After travelling through Phuket, Bangkok, Ho Chi Minh and Cambodia we were still very undecided as to whether or not we would stop in KL to break up our return trip back to Melbourne but made the last minute decision to stop and stay at Sunway Resort and Spa and we are very glad we did.
The staff were all extremely friendly and efficient. Though the rooms are starting to need a makeover they are still very acceptable. Beds are large and comfortable, there is a free mini bar stocked daily with soft drinks and a couple of small kit Kats which was a welcome treat.
The pool is amazing! The theme park next door was great, there is entry through a gate near the hotel pool using your room card. Unfortunately you still need to pay to get into the theme park and there are no discounts applied for people staying at the resort. Also you were unable to leave the park and go back to the resort then re enter the park later in the day which I found annoying because I have a 1 year old and it would have been perfect to be able to go and put him down for a nap then head back.
If you're deciding to go to the park one major downfall is the lack of ramps for pushers, wheel chairs etc. very inconvenient. But back to the resort.
We had the buffet breakfast which was excellent and also had the international buffet one night..... The only complaint there was that I don't have a big enough stomach as there was such a huge variety. We also ate at Saga the Indian restaurant one evening which we could not fault .
The staff were extremely helpful with my children and genuinely Adored them.
This is the type of resort that you really don't have to travel far from if you don't want to, next door there is a HUGE mall for all your shopping needs too.
To top it all off the rates were very competitive. Win win!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 35 minutes from Kuala Lumpur International Airport and 25 minutes from the city centre, the 5-star Sunway Resort Hotel & Spa offers a collection of 441 well-appointed guestrooms. Within the amazing 800-acre “Resort-within-a-City” landmark are the Balinese-inspired Mandara Spa, an award-winning theme park, and an upscale mega shopping and entertainment mall. There are also a massive convention centre, a medical centre and educational facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, T4B, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Tingo, Despegar.com, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Sunway Resort Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunway Resort Hotel And Spa
- Sunway Hotel Petaling Jaya