I just returned from a few days' stay with the hotel. The hotel is way out at Santabong Penisula (40 minutes shuttle away from city centre), nestled side by side with Damai Beach Resort and Permai Rainforest Resort.
Resort lobby is spacious and opens out to the sea. Check in is a breeze and the receptionists are courteous. There is no porter to help carry my bags though. The huge resort is certainly very under staffed.
Stayed at the Spa Wing, overlooking the huge infinity pool (a big plus) out into the sea. Good scenery and peaceful. The room is spacious but spartan - not much decor. Very little choice in TV channels, Bed is OK. There is no bathtub and the towels are a bit rough; minimal toiletries, not as much as I would expect for the price I paid. Lighting is a bit insufficient. There is no guide/ direction/ information for the hotel in the room.
I tried to arrange for a guide to go up to Mt Santubong, but to no avail. During my 4 days there, WiFi (which is only available at the lobby) did not work at all! Internet at its business center is a bit costly.
Breakfast at the circular Elements restaurant offered mainly local fare with limited choices. Juices were a bit dilute and coffee tasteless. I did find the waiters/waitresses courteous and they remember your name. I normally enjoy desserts but what they offered were below par. I didn't "dare" to try food from other restaurants. In fact some remained closed during week days.
The resort is very deserted during week days. But comes weekend, it is a bit noisy as families and kids descend on the resort and the pool. Damai Beach Resort next door is a lot busier.
Overall, I like the location and quietness, but not happy with the facilities and food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fronting Damai Beach at the foot of Mount Santubong in Kuching, Malaysia, Damai Puri Resort & Spa spans 207 elegant guestrooms, and boasts a Spa Village, 600-capacity ballroom, exhaustive recreation facilities, and 2 restaurants and 3 bars. It also hosts numerous activities for kids, couples, leisure travelers, and big groups. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Low Cost Holidays, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Otel, Asiatravel.com Holdings, HotelTravel.com and Orbitz so you can book your Damai Puri Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Damai Puri Hotel Kuching
- Damai Puri Resort And Spa
- Damai Puri Resort & Spa Kuching, Sarawak