“Good food with bad service” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Paddington House of Pancakes

Paddington House of Pancakes
The Curve, No.6, Jalan PJU 7/3, Mutiara Damansara, Petaling Jaya 47800, Malaysia
03 7726 2382
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #227 of 639 restaurants in Petaling Jaya
Cuisines: American, French, Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
“Good food with bad service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

I like their food as pancakes has always been my favourite food, this place provide all kinds of pancakes, from light to heavy, sweet to salty.
Prices are reasonable but I always disappointed by their service. The staffs are either always too busy to serve you or they forgot about you.

They used to have very good service back then, but has turn into this situation now. Hope they can review on this area.

Visited May 2012

45% Recommend
KL, Malaysia
“Fun & delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

Pancakes are fun, no matter what time of the day you have them! So for me, a trip to Paddington's is always an affair to look forward to!

The bulk of the menu are sweet pancakes. A whole host of different types of pancakes served with fruit, syrups, ice-creams, honey & butter, etc. However, they do have savoury pancakes as well, served up with burger patties, sausages, gravy & salad, that take pancake-eating beyond merely having dessert to taking in a full meal. I've tried a few savoury options, and whilst the first time was a liiiiiittle bit strange, I can personally vouch for savoury pancakes' deliciousness.

However, my ultimate favourite has to be the Treasure Box. A plateful of dollar pancakes (tiny pancakes maybe only 2" across), lots and lots of strawberries, peaches & other fruit, served with a generous scoop of ice-cream & maple syrup. Heavenly!

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
“Good Pancakes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

They have a wide selection of pancakes prepared in appetizers, main course or desserts. Good for brunch. Must try if you love pancakes.

• Visited February 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Dollars make me happy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

Their dollar pancakes are awesome. I go over all the time when I needed something either sweet /savoury. Ambience is great for reading and desserts!!... What can I say.. Must try for anyone who has not tried savory pancakes..

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Melaka, Malaysia
“The pancake specialist”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011

I was a bit surprise when I read to it's menu. Not only they serve sweet pancakes, they serve savoury pancakes too. I never had savoury pancakes in my life. All this while, I though pancakes are sweet desert and this really give my mind a blow!
I tried Grill Salmon with mash potato and Zucchini Onion Pancake, RM19.50
Pancake: I thought zucchini is raw veggies that goes well with sandwich. I rarely see dishes prepared with cooked zucchini, not to mention pancakes. (ok, the savoury pancake is already a great shock ). One side of the pancake was bake to crust while the other side remain soft and cloudy. The zucchini was not overcook. The veggies remain it's moist with tender juicy filling.
Onion sauce: Consuming the plain zucchini pancake is already a bless, but when both the pancake and onion sauce WOW! Exquisite! The oily saute do not moist the crunchy grill like layer of the pancake, but give an extra smoothing texture to the pancake. Need not to explain, the slightly salty sauce is the origin of the savoury taste for the pancake.
Salmon: One of the best, or probably the best salmon I ever taste in my life! The fillet was not marinated, but it is reasonably fresh (of course you can't compare the freshness with a freshly slaughted Salmon sashimi~). It was also not over cook or still raw (I had some bad experience of raw and non fresh grill Salmon before -___-), very juicy, slightly oily with a crusty outer layer+skin, *muack* just the way I like my Salmon to be ^ ^
Mash Potato: No surprise in the mash potatoes. I think more milk can be add to enhance it texture and flavour.No comment on the mashed pea and sour cream topping, just decent I would say.

Overall: 9.5/10 (A very new concept of specialty restaurant that focus on pancake. Rare, fun, excited, good experience)
Taste bud indulgence: 10/10 (PHOP really amazed me, I like the surprises and unexpected taste bud experience, would like to come back to try more ^ ^)
Purse saver: 8/10 (I know specialty restaurant will rank at higher price, but out of Asia, pancakes are just some normal daily meal, part of their life! Don't you think we deserve to charge lesser? Although geography constrain the receipt to be norm in Malaysia, but pancakes flour is very cheap in Malaysia! *>.<* )
Atmosphere: 9/10 (Warm with a classy touch, good place to hang out. The dim ligh in the shop is more romantic than the tables located outside)

• Visited June 2011