“I was so happy and in my element of local!!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #478 of 723 Restaurants in Petaling Jaya
Cuisines: Indian
France
“I was so happy and in my element of local!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

Cheap, cheerful and lovingly served, with smiles and fingers as words to dialogue, lunch served on a banana leaf is my idea of heaven! Delicious Lassi, actually everything was delicious! And at least seven waiters who were having such fun serving - everyone seemed to have a specific task, so got to meet the whole team I reckon. And although my son who ate with me was not going to be impressed, told me I could eat food like this anywhere in PJ, even he said at the end that's he enjoyed the atmosphere!
And just closeby, a temple although we didn't have time to visit other than walking by.

Visited January 2014

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Nice ambiance, very bad service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

I have been frequenting this restaurant for breakfasts and lunches for years because it is the only Indian restaurant where I can have my meals under shady old trees. The roti canai is light and fluffy and its deep fried squid is very tasty. However, the service is going from bad to really bad.

I always know that service was bad there but I still tolerated it because I found out about the "trick". I would go there, order everything at one go. Never order anything after the first order, the food would not arrive or if I complained enough, it would finally arrive after I finished the meal.

My last visit there really put me off. I will not go to Raju ever again. I waited 20 minutes just to get a waiter's attention. I waived and called on several waiters but everyone pretended to be busy and didn't see me. When I tried to talk politely that I needed to order, all ignored me. Finally I couldn't stand it, I went to the cashier and told him what happened. The response from the lady behind the cashier really pissed me off. She just kept quiet, didn't even try to help. The other staff told me to "just wait" on my table. I wanted to walk off if not because my husband who was too lazy to drive to another place. After waiting for another 10 minutes, finally the staff who cleans table noticed us. He shouted to his colleague to serve us. Lazily, one guy took our order and we got our food after another 20 minutes. The attitude of the management and the whole staff is really snobbish. We literally need to beg to be served. Bad customer service.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“The first and the last”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

The drinks tasteless..food u can get better from the next restaurant pandi if i not mistaken..trust me..and i dont know why ppl go there instead pandi..maybe because of the surrounding..

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Shah Alam, Malaysia
“Tantalizing Banana leaf meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Take a cool seating under the tree ( it has shades built) and order the ever famous banana leaf meal. You will be spoilt for choice- Take your pick of the various sea food( squids, prawns, a variety of fish) , chicken , mutton peratal. Its really good and dont forget they are famous for their fish curry and its as tasty as when i first had a meal there in the eighties. Try the thosai and roti canai for breakfast with the chutney and fish curry. Believe me you will keep going back for more. This is a must visit for those exploring good indian banana leaf meal.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Rich, Authentic Indian Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

You want to taste real thick fish or chicken curry, try Raju restaurant.. There is unlimited rice and You may choose from a large umber of dishes complete with crackers and their rasam soup to wash off the food

Visited May 2012