Over the years since my 1st review, I have been back to stay here many times. My last visit last weekend was a big disappointment. I didn't feel at peace as I usually do at this resort. Firstly, the suite room I usually stay in had the carpet removed and now has unvarnished wooden floors. Though this makes it easier for house keeping to clean, they didn't do a good job. The floor was sandy and dusty. It got worse over the weekend with our comings and goings. That made bed time a sandy affair! Overall, the rooms and facilities need a much needed uplifting.
With the opening of Damai Central next to the hotel, the exclusiveness of the resort is no more. Damai Central is a complex with a noisy bar, so called "flea market", souvenier shop and a Chinese Restaurant. Oh and its also the place to be for big bikers to meet. So generally, it can get crowded over the weekends and holidays. The noise from the bar can be heard at the resort and I couldn't sleep till way after midnight. Damai Central and the hotel share the same owner. Naturally, the now exclusive beach is open to outsiders.
I miss the relative peace and quiet of what this resort used to be. The only time the beach is quiet is at 6 am in the morning and at noon time. If you're looking for a relaxing getaway, don't come to this hotel at the weekends, public holidays and school holidays.
The food isn't anything to shout about. Really gotten worse over the years, particularly so in the last 6 months. Try the Chinese restaurant at Damai Central.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four-story Beach Resort & newer waterfront chalets (1993) with accommodations in ethnic-design longhouses & chalets. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Orbitz, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Expedia, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Otel, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Damai Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Damai Beach Hotel Kuching
- Damai Beach Kuching
- Holiday Inn Kuching
- Damai Beach Resort Kuching, Sarawak