We absolutely loved the hotel. It has a fantastic entrance and reminded us of Las Vegas. We were greeted by a very friendly man at the door (there are lots of doormen and lots of doors) who got someone to take our luggage and escorted us to reception. Although our booking and room type was not what we requested (we wanted interconnecting but our itinerary stated deluxe which is one room only, due to our travel agent, which also happened at our previous hotel and we are looking into it), they went out of their way to assist us and tried to contact our booking agent, who could not help us due to it being the weekend. This man organized extra beds in our room and looked after us. We ended up in a beautiful room with a queen and 2 single beds. The room, bathroom, view to the pool, was fantastic. The beds and pillows were very comfortable. The rooms were spotless. We thought the breakfast buffet was great and had a great variety. The pool area was beautiful. It is definitely a 5 star hotel. All the staff were friendly and helpful.
We had a great time at the waterpark. After going to Surfers Paradise, we felt spoilt with the cheap entrance fee and not having to queue. We actually found Monday to be busier than Sunday. Keep in mind that it is closed Tuesdays. Two days there is probably enough. There are a few fast waterslides and there is a great area for kids. There is one wave pool and an enormous sand/lagoon style pool which are great for relaxing around and they play really good music. There is a separate area for rides which includes a roller coaster and a few other scary ones. Again, no queues. They half checked our bags upon entering the park (we could have easily snuck food in) and we took water which they didn't seem to care about. Food in there is pretty cheap (as is in Malaysia) and not tourist prices.
Adjacent to the hotel is the shopping centre, which has quite a few shops and restaurants.
We had a great time and on our next trip to Asia want to go via KL so we have an excuse to go back to Sunway Lagoon Resort again.
- Also Known As:
- Sunway Hotel
- Sunway Resort Hotel And Spa
- Sunway Hotel Petaling Jaya
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 35 minutes from Kuala Lumpur International Airport and 25 minutes from the city centre, the 5-star Sunway Resort Hotel & Spa offers a collection of 441 well-appointed guestrooms. Within the amazing 800-acre “Resort-within-a-City” landmark are the Balinese-inspired Mandara Spa, an award-winning theme park, and an upscale mega shopping and entertainment mall. There are also a massive convention centre, a medical centre and educational facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, Otel, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Sunway Resort Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.