BHR is an excellent couples getaway, especially for golfers. The resort is a quaint, romantic, understated mountain-top resort with stunning views and surrounded by virgin jungle. The rooms were very pleasant with a lot of light and reminded me somewhat of a Japanese ryokan. The food was simple, well-prepared and very tasty vegetarian cuisine. I recommend the lasagna ratatouille, the vegetable curry and any of the soups. The staff were very pleasant and friendly. The course was well beyond expectations. I don't know how they maintained it so well given how few grounds keepers we saw, but it was immaculate. The highlight of the trip was Margaret, a pint-sized local Bidayuh woman who grew up on the mountain and was full of ghostly tales. In addition, she gave one of the best therapeutic massages I've ever had, actually sorting out a nasty shoulder problem that I've had for months. Go there!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A hidden treasure in the heart of Borneo’s highland rainforest. Cleverly tucked away in the exotic highland rainforest of Borneo standing at the height of 1,000 meters above sea level on the Sarawak-Kalimantan border. Flushed within 5,000 acres of untouched greens, surrounded by the world’s oldest and 2nd largest tropical rainforest, Borneo Highlands Resort is surely a sanctuary to escape to. Unwind, renew, and rejuvenate with a careful selection of enjoyable retreats, tailored exclusively for you to take care of your inner self while we take care of the rest. Back to Nature, Back to Basics ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Borneo Highlands Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Borneo Highlands Hotel Kuching
- Borneo Highlands Resort Kuching, Sarawak