This hotel is not in my priority list, but since my mother prefer a hotel closer to her favourite hangout, I decided to give it another shot for one night on 31 August.
Surprisingly, for our visit this time, the service has improved. Kudos to the staffs, especially the guy who won the August Employee of the Month. Now, this is the kind of little things that would make us return to the hotel.
However, we had a nightmare for breakfast the next day (1 September). The food in the buffet line depleted even faster than one can say 'kia-su'. Well, there's a certain association who celebrated their 40th anniversary in this hotel, and I can conclude that they milked out every single cent the spend on the hotel successfully during the breakfast (I think they forgot other people paid for their food, too). Their table manners and good attitudes was nowhere to be fund, and they put Sylvia Fine and other world class gourmand to shame with their multiple serving mountainous heap of food on their plates. Worst, some hogged the buffet table (yes, they ate in the buffet line) for easy access for extra food. If I were to belong to this kind of people, I would rather die than to live in embarrassment.
Having said that, I think the staff should take a proactive measure during this kind of situation. The breakfast itself was decent, but other guests made our morning a horrifying experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located within the central business and shopping district of Kuching,this business-class hotel offers well-appointed, spacious and comfortable Borneo-styled rooms for the discerning traveller. Banquet and Conference facilities able to accommodate up to 500 persons, Gala Dinner. Resort-feel Poolside to unwind after a long day at the Office or sightseeing in Kuching. International & Ethnic Sarawak Cuisine offered at the 24-hour Coffee House and In-Room Dining. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel Grand Continental Kuching reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Continental Kuching
- Hotel Grand Continental Kuching Sarawak