Although the outside appearance is good, there are several reasons why I won't visit this hotel again.
(1) There was thick mould all over the walls and ceiling in our bedroom (picture attached) - totally unacceptable in this price range. The room was on the second floor. We asked for another room, which we received, at least. The second room was ok
(2) The shuttle bus to KL city had a burst tyre on the highway. The bus driver got out of the bus without any announcement. After one hour of being left alone without any information, another bus picked us up from the place. There was no apology or comment whatsoever from the hotel management/staff. (picture attached)
(3) At the restaurant, I ordered a dish, which according to the menu card, included a salad. However, they brought no salad. I asked for it again, but received it long after I had already finished the main dish. On another day, I had a soup and asked for bread - the waiter asked "You want bread?", but finally did not bring it. The list could be enlarged, but the point is that the service was generally quite unprofessional (unacceptable for a hotel in this range)
(4) I had to scan a document, consisting of 8 pages. I was charged 20 RM for this "service". Other hotels do this for free.
(5) A few days after my stay, I was asked via email to give my customer feedback to the hotel management. I took the time to write a detailled letter, and received an automatic reply that the management would contact me soon and reply to my message. After one months, I still did not receive any response.
In sum, I would not recommend to stay at the Equatorial Hotel in Bangi.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A picturesque 5-star business resort, located midway between the capital's International airport and Kuala Lumpur city centre; and next door to Malaysia's administrative capital, Putrajaya and the Multimedia Super Corridor in Cyberjaya - a 10 to 20 minutes drive, makes Hotel Equatorial Bangi-Putrajaya an ideal choice for retreats. The 252 guest room hotel offers 3 restaurants, a lounge bar, a Grand Ballroom and 11 function rooms of various sizes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, HotelTravel.com, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Hotel Equatorial Bangi-Putrajaya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Equatorial Bangi Putrajaya