings. There is a telephone for you to call reception and house keeping.
The hotel provides 2 clean towels everyday and the bathroom has 2 dispensers for the shampoo and the soap.
It has hot water with average water flow.
There is an aircon (free) and I think it is powerful enough.
There is no hair dryer but you can request one for free.
Overall the room is clean but nothing fancy.
* * Things I like about this hotel * *
1. The price - Within this price range in PJ, I think this is the best hotel.
2. The aircon - Its free to use and it is powerful.
3. The water - Its free - you get 2 x water bottles daily.
4. WiFi Internet - Its free too ! Just ask the reception for the password.
* * Things I don't like about this hotel * *
1. The noise - Due to the hotel's poor door design, most people have to slam shut their doors which can be noisy during check out time. It is also a bad news if you are staying next to someone who would like to talk all night long.
2. The Location - It is in the middle of no where. Forget about bus, LRT or train. Taxi or get your own car.
3. TV - The TV reception is horrible and unless you understand malay, there are not many choices.
= = Overall = =
With the price that I was paying, this is a very good hotel. It meet most of the basic needs for a basic hotel. Unlike some other budget hotels which charge you extra for air-con, towel and soap, 2 x water bottles daily and internet, this hotel provides all these things to you for free.
Note: There is a RM 50 deposit requires on check-in at the time of the writing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- i-Hotel, a boutique hotel, boasts of a very unique and distinctive classic contemporary theme. With our slogan "Your Ideal Place To Stay," our aim is to provide a 5 star service & accommodation at a very affordable pricing. Soft lighting, soothing and gentle furnishing & decor provide perfect relaxation in all 35 rooms. All rooms are fully installed with contemporary amenity and equipment to ensure you a relaxing stay with us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your i-Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- i Hotel Petaling Jaya