Honestly, I can't quite figure who gave the 5 star rating. Obviously it must have been self-proclaimed as no well-deserving 5 star hotel would have given the service I had the honour of obtaining.
I was part of a bridal entourage and as such, I decided to book a deluxe "recently upgraded" room for 1 night.
The horror started almost immediately. My husband checked in at 12 noon ... got to the room and after 20 minutes, discovered that the air-con wasn't working properly. He then called that "1 number serves all enquiries", told them the situation and was told that a maintenance guy would be on his way. When the guy arrived, he didn't speak a word of English. However he knew what the problem was and proceeded to fiddle with the switch. After a while, he realised he couldn't fix the problem. He then called that "1 number" and the operator then spoke with husband and told him the Front Office manager would be on-site to resolve the problem. Husband waited almost 1 1/2 hours before this FOM showed up.
In the meantime, I was having problems at Reception who didn't realise that husband had checked in. Perhaps their check-in system isn't the most up-to-date??? As I couldn't contact husband, I had to wait 15 mins before I was given the room number.
When the FOM finally got to the room, she wasn't the most helpful. She said everything imaginable to convince us that the air-con was working just fine. She knew I was with the bridal party and that I had to get ready for the evening's events. However, she was totally unsympathetic. After about 10 mins, she decided that moving us to another room would be a better option. We were asked to view 3 rooms (strange how she didn't know which rooms had air-cons that worked!!) and finally settled on a half-way decent one.
My gripe is why give us the run-around? If the hotel is truly 5 star, maintenance would be well above average and service would be excellent. Instead the stay was dismal.
Never again. Not even if it was a freebie.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape comes closer to home with a unique 5-star boutique tropical paradise located only 35 minutes from the centre of Kuala Lumpur, in the heart of Cyberjaya. Cyberview Resort & Spa promises a true Malaysian feel within its spacious grounds covered with lush greenery and fountains, ponds and waterfalls. The resort features 74 cozy rooms refurbished with four-poster beds and teak furniture of which 68 are chalets, two are two-bedroom suites and two are two-bedroom bungalows. We have new 38 Superior Chalets with contemporary concept to make the guests feel at home. There is also an exclusive honeymoon suite and a presidential suite, both with garden view Jacuzzi tubs. Besides the usual in-room amenities, 32" LCD screens which come with a DVD Player with cable television, in-room safe, private balcony, desk and living area as well as international direct-dial facilities, the resort also offers complimentary through out the resort. Being away from the city does not mean being deprived of culinary experiences. In fact, the restaurants offer a wide variety of choices. Breakfast, lunch and dinner can be enjoyed at the Verandah Restaurant. Italian Fusion cuisine is served at the Bistro Cascata, situated near the pool next to the cascading waterfall while Xing Zhu Chinese Restaurant offers authentic Chinese cuisine. For more relaxation there is the Karma Bar & Lounge, the resort’s hot night spot, represents a chic, modern and chill out lounge that is complemented by the serene natural surroundings. The very private "Oasis" Karaoke Lounge is ideal for a group who wants to sing their hearts out! For all those urbanites looking to get away from it all, the Sembunyi Spa offers the perfect reprieve. A 10,000 square-foot area is dedicated to a unique ASEAN theme spa offering Jamu therapy such as aromatic massages, herbal body and facial treatments. Separate male and female rooms are available for steam, sauna, hot Jacuzzi and ice-cold dips as well as a lap pool. Cyberview Resort & Spa is the ideal place for a family getaway, a romantic liaison and even corporate retreat. The Cindai Ballroom can seat 400 dinner guests and overlooks the gardens and swimming pool while the Keris Executive Boardroom is fitted with audiovisual systems for video conferencing and multimedia communications systems. If you are looking at a bigger capacity, Putrajaya International Convention Centre (PICC), which is located in the heart of Putrajaya, is just 15 minutes drive from the resort. The Perdana Hall can accommodate up to 2000 pax at one time.Recreation activities are the outdoor lawn, tennis court, basketball court (half court), mountain bikes and even fishing by the lake. There are also shuttle services to Putrajaya ERL Station - connecting guest to KL Sentral (downtown city center) and a shuttle stop to Alamanda Putrajaya shopping mall. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Cyberview Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cyberview Lodge Resort And Spa
- Cyberview Hotel Cyberjaya
- Cyberview Hotel Putrajaya