“Strategically located in the heart of Kuching with just enough facilities you need” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pullman Kuching

You added Pullman Kuching to your Saves list
Pullman Kuching
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No. 1A, Jalan Mathies, Kuching 93100, Malaysia   |
Ranked #3 of 48 Hotels in Kuching
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

First and foremost, the fact that the hotel is strategically located in the heart of Kuching, it provide excellent access to explore the city with everything just few minutes away.

Before I go further, let's talk about the hotel itself. Pullman provides free parking in the basement of the building, which is a big thumbs up. The lift arrives directly at the pullman lobby. All you need to do is just get your ticket validated at the receptionist and off you go. The hotel has modern looks. You need to insert the room card into the slot in the lift to be able to press your room level. I love the carpet design that covers each of the floor starting right in front of the lift. The room is normal I would say. Sufficient space to walk around and lay your things around. The bathroom is kinda huge with a bathtub and a shower with screen. However, I noticed that the furniture in the room doesnt meet my expectation. It almost look like cheap furniture to me but still that didn't really affect my stay though. The room service was excellent and quick.

Now we go out of the hotel. During my stay, my family and I love to go to the restaurant right across of pullman for breakfast almost everyday which I think it's called warung nusantara. It's open 24 hours and serve good food.

Apart from that, for your info, pullman is attached together with a shopping mall called the hills, which to me is a lame shopping mall, almost dead to me. Except for the long stretch of restaurants on the ground floor. But it could be useful to go there and grab some last minute toiletries and groceries etc. But definitely a big no no for shopping.

Overall, Pullman Kuching is a good place to stay in Kuching, probably the most value for money hotel. It is middle price range about rm200 plus per night.

• Stayed February 2013
PullmanKuching, General Manager at Pullman Kuching, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear Arilr, Warmest Greetings from Pullman Kuching! I would like thank you for your positive feedback regarding your recent stay with us . I’m looking forward to welcoming you back to Pullman Kuching.

Should you need any further enquiries, do drop an email to me at eric.tan@accor.com.

Regards, Eric Tan.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I stay at hotels quite often and this is one of the best I have stayed.
Such a nice hotel, clean and amazing soft beds along with nice staff made my stay one if the best.
I have stayed at a few hotels in Kuching including the Hilton and Madiga Palace and this hotel beats them all.
Great value, great rooms, staff and great food. I can not fault the place.

• Stayed January 2013
Dear mattarm33_11, Warmest Greetings from Pullman Kuching! I would like thank you for your positive feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I'm looking forward to welcoming you back to Pullman Kuching.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Traveling with extended family, it was no easy task to find a hotel that would meet everyone's expectations and budget. The Pullman Kuching was the perfect choice.
After roughing it in the jungle all day, we all loved coming 'home' to the cool and clean serenity of our very generously sized rooms and bathrooms.
We asked for many special favors from the front desk, the hotel bar, the coffee shop as well as the in house cake shop. Each one was met with a big smile and immediately solved to our full satisfaction.
We will definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who ever asks us.
One more interesting fact, the Pullman online booking site had the better deals than any of the usual booking sites.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
PullmanKuching, General Manager at Pullman Kuching, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Fanny B, Warmest Greetings from Pullman Kuching! I would like thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I’m looking forward to welcoming you back to Pullman Kuching.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Location is convenient, staff are friendly and ever wiling to help, breakfast is great, spa and gym are excellent. A few minor hiccups such as door cards not working after the first 48 hours and staff not consistent in communications. We booked for 4 nights under 2 separate bookings and names and they called us to ask if we were checking out aft 2 days even though at check in, it was made clear to them we had 2 bookings and will be staying for 4 nights. Nonetheless, the overall experience was that of an international brand and we will def come back again. Very nice indeed.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Polly P, Warmest Greetings from Pullman Kuching! I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us, having great breakfast and as well the spa and gym. We will review the shortfall for future improvements.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Pullman is likely the best hotel in Kuching; great service, fantastic breakfast spread, every one smiles and is cheerful, particularly from Reuben, Ismail, Hazel, and other front counter staff; would recommend this hotel highly! Well done!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
PullmanKuching, General Manager at Pullman Kuching, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear Rupert S, Warmest Greetings from Pullman Kuching! I would like thank you for your positive feedback of your recent stay with us here and compliments to our staffs as well. I’m looking forward to welcoming you back to Pullman Kuching.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

It's a new hotel with modern design. Clean hotel with walking distance to nearby attractions. Overall, it's a nice stay. Only minus point is the staff at counter with least smile on face and service provided during check-in is slow. P/S: Walking distance to TopSpot seafood. The seafood there is fresh and yummy. A must go.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear jxlam86, Warmest Greetings from Pullman Kuching! I would like thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I’m looking forward to welcoming you back to Pullman Kuching.

amsterdam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

During our roundtrip in Borneo we stayed in this hotel for 2 nights.
We payed around 60 euro per night for a deluxe, i think it was an openingdeal.

The room was located on the 11 floor and had a great view over Kuching's waterfront / city.
The big windows made us order roomservice for dinner on the first night and just watching the sunsetfrom the bed, amazing!

The breakfast was excluded from the roomprice but worth every penny! Even sushi available.

Swimmingpool was great, fitness area was superb!

The location of the hotel is great, its in the center of Kuching City. Try the chinatown and the river esplanade.

Room Tip: Get a room on a higher floor so you can enjoy the explicit views.