No doubt at all about the fresh air and a place to be for golfers but the resort is a bit run down. We stayed at a Birdie room (Deluxe) after persuasion from the reservation staff that the Par (standard) room would be too small for the family of four (2 a 2 c). As we were told that the resort serve only vegeterian.. we brought our instant noodles and titbits. Walking around the resort is like walking in the dark without guides. There were no maps to show the walking routesa and for all the activities come with a price.We followed the route of the golf course and the children had fun playing golf without the golf sticks... OUR DISLIKE: When we checked in there were no toilet paper so we had to walk to the reception counter to request for one (no phone in the room). It took nearly an hour b4 a unfriendly housekeeper knocked on the door to say. "NO STOCK". It was so funny to realize that the resort RUN OUT of toilet paper.. In the end we asked for tissue paper instead. Next morning we had our so called Veg bfast. A place were reserved for us and to the horror or joke when we were at the buffet line... it is not a veg buffet. WHat was served were eggs (oh.. the cook at that time do not know what is a "sunny side eggs" He said it is fried egg) Nasi Lemak without the meat, roti canai with some pumpkin at the bottom of the cold curry, bread ( 2 types with a broken down toaster), fruits and That is all folks. Soory..I did not mention there is no TV in the room.
LIKES: Cool and plenty of greenery. The air is fresh and at night it is really peaceful except with the next door kids playing soccer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A hidden treasure in the heart of Borneo’s highland rainforest. Cleverly tucked away in the exotic highland rainforest of Borneo standing at the height of 1,000 meters above sea level on the Sarawak-Kalimantan border. Flushed within 5,000 acres of untouched greens, surrounded by the world’s oldest and 2nd largest tropical rainforest, Borneo Highlands Resort is surely a sanctuary to escape to. Unwind, renew, and rejuvenate with a careful selection of enjoyable retreats, tailored exclusively for you to take care of your inner self while we take care of the rest. Back to Nature, Back to Basics ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Priceline and EasyToBook so you can book your Borneo Highlands Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Borneo Highlands Hotel Kuching
- Borneo Highlands Resort Kuching, Sarawak