I've been coming to this hotel for years and I appreciate the staff, the location, feeling of the place. They have recently refurbished the rooms (much needed), and the rooms with the river view are terrific, even though the view of the river is blighted by the Dewan, which folks call the "lemon squeezer" - an insult to Sarawakians perpetrated by you know who.
But in this era, where even the cheapest hotels and resthouses offer free internet, it's surprising and annoying that the Hilton charges (a substantial amount) for in-house internet. They have advised me that this is because the internet is provided by an external third party. Also I understand that there are steps to provide this service in-house. That development can't come too soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Kuching is located in the heart of the charming city of Kuching, overlooking the tranquil Sarawak River. Kuching's landmark, the hotel commands the best view of the gently winding river and other captivating sights.20 minutes drive (11 km) from Kuching International Airport, whilst the commercial centre and city attractions such as the Main Bazaar, Kuching Waterfront and the Tua Pek Kong Temple are a mere walk away.Modern shopping centres are reachable on foot, as are classic old historical sites are nearby. The hotel makes the perfect base to explore Kuching! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hilton EMEA, Agoda, Despegar.com, Orbitz, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Kuching reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Kuching Hotel Kuching
- Hilton International Kuching
- Kuching Hilton International
- Hilton Kuching Sarawak