If you want a touch of the real Borneo but don't want to leave too many home comforts behind you, then I cannot recommend Permai Rainforest resort too highly. Rahim, the manager, is trained in Ecology and it shows in every aspect. There are all kinds of accomodation here to suit every budget. The Tree Houses are superb, set up in the branches, overlooking the sea, so close you can hear the waves shifting the sands below you. They are weathered on the outside and all newly refurbished, new mattresses etc. inside. Opening the door is an amazing contrast as the outside blends so well with the trees. This holiday I parked a tent on the camp site, with 5 other groups of friends, for the Rainforest Music Festival and what an experience it was for all of us. Everyone wants to return. The beach nearby is superb and practically private for the campers, we just rolled out of our sleeping bags onto the sand and into the gentle waves. The ablution blocks are well supplied and clean. The staff and incredibly friendly and helpful. The menu is diverse, well presented and very well priced. Meal come with a view to die for in the large open air wooden restaurant overlooking the tree tops to the sea. If you want a truly authentic jungle walk you must try the one hour loop at the resort. I have been on many many jungle treks in my 7 years on Borneo and there is none that can beat this one for diversity, beauty and ease of accessibility. Truly, if you are in Kuching, don't miss this place, you'll never forget it.
- Also Known As:
- Permai Rainforest Hotel Kuching
- Permai Rainforest Hotel
- Permai Rainforest Resort Kuching, Sarawak
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Permai Rainforest Resort is an eco-resort set in pristine Borneo rainforest located by the beach at the foot of mystical Mount Santubong, Sarawak. Carefully designed to minimize impact on the natural environment, it offers a unique rainforest experience and a variety of activities from dolphin watching to high ropes courses and guided kayaking tours. Just 40 minutes from the Kuching, its an ideal way to experience Borneo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Permai Rainforest Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.