We stayed for 1 night in Cyberview Lodge, as a large extended family,
en-route from Melaka to KL. Generally we were pleased with our stay. I only mentioned the faults below because I find the rates to be similar to 5 star hotels in KL area, therefore my expectations were quite high so in some ways I was disappointed.
Rooms were very well-appointed, and very large. If you wanted to find fault, I suppose you could say the rooms were not exactly spotless. My crawling baby almost picked up a dead bug and put it in his mouth. As we took so many rooms, I can also attest to the fact
that the room furnishings are not standard. Some rooms had full sized fridge while others had mini bars. Some had nice writing desks, but others just simple tables.
The room description on the website can be a little difficult to understand, so I hope this review will help. We stayed in the lowest category rooms the Deluxe Chalets, and Executive Deluxe Chalets. These chalets are housed in chalet-style 2-storey buildings. Each building had 8 chalet rooms. In this sense its perfect for large families, as you can all
stay in one building, upon request. The only differences between the Deluxe and Executive Deluxe are: - Deluxe Chalets came in King and double queen configuration whereas the Executive Deluxe only came in King - Executive Deluxe are usually corner rooms and come with a bathtub The option of double queen rooms was perfect for our group as we had families with 3 or 4 children each. Both the Deluxe and Executive Deluxe Chalets also had a sofa that can be opened up as a sofa bed. You can open it up yourself, but if you ask the housekeeping to open up for you, there will be a charge, as they set
the sofabed up with bedding and pillows. During our stay, the management was nice enough to waive this charge for our group (although there was some dispute on this by one rude staff member, which I have separately feedbacked to the resort by email but they have yet to reply).
Online reservation system
We wanted to book all 7 rooms through their website, but the system was very
problematic and only allowed us to book a limited number of rooms at the
promotion price. When I called the resort to ask, they informed me that
there is a limited number of rooms for the promo price and I should try my
luck on the website. They refused to help me with manual booking. When asked
if they could offer us a good rate as we were coming as a large group, the
reservations desk did not make any attempt to work out an offer for me. This
was disappointing. I then proceeded to make my reservations online, and
managed to get 5 rooms at the promo price (through 3 separate bookings) and
2 rooms at rack rate. Unfortunately, because the system was so unreliable,
the bill presented to me when we checked out had many errors, and I had to
show them my booking confirmation to prove the rates that I managed to
As others have mentioned before, one of the best things of the resort is its landscaped grounds and free-form pools. Its great for families with small children... the pools will keep them occupied for a long time. Its the main reason why I would come back to Cyberview, if I wanted a quiet, restful alternative from KL. In fact I will be going back this weekend as I have a wedding in the area, and I hope to find that the little glitches have improved, and the good bits are still there.
Oh one last bit, breakfast was a very good spread!
- Also Known As:
- Cyberview Hotel Cyberjaya
- Cyberview Lodge Resort And Spa
- Cyberview Hotel Putrajaya
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape comes closer to home with a unique 5-star boutique tropical paradise located only 35 minutes from the centre of Kuala Lumpur, in the heart of Cyberjaya. Cyberview Resort & Spa promises a true Malaysian feel within its spacious grounds covered with lush greenery and fountains, ponds and waterfalls. The resort features 74 cozy rooms refurbished with four-poster beds and teak furniture of which 68 are chalets, two are two-bedroom suites and two are two-bedroom bungalows. We have new 38 Superior Chalets with contemporary concept to make the guests feel at home. There is also an exclusive honeymoon suite and a presidential suite, both with garden view Jacuzzi tubs. Besides the usual in-room amenities, 32" LCD screens which come with a DVD Player with cable television, in-room safe, private balcony, desk and living area as well as international direct-dial facilities, the resort also offers complimentary through out the resort. Being away from the city does not mean being deprived of culinary experiences. In fact, the restaurants offer a wide variety of choices. Breakfast, lunch and dinner can be enjoyed at the Verandah Restaurant. Italian Fusion cuisine is served at the Bistro Cascata, situated near the pool next to the cascading waterfall while Xing Zhu Chinese Restaurant offers authentic Chinese cuisine. For more relaxation there is the Karma Bar & Lounge, the resort’s hot night spot, represents a chic, modern and chill out lounge that is complemented by the serene natural surroundings. The very private "Oasis" Karaoke Lounge is ideal for a group who wants to sing their hearts out! For all those urbanites looking to get away from it all, the Sembunyi Spa offers the perfect reprieve. A 10,000 square-foot area is dedicated to a unique ASEAN theme spa offering Jamu therapy such as aromatic massages, herbal body and facial treatments. Separate male and female rooms are available for steam, sauna, hot Jacuzzi and ice-cold dips as well as a lap pool. Cyberview Resort & Spa is the ideal place for a family getaway, a romantic liaison and even corporate retreat. The Cindai Ballroom can seat 400 dinner guests and overlooks the gardens and swimming pool while the Keris Executive Boardroom is fitted with audiovisual systems for video conferencing and multimedia communications systems. If you are looking at a bigger capacity, Putrajaya International Convention Centre (PICC), which is located in the heart of Putrajaya, is just 15 minutes drive from the resort. The Perdana Hall can accommodate up to 2000 pax at one time.Recreation activities are the outdoor lawn, tennis court, basketball court (half court), mountain bikes and even fishing by the lake. There are also shuttle services to Putrajaya ERL Station - connecting guest to KL Sentral (downtown city center) and a shuttle stop to Alamanda Putrajaya shopping mall. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Tingo, Otel and TripOnline SA so you can book your Cyberview Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.