Where to start - the smelly room, the poor service, the noise, the awful food? This is truly one of the worst places in which I have ever had the misfortune to stay. We got to the lodge and all was dark and appeared closed up (I had emailed with our late night arrival time and was told someone would be there). The place is remote, so we had no choice but to traipse through jungle trails in the dark and hope for the best. Eventaully found a member of staff. As he showed is in he said that the national badminton team had also checked in, and were on a "mental strengthening weekend", so "don't worry" if we hear loud noises as they aren't allowed to sleep tonight so speakers have been installed everywhere to play loud music. I thought it was a joke, but sure enough there was loud (and terrible) music playing throughout both nights we stayed. Anyway, back to our arrival. As we ascended the stairs to the treehouse I felt ticklish ... by the time we got to the door I had hundreds of ants all over my hands and arms! They were inside too, dead and alive on the pillows and sheets. The bedding smelled as though it had been left festering in a wet heap in a washing machine for a few days (I've stayed in many places in the rainforest that naturally smelled a bit of damp, but this was gross). The food was abysmal. I am admittedly picky, but my husband who can (and does) happily eat just about anything was equally unimpressed. There is a reason they make you pay in advance at this place ...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Permai Rainforest Resort is an eco-resort set in pristine Borneo rainforest located by the beach at the foot of mystical Mount Santubong, Sarawak. Carefully designed to minimize impact on the natural environment, it offers a unique rainforest experience and a variety of activities from dolphin watching to high ropes courses and guided kayaking tours. Just 40 minutes from the Kuching, its an ideal way to experience Borneo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Hotels.com, Agoda, Despegar.com, Odigeo, EasyToBook and TripOnline SA so you can book your Permai Rainforest Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Permai Rainforest Hotel Kuching
- Permai Rainforest Resort Kuching, Sarawak